AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

FYI If you play on Yahoo, I believe you can still add a player in the Thursday Night game DURING the game. 

I grabbed TY Montgomery a couple of years ago while watching him ball out in the 2nd quarter of a Thursday game.

I’ll be watching tonight with my finger on the add/drop trigger.

Does anyone know if this is still doable on yahoo? 

Your league probably just had weird settings. I think Yahoo! standard locks at game time. I know my league does.

ED: The smart move (imo) is to do the opposite. Add a guy like Chark now, and if he sucks, drop him and get someone that's playing Sunday.

Edited by miasma16

27 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

FYI If you play on Yahoo, I believe you can still add a player in the Thursday Night game DURING the game. 

I grabbed TY Montgomery a couple of years ago while watching him ball out in the 2nd quarter of a Thursday game.

Some leagues allow you to pick up players while the game is going on and then keep them on your bench but not play them.

Leagues like that are cancer. Basically sitting by the waiver wire all Sunday just picking up people having big games, making sure you are punished for having a social life. Talk to your commisioner if that's the way things are setup in your league. All players should go to waivers as soon as their game starts, at the LEAST (you can also have all players go to waivers once the 1PM games start). 

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Some leagues allow you to pick up players while the game is going on and then keep them on your bench but not play them.

Leagues like that are cancer. Basically sitting by the waiver wire all Sunday just picking up people having big games, making sure you are punished for having a social life. Talk to your commisioner if that's the way things are setup in your league. All players should go to waivers as soon as their game starts, at the LEAST (you can also have all players go to waivers once the 1PM games start). 

I'd only support that if injury reports were consistent. They aren't though and put Monday night players at a big disadvantage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Tennessee is the #5 pass defense per DVOA.  Probably a good idea to keep him on the bench this week and see what Minshew can do against a good defense.  Of course, some people don't have the luxury of benching him.

Adoree’ Jackson was routinely burned by anyone and everyone he was asked to shadow last season: the matchup is no reason to bench Chark if you believe in him.

2 hours ago, candygram4mongo said:

Once the game starts you shouldn’t be able to add him. 

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Your league probably just had weird settings. I think Yahoo! standard locks at game time. I know my league does.

ED: The smart move (imo) is to do the opposite. Add a guy like Chark now, and if he sucks, drop him and get someone that's playing Sunday.

If your guy plays on Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to drop him on Sunday. He's locked for the week. If he's not, you have some bogus settings in that league. 

14 minutes ago, SGagne said:

If your guy plays on Thursday night, you shouldn't be able to drop him on Sunday. He's locked for the week. If he's not, you have some bogus settings in that league. 

Agreed.
The standard I've always seen is that 1.) you can't pick up players from a game in progress and 2.) once a player's game has started, he is locked for the week.

18 minutes ago, SGagne said:

That's honestly outrageous. Only starters should be locked on your roster once their team plays, not bench players. So, if DJ Chark is in your lineup, then he should be locked. If he's on the bench, then you should be able to release him at any point. But Chark is going to have another big night, so that's not happening anyway.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone confident he continues what he's been doing tonight????

[...] this game looks like a ground game to me,🤔

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

The pick up setting thing depends on how your commish set it up

15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

That's honestly outrageous. Only starters should be locked on your roster once their team plays, not bench players. So, if DJ Chark is in your lineup, then he should be locked. If he's on the bench, then you should be able to release him at any point. But Chark is going to have another big night, so that's not happening anyway.

I've been playing fantasy football for almost 20 years, and I've never once been in a league that can happen. How does that not give you an advantage?  Let's use DJ as an example. He's on your bench for Thursday night but obviously plays.  Breaks his leg and he's going to be out for the season. You're now essentially able to add an extra player to your roster for the week while everyone else that doesn't have guys on Thursday night can't. You then have the luxury of picking up an extra player that someone else may have grabbed because your guy already played this week?  

How is this honestly outrageous?  It gives advantage to the owners who have their guys playing on Thursday, get injured and they can then drop them in the same week and pick up someone else to play?  

Another instance:  You have DJ Chark and he gets injured on Thursday.  Your starter that you decided to put in, has an injury on Friday and won't play this week. Instead of having to use bench depth or dropping the player that's in your starting lineup, you're then able to drop the guy who has already played and sub him into your starting lineup?

Please explain how the latter 's "honestly outrageous"???

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Chark is hot and he appears to be a good player.  On the other hand:

-- Thursday Night Football is a fantasy football graveyard

-- facing top 5 defense (based on tiny sample size)

-- Lee is back, so Chark is 1 of 4 WRs fighting for targets

-- unproven unheralded rookie QB

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Chark is hot and he appears to be a good player.  On the other hand:

-- Thursday Night Football is a fantasy football graveyard

-- facing top 5 defense (based on tiny sample size)

-- Lee is back, so Chark is 1 of 4 WRs fighting for targets

-- unproven unheralded rookie QB

In the very small sample size, he does look to be frolicking in Minshew's Secret Garden though!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sean Tambo said:

This has Thursday Night snoozer written all over it to me:(

1 hour ago, SGagne said:

I mean, I suppose that's your opinion, but they aren't bogus settings, they're what Yahoo! leagues use by default. 

1 hour ago, SGagne said:

How does that not give you an advantage?

The ignorance of these posts. How do people still not get this? Of course it's an advantage. It's not an unfair one if every single team in the league can use it.

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Man I hate Thursday night games but I feel like I should ride the wave until he gives me a reason not to.  Don't want to overthink it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GeneralTsou said:

Man I hate Thursday night games but I feel like I should ride the wave until he gives me a reason not to.  Don't want to overthink it.

There is an interesting analysis on reddit about Thursday night games vs Sunday games. They concluded home teams seem to have fairly normal passing success, where away teams for some odd reason have bad passing numbers almost consistently. Weird. But, Jags are home, so that’s a plus I guess. I didn’t recheck their work, so take from it what u will I guess.

Edited by Godeep

6 minutes ago, Godeep said:

There is an interesting analysis on reddit about Thursday night games vs Sunday games. They concluded home teams seem to have fairly normal passing success, where away teams for some odd reason have bad passing numbers almost consistently. Weird. But, Jags are home, so that’s a plus I guess. I didn’t recheck their work, so take from it what u will I guess.

I take it that the jags will pass fine and Mariota will be his normal self

8 hours ago, candygram4mongo said:

Gogo!! 

6 hours ago, SGagne