AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just checked the weather forecast in Cincinnati for Sunday. 10% chance of rain as of now....seems most of the rain will hold off until Monday. Go Chark and go Jags.
 

giphy.gif

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Squidward said:

Are you guys at all worried that the Jaguars are just gonna feed Leonard like crazy since the Bengals suck against the rain (and barely pass the ball)? Or am I just overthinking this? I know I shouldn't hesitate starting Chark but I am worried that they aren't going to be passing it much

 

Certainly possible.  It's also possible that they feed Fournette after Charcandrick East scores two first half TDs, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, mocha4313 said:

Love this guy as a late round flier. Tough to predict with jaguars receivers but he has the tools and now the QB. Good investment in that offense since Dede's price has risen considerably

Wish I'd followed through with this in my dynasty startup SMH. Instead I took Anthony Miller for some reason LMAO.

As for Chark he won't be a top 10 WR but I really see him as a WR2 ROS. Minshew loves him and I think he has established himself well enough to be a factor even if Foles comes back, especially in the RZ. The raw talent was always there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Wish I'd followed through with this in my dynasty startup SMH. Instead I took Anthony Miller for some reason LMAO.

As for Chark he won't be a top 10 WR but I really see him as a WR2 ROS. Minshew loves him and I think he has established himself well enough to be a factor even if Foles comes back, especially in the RZ. The raw talent was always there

Posts like this coming out of no where. How you know he won’t be top 10? You got a crystal ball? I got Hopkins this year and he’s 20 so far in standard scoring and I got Chark too and he’s number 2. Just stop trying to predict things that you have no control over. Chark is a great wr he can easily finish top 10 just like any other top wr. It’s already been 6 weeks. 2 more is half the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Posts like this coming out of no where. How you know he won’t be top 10? You got a crystal ball? I got Hopkins this year and he’s 20 so far in standard scoring and I got Chark too and he’s number 2. Just stop trying to predict things that you have no control over. Chark is a great wr he can easily finish top 10 just like any other top wr. It’s already been 6 weeks. 2 more is half the season. 

He chose miller I’ve Chark. I think that says enough lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Posts like this coming out of no where. How you know he won’t be top 10? You got a crystal ball? I got Hopkins this year and he’s 20 so far in standard scoring and I got Chark too and he’s number 2. Just stop trying to predict things that you have no control over. Chark is a great wr he can easily finish top 10 just like any other top wr. It’s already been 6 weeks. 2 more is half the season. 

I'll adjust what I said to top 8, considering the underperformance of top WRs this year. But I don't see him sustaining top 5 WR production mostly because his target share is not high enough. He still trails Dede in that department. Now he has been efficient and is most physically gifted then Westbrook so I still prefer him and in standard I think his ceiling is definitely higher because of RZ potential but in PPR I think top 5 WR is a stretch. Just go back through the years and look at every year's top 5 WRs and count how many you see who came out of nowhere. One of the biggest reasons for that is target share. I don't understand the anger though. Considering what you got him for WR2 production with the possibility of more is an excellent outcome.

9 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He chose miller I’ve Chark. I think that says enough lol

I am sure your draft was 100% perfect with no whiffs or passing on more productive players right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Posts like this coming out of no where. How you know he won’t be top 10? You got a crystal ball? I got Hopkins this year and he’s 20 so far in standard scoring and I got Chark too and he’s number 2. Just stop trying to predict things that you have no control over. Chark is a great wr he can easily finish top 10 just like any other top wr. It’s already been 6 weeks. 2 more is half the season. 


Predicting is a part of these threads and this forum. Not sure why you’re blasting a guy for giving his opinion on how Chark will finish the season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He chose miller I’ve Chark. I think that says enough lol


I’m quite sure Miller was chosen ahead of Chark in almost every league, especially considering Chark was a waiver pickup in most 12-team leagues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all hostile.

 

Channel that s--- to Chark for the week and let him be angry for all of us.

-      Sincerely, just some guy that wants us all to get along.

 

In all honestly I like Chark as a top 15 going forward... of course he will have weeks where he's outside the top 30, but the 6 or so weeks he posts over 15 points I'm going to consider a win, especially since there will be a couple high 20 bombs in there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarbaricEric said:

Y'all hostile.

 

Channel that s--- to Chark for the week and let him be angry for all of us.

-      Sincerely, just some guy that wants us all to get along.

 

In all honestly I like Chark as a top 15 going forward... of course he will have weeks where he's outside the top 30, but the 6 or so weeks he posts over 15 points I'm going to consider a win, especially since there will be a couple high 20 bombs in there.

 

 

Name does NOT check out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:


Predicting is a part of these threads and this forum. Not sure why you’re blasting a guy for giving his opinion on how Chark will finish the season. 

There’s a difference in stating an opinion like I don’t think he’ll be top 5 and so on. He is pretty much guaranteeing it the way he said it. I don’t mean to put anyone on blast but I’m just saying the way he pitched his comment Based on nothing is just a bit annoying. Then he ends up back peddling and changing it to top 8 lol. Plenty of wrs come out of no where to finish the season top 10. You guys remember miles Austin? Lloyd from the broncos? These two just popped in my head but there’s plenty more. Happens every year.

Edited by StevenSC400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fallen back to earth, but still a good WR3 with upside to be a WR2. I'm still not convinced he has moved into consistent WR2 territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dede is starting to look like the #1 wr in this offense. Chark just missed a TD down at the half yard line though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overreaction city up in here. If you play in standard leagues and not in participation point leagues Hopkins hasn’t done anything since game 1. He just finally broke double digits for the first time since week 1. You guys that play in PPR leagues it really messes with your view on players. Past two games chark has been playing at his low but his floor is still really stable. If he does poorly next week again then I might be getting worried but as of now I’ve had Hopkins put up single digits for five straight weeks. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 1:25 AM, StevenSC400 said:

Overreaction city up in here. If you play in standard leagues and not in participation point leagues Hopkins hasn’t done anything since game 1. He just finally broke double digits for the first time since week 1. You guys that play in PPR leagues it really messes with your view on players. Past two games chark has been playing at his low but his floor is still really stable. If he does poorly next week again then I might be getting worried but as of now I’ve had Hopkins put up single digits for five straight weeks. 

Hopkins pedigree is much different than Charks. Of course single digits is surprising for Hop you don’t think about benching him. When chark has low games it’s alarming. You start to think are teams game planning to shut him down now and the attention is limiting his production which I believe is what happened last week. Dede benefitted 

Edited by affliction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minshew is looking for Dede in the slot a lot more often now. I still think they can both produce especially when Foles comes back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

How are the Jets cornerbacks?

One of those middling units that are neither great or garbage. John brown week 1 and Odell week 2 had big games since then  you have a bunch of 6-7catches a game for 60-70 yds performances against them 

Edited by affliction
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, StevenSC400 said:

Overreaction city up in here. If you play in standard leagues and not in participation point leagues Hopkins hasn’t done anything since game 1. He just finally broke double digits for the first time since week 1. You guys that play in PPR leagues it really messes with your view on players. Past two games chark has been playing at his low but his floor is still really stable. If he does poorly next week again then I might be getting worried but as of now I’ve had Hopkins put up single digits for five straight weeks. 

The overreaction was weeks back when people were claiming Chark is a #1 WR. He still looks like a WR3 borderline WR2 to me. Reminds me of Boyd last season but not as much volume. Either way my receivers suck so I trot him out there every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Foles coming back everything is up in the air again with this WR core

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.