AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

FYI If you play on Yahoo, I believe you can still add a player in the Thursday Night game DURING the game. 

I grabbed TY Montgomery a couple of years ago while watching him ball out in the 2nd quarter of a Thursday game.

I’ll be watching tonight with my finger on the add/drop trigger.

Does anyone know if this is still doable on yahoo? 

Your league probably just had weird settings. I think Yahoo! standard locks at game time. I know my league does.

ED: The smart move (imo) is to do the opposite. Add a guy like Chark now, and if he sucks, drop him and get someone that's playing Sunday.

Edited by miasma16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

FYI If you play on Yahoo, I believe you can still add a player in the Thursday Night game DURING the game. 

I grabbed TY Montgomery a couple of years ago while watching him ball out in the 2nd quarter of a Thursday game.

I’ll be watching tonight with my finger on the add/drop trigger.

Does anyone know if this is still doable on yahoo? 

 

Some leagues allow you to pick up players while the game is going on and then keep them on your bench but not play them.

Leagues like that are cancer. Basically sitting by the waiver wire all Sunday just picking up people having big games, making sure you are punished for having a social life. Talk to your commisioner if that's the way things are setup in your league. All players should go to waivers as soon as their game starts, at the LEAST (you can also have all players go to waivers once the 1PM games start). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kball09 said:

 

Some leagues allow you to pick up players while the game is going on and then keep them on your bench but not play them.

Leagues like that are cancer. Basically sitting by the waiver wire all Sunday just picking up people having big games, making sure you are punished for having a social life. Talk to your commisioner if that's the way things are setup in your league. All players should go to waivers as soon as their game starts, at the LEAST (you can also have all players go to waivers once the 1PM games start). 

I'd only support that if injury reports were consistent. They aren't though and put Monday night players at a big disadvantage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Tennessee is the #5 pass defense per DVOA.  Probably a good idea to keep him on the bench this week and see what Minshew can do against a good defense.  Of course, some people don't have the luxury of benching him.

Adoree’ Jackson was routinely burned by anyone and everyone he was asked to shadow last season: the matchup is no reason to bench Chark if you believe in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, candygram4mongo said:

FYI If you play on Yahoo, I believe you can still add a player in the Thursday Night game DURING the game. 

I grabbed TY Montgomery a couple of years ago while watching him ball out in the 2nd quarter of a Thursday game.

I’ll be watching tonight with my finger on the add/drop trigger.

Does anyone know if this is still doable on yahoo? 

Once the game starts you shouldn’t be able to add him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Your league probably just had weird settings. I think Yahoo! standard locks at game time. I know my league does.

ED: The smart move (imo) is to do the opposite. Add a guy like Chark now, and if he sucks, drop him and get someone that's playing Sunday.

 

If your guy plays on Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to drop him on Sunday. He's locked for the week. If he's not, you have some bogus settings in that league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SGagne said:

 

If your guy plays on Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to drop him on Sunday. He's locked for the week. If he's not, you have some bogus settings in that league. 

Agreed.
The standard I've always seen is that 1.) you can't pick up players from a game in progress and 2.) once a player's game has started, he is locked for the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SGagne said:

 

If your guy plays on Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to drop him on Sunday. He's locked for the week. If he's not, you have some bogus settings in that league. 

That's honestly outrageous. Only starters should be locked on your roster once their team plays, not bench players. So, if DJ Chark is in your lineup, then he should be locked. If he's on the bench, then you should be able to release him at any point. But Chark is going to have another big night, so that's not happening anyway.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone confident he continues what he's been doing tonight????

[...] this game looks like a ground game to me,🤔

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pick up setting thing depends on how your commish set it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

That's honestly outrageous. Only starters should be locked on your roster once their team plays, not bench players. So, if DJ Chark is in your lineup, then he should be locked. If he's on the bench, then you should be able to release him at any point. But Chark is going to have another big night, so that's not happening anyway.

 

I've been playing fantasy football for almost 20 years, and I've never once been in a league that can happen. How does that not give you an advantage?  Let's use DJ as an example. He's on your bench for Thursday night but obviously plays.  Breaks his leg and he's going to be out for the season. You're now essentially able to add an extra player to your roster for the week while everyone else that doesn't have guys on Thursday night can't. You then have the luxury of picking up an extra player that someone else may have grabbed because your guy already played this week?  

How is this honestly outrageous?  It gives advantage to the owners who have their guys playing on Thursday, get injured and they can then drop them in the same week and pick up someone else to play?  

