AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Why are you guys even worried about TDs? He's also got 485 receiving yards through 5 weeks. The TDs will probably drop off but his floor is still pretty high. There isn't a single WR in the NFL that will score a TD every single week so what exactly is your guys point? Thats your reason to trade him or to bench him? Sounds funny to me.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand the regression talks. He gets TDs because he has the ability to create separation as well as catch competitive throws. He already had a game without a TD, and then bounced back with a huge game like a WR1 does, so this isn’t some coincidence that he’s been playing that good and getting the targets. It’s not like the Jags will be like “alright he’s had enough, let’s use someone else now.” If he continues playing the way he has, why would they look elsewhere? He’s been their best receiver and through 5 weeks, so defenses have already been planning for him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with Chark's value going forward is not the TD's it's the volume. Most of his metrics are WR1 level but he ranks just 23rd in targets per game. That's barely WR2. Great player performing well, but his production will see a dip if his targets don't go up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

The problem with Chark's value going forward is not the TD's it's the volume. Most of his metrics are WR1 level but he ranks just 23rd in targets per game. That's barely WR2. Great player performing well, but his production will see a dip if his targets don't go up. 

He’s had 8 and 11 the past two games...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat him last week and I’m starting him this week. Soooo, he will underwhelm because I’m usually wrong in these situations. You all have been warned.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He’s had 8 and 11 the past two games...

That's been encouraging. He's still averaging 7.4 which is not going to sustain his current production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Flyers_28 said:

 

i just don't see them benching foles already anyway they just gave him 88 mil 50 gtd to be a back up ?

unless they want to trade him i think he will start when healthy 

If Gardner stays the course and win about 50% of the games, he wont get benched. 

Gardner is a star!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why are you guys even worried about TDs? He's also got 485 receiving yards through 5 weeks. The TDs will probably drop off but his floor is still pretty high. There isn't a single WR in the NFL that will score a TD every single week so what exactly is your guys point? Thats your reason to trade him or to bench him? Sounds funny to me.

 

He doesn't have the big name that the Rd1 or Rd2 wrs have. If those big name superstars had his stats so far this year he'd be a no-brainer start and you live and die with the results without regret. However because he's unknown he isn't a "rotoworld darling" yet so each week people will make excuses to not start him despite being top 6WR in 12 team 0.5ppr at the moment. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Sat him last week and I’m starting him this week. Soooo, he will underwhelm because I’m usually wrong in these situations. You all have been warned.

This is all I'm seeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There comes a point where you have to say it's not a fluke anymore, it's reality. Jacksonville's passing game has the right ability and right situation to sustain his production. They are 14th in pass attempts per game and 10th in yards per game. Nothing stellar, but in the top half no doubt.  Their defense isn't hard to score on and keeps them from run dominant game scripts (60/40% pass/run). Their offensive plays per game have gone up and they ran the 7th most plays per game the last 3 weeks.

The talent itself is also there. He can beat corners 1 on 1 and Minshew trusts him. Westbrook's reemergence should help take attention away and the better Fournette runs, the less teams can focus on the pass. The O'Shaunnessy injury is also a sneaky boosts to his stock, as O'Shaunnessy is the only jaguar with more looks inside the 20 than Chark. I'm buying ROS.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is the reality that Lattimore will most likely shadow Chark, remember Mike Evans and Cooper.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, esoomer said:

There is the reality that Lattimore will most likely shadow Chark, remember Mike Evans and Cooper.....

hopkins did pretty good 

i dont know if he was on lockett but he torched them too 

and kupp and cooks were decent im sure he was covering one of them as well 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn’t expect much today in a bad matchup (Mike Evans 0), stick with him as a set/forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to warn people Gilmore is the only cb playing better than Lattimore. Better weeks ahead 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For us in return leagues I noticed he was back taking kicks. Is this something new?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a juicy schedule for the next 3 games.  Not sure how you can take him out of the lineup despite yesterday's effort.

Now, if he flops against the Bengals and Jets, you need to seriously re-evaluate him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling confident in Chark for the next few.  Elite secondaries will keep him in check, but barring injury I foresee significantly more booms than busts.  Can't ask for better in a WW pickup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, affliction said:

Tried to warn people Gilmore is the only cb playing better than Lattimore. Better weeks ahead 

 

one bad game and it's i told you so? The whole offense was trash fwiw doesn't make up for missing that explosion he dropped the week prior but okay lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

He has a juicy schedule for the next 3 games.  Not sure how you can take him out of the lineup despite yesterday's effort.

Now, if he flops against the Bengals and Jets, you need to seriously re-evaluate him.

 

i mean hopkins and evan continue to flop and be no-brainers. I can live and die with this *shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

one bad game and it's i told you so? The whole offense was trash fwiw doesn't make up for missing that explosion he dropped the week prior but okay lol

I mean he was saying it was only going to be one bad game...reading comprehension friend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guwop said:

 

i mean hopkins and evan continue to flop and be no-brainers. I can live and die with this *shrug*

 

Chark is not Hopkins or Evans.  When Chark has a Pro Bowl season, I'll give him the leeway that Hopkins and Evans get.  Until then, Chark is basically the same as McLaurin - two guys who, until further notice, should be in your lineup weekly but if they start to falter, you look for other options.  It would take a lot more to pull a Deandre Hopkins from my lineup than McLaurin or Chark.  These guys are rookies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...