AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

These guys are rookies.

Chark was a rookie last year. 

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

Chark was a rookie last year. 

That's right, my bad.  Last year he didn't do anything.  Even more reason to not put him in the same class as Evans and Hopkins.

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I mean he was saying it was only going to be one bad game...reading comprehension friend.

And I'm saying that he posted that partially because he warned us about benching him for bradberry the week prior and it was wrong and now this comes out. Context matters friend. My whole comment was in response to that not his comment about the season outlook which i saw already.

3 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

That's right, my bad.  Last year he didn't do anything.  Even more reason to not put him in the same class as Evans and Hopkins.

yea he's actually producing great ppr weeks, isn't busting at his draft position and isn't becoming a waste of a 1st/2nd round pick lol

but your prior point is duly noted and accurate. No further retort from me on that one 

Edited by Guwop

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

In his defense, No one can do anything with Bortles lol 

Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

In his defense, No one can do anything with Bortles lol 

Fair enough.  Juju would agree with you.

What's the scoop with this guy? He is generically classified as low WR2 or WR3 type. But I think he is actually more than that. Not only the stats confirm it, but the eye test and the connection with Minshew. Seemed to be in sync with Foles as well on their great TD connection in week 1.

Bottom line, I would classify him as a solid WR2 at least. That's with WR1 upside. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he indeed finishes the season as WR1.

Are people in your leagues actually selling him low?

Don't forget guys.....Chark attacks come when you least expect them. My boy Minshew to my boy Chark for 2 TD this Sunday.......

In the first half.

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

What's the scoop with this guy? He is generically classified as low WR2 or WR3 type. But I think he is actually more than that. Not only the stats confirm it, but the eye test and the connection with Minshew. Seemed to be in sync with Foles as well on their great TD connection in week 1.

Bottom line, I would classify him as a solid WR2 at least. That's with WR1 upside. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if he indeed finishes the season as WR1.

Are people in your leagues actually selling him low?

He probably needs to perform at this level for a few more games, before people value him the way he's performed.  I also think he's way overperformed over the opportunies he's gotten.  He's been on this list on ESPN alot of weeks, which is a good thing.  But it also means he's usually a weekly regression candidate.  You can keep up a hot streak for a while, but not forever.  Week 6 he was a regression candidate, as was most of these guys on the list. Don't get me wrong, Chark has played lights out, but eventually defenses start figuring out he's the guy they need to focus on and you come down to earth a bit.   

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/fantasy32week6/fantasy-intel-all-32-nfl-teams-ahead-week-6

"Here are the players who exceeded their OFP by the largest margin this past week and are thus candidates to see a dip in fantasy production moving forward, assuming they see a similar workload:

Exceeded their OFP by the largest margin in Week 5

Player Actual Pts OFP FORP
1. Christian McCaffrey, RB 48 25 22
2. Will Fuller V, WR 54 32 22
3. Michael Thomas, WR 41 21 20
4. Deshaun Watson, QB 42 24 18
5. Aaron Jones, RB 49 32 17
6. Amari Cooper, WR 40 24 16
7. DJ Chark Jr., WR 36 21 15
8. Chris Godwin, WR 32 17 15
9. Matt Breida, RB 28 14 14
10. Adam Thielen, WR 32 19 13

21 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Lock and Loaded Boyz!

Both starting Cinci CB's are doubtful for this week.....😎👌

Now that's that s--- I wanna hear!

How the hell has Cinci given up the 4th least points to WRs this year? Blows my mind must be an anomaly. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 10:40 AM, Brownsfan74 said:

I remember Hopkins not having a qb once too 

Just now, CABLE87 said:

I remember Hopkins scoring 4 TDs with Fitzmagic throwing to him. Switched him out of my fanduel lineup last second. Still hurts 5 years later. 

• Haha 4

Just now, collucho said:

I remember Hopkins scoring 4 TDs with Fitzmagic throwing to him. Switched him out of my fanduel lineup last second. Still hurts 5 years later. 

Probably cause you didn't see the talent in him at the time, kind of like some of you not seeing the talent in Charknado

• Like 1

1 minute ago, collucho said:

👈

7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

2016 he was awful without a QB.  2015 his QBs were weak (Hoyer / Mallett) in real life, but they were decent fantasy QBs.  But if your QB hits 2016 Brock Osweiler / Tom Savage levels, no WR can produce.  Even with them, he went 954 / 4 tds, but with his talent, he should never be under 1000 yards barring injury.

42 minutes ago, collucho said:

Now that's that s--- I wanna hear!

How the hell has Cinci given up the 4th least points to WRs this year? Blows my mind must be an anomaly. 

Im assuming because teams can run at will against them. Fournette is in for a huge game but hopefully there are some leftovers/big plays for Chark.

Bengals' starting CBs are out as well.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Are you guys at all worried that the Jaguars are just gonna feed Leonard like crazy since the Bengals suck against the rain (and barely pass the ball)? Or am I just overthinking this? I know I shouldn't hesitate starting Chark but I am worried that they aren't going to be passing it much

1 minute ago, Squidward said:

Are you guys at all worried that the Jaguars are just gonna feed Leonard like crazy since the Bengals suck against the rain (and barely pass the ball)? Or am I just overthinking this? I know I shouldn't hesitate starting Chark but I am worried that they aren't going to be passing it much

Even if they feed Fournette a ton, it's not like they're going to have zero pass attempts.  Both Bengals CBs are out, and now Westbrook questionable.  Even if Chark only gets 6-7 targets he should do fine with them.  

3 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Lock and Loaded Boyz!

Both starting Cinci CB's are doubtful for this week.....😎👌

The water has been chummed... 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Squidward said:

That could happen. I am still starting Chark.

46 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Depends on your options.  I'm struggling with this one as well with Robert Woods as my other option.