Another instance:  You have DJ Chark and he gets injured on Thursday.  Your starter that you decided to put in, has an injury on Friday and won't play this week. Instead of having to use bench depth or dropping the player that's in your starting lineup, you're then able to drop the guy who has already played and sub him into your starting lineup?

Please explain how the latter 's "honestly outrageous"???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Anyone confident he continues what he's been doing tonight????

[...] this game looks like a ground game to me,🤔

 

Chark is hot and he appears to be a good player.  On the other hand:

-- Thursday Night Football is a fantasy football graveyard

-- facing top 5 defense (based on tiny sample size)

-- Lee is back, so Chark is 1 of 4 WRs fighting for targets

-- unproven unheralded rookie QB

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

 

Chark is hot and he appears to be a good player.  On the other hand:

-- Thursday Night Football is a fantasy football graveyard

-- facing top 5 defense (based on tiny sample size)

-- Lee is back, so Chark is 1 of 4 WRs fighting for targets

-- unproven unheralded rookie QB

 

In the very small sample size, he does look to be frolicking in Minshew's Secret Garden though!  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sean Tambo said:

Anyone confident he continues what he's been doing tonight????

[...] this game looks like a ground game to me,🤔

This has Thursday Night snoozer written all over it to me:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SGagne said:

 

If your guy plays on Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to drop him on Sunday. He's locked for the week. If he's not, you have some bogus settings in that league. 

I mean, I suppose that's your opinion, but they aren't bogus settings, they're what Yahoo! leagues use by default. 

1 hour ago, SGagne said:

How does that not give you an advantage?

The ignorance of these posts. How do people still not get this? Of course it's an advantage. It's not an unfair one if every single team in the league can use it.

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I hate Thursday night games but I feel like I should ride the wave until he gives me a reason not to.  Don't want to overthink it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GeneralTsou said:

Man I hate Thursday night games but I feel like I should ride the wave until he gives me a reason not to.  Don't want to overthink it.

There is an interesting analysis on reddit about Thursday night games vs Sunday games. They concluded home teams seem to have fairly normal passing success, where away teams for some odd reason have bad passing numbers almost consistently. Weird. But, Jags are home, so that’s a plus I guess. I didn’t recheck their work, so take from it what u will I guess.

Edited by Godeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Godeep said:

There is an interesting analysis on reddit about Thursday night games vs Sunday games. They concluded home teams seem to have fairly normal passing success, where away teams for some odd reason have bad passing numbers almost consistently. Weird. But, Jags are home, so that’s a plus I guess. I didn’t recheck their work, so take from it what u will I guess.

 

I take it that the jags will pass fine and Mariota will be his normal self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, candygram4mongo said:

FYI If you play on Yahoo, I believe you can still add a player in the Thursday Night game DURING the game. 

I grabbed TY Montgomery a couple of years ago while watching him ball out in the 2nd quarter of a Thursday game.

I’ll be watching tonight with my finger on the add/drop trigger.

Does anyone know if this is still doable on yahoo? 

Gogo!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SGagne said:

 

If your guy plays on Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to drop him on Sunday. He's locked for the week. If he's not, you have some bogus settings in that league. 

Disagree. If you play him he should be locked, if not you should be able to drop him off your bench. It adds an extra element of strategy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SGagne said:

 

I've been playing fantasy football for almost 20 years, and I've never once been in a league that can happen. How does that not give you an advantage?  Let's use DJ as an example. He's on your bench for Thursday night but obviously plays.  Breaks his leg and he's going to be out for the season. You're now essentially able to add an extra player to your roster for the week while everyone else that doesn't have guys on Thursday night can't. You then have the luxury of picking up an extra player that someone else may have grabbed because your guy already played this week?  

How is this honestly outrageous?  It gives advantage to the owners who have their guys playing on Thursday, get injured and they can then drop them in the same week and pick up someone else to play?  

Another instance:  You have DJ Chark and he gets injured on Thursday.  Your starter that you decided to put in, has an injury on Friday and won't play this week. Instead of having to use bench depth or dropping the player that's in your starting lineup, you're then able to drop the guy who has already played and sub him into your starting lineup?

Please explain how the latter 's "honestly outrageous"???

Psshh your leagues rules sound lame. I hate when Commissioners make up a whole bunch of rules. Yahoo Default is where it's at. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Chark is beast

Best advice anyone ever gave me in FF and stock market: The trend is your friend. Whats most likely to happen is exactly whats been happening when it comes to Chark.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like a weekly start. Lower catch totals but he produces on those and the qb play is good enough to give him production weekly. Another successful week one pick up this year like Mclaurin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...