AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

They really fed him the ball today and he was close to having a bigger stat line. Had a series where he received back-to-back end zone targets. One was badly behind him/low but still almost got to it. He's a strong WR2. Somewhere in the 14-20 range. 

He will be a better option with the return of Foles. Still in the WR2 territory though, not a WR1, despite the early season success. I view him closer to a WR3 though because of the boom/bust nature of the quality of targets he gets. He is very reliant on long catches for production and not producing consistent yards/receptions.

11 minutes ago, devaster said:

He will be a better option with the return of Foles. Still in the WR2 territory though, not a WR1, despite the early season success. I view him closer to a WR3 though because of the boom/bust nature of the quality of targets he gets. He is very reliant on long catches for production and not producing consistent yards/receptions.

Name 20 other WRs you’d rather have over chark. He is more of a deep threat WR. Nothing wrong with that. That’s pretty much tyreek hill diggs etc. Bad game in London with Minshew having a terrible game. These London games you never know what your gonna get. But to call him a WR3 is a stretch.

Edited by StevenSC400

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wtf happened today? Great matchup. 9 targets. Only 4/32

Minshew happened

1 minute ago, kelle1sa said:

Minshew happened

Yep. He looked pretty bad. Annoyingly found Conley plenty though. 

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wtf happened today? Great matchup. 9 targets. Only 4/32

one of the targets was short and he still caught it - but it came out when he hit the ground, one was 5 feet to the left of him, another he had a defender draped on him in a no-call. 

1 minute ago, altmin said:

one of the targets was short and he still caught it - but it came out when he hit the ground, one was 5 feet to the left of him, another he had a defender draped on him in a no-call. 

And he also got called on a BS phantom OPI.

4 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Yep. He looked pretty bad. Annoyingly found Conley plenty though. 

Conley, the Houston DB? because the other Conley had 2 catches 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Name 20 other WRs you’d rather have over chark. He is more of a deep threat WR. Nothing wrong with that. That’s pretty much tyreek hill diggs etc. Bad game in London with Minshew having a terrible game. These London games you never know what your gonna get. But to call him a WR3 is a stretch.

It isn't about 20 other WR's, but where my expectations are for his weekly output. And my expectations are closer to the WR3 territory. However, I think he will be a solid WR2 with Foles.

RIP young buck

It's the rare outlier that we all hate.  Chins up!

3 minutes ago, QQ1 said:

It's the rare outlier that we all hate.  Chins up!

I wouldn't say it is the rare outlier. He has 4 of these types of games. Weeks 4, 6, 7, and 9. And he probably should have had another last week if they don't get stupid at the GL and Fournette punches it in.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I wouldn't say it is the rare outlier. He has 4 of these types of games. Weeks 4, 6, 7, and 9. And he probably should have had another last week if they don't get stupid at the GL and Fournette punches it in.

Fair point.  Chark Jr. is the 5th highest (fantasy point) scoring WR this season in my league (= typical 0.5 PPR league).  That gives me confidence that he'll rebound.

1 minute ago, QQ1 said:

Fair point.  Chark Jr. is the 5th highest (fantasy point) scoring WR this season in my league (= typical 0.5 PPR league).  That gives me confidence that he'll rebound.

I'm not complaining. I've been starting him every week this season in a 0.5 PPR dynasty league.

Anyone looking to buy? I'm sitting 7-2 so I am starting to gear up for a playoff run. Chark's playoff schedule is juicyyyyyyy: w14 -Chargers, w15- Raiders, w16 - Falcons

Edited by Neauxls

He looked fine to me. The phantom pi call was a great catch just short of goaline that he showed great body control to twist his body around mid catch to try to extend toward goaline. Minshew was awful. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

Foles is coming back. Does Chark continue his pace of production or take a hit? 

Foles is more apt to throw the deep ball, which is always a plus.

• Like 1

Just now, mjb said:

Foles is more apt to throw the deep ball accurately, which is always a plus.

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BarbaricEric said:

He at the very least keeps his production

3 hours ago, BarbaricEric said:

If I remember right, the play Foles got hurt on was a long TD pass he threw to Chark.

9 minutes ago, ZappB said:

If I remember right, the play Foles got hurt on was a long TD pass he threw to Chark.

Foles got hurt on the TD to Chark true, SOooo, Foles is back.  Everyone should get better for a 2nd half run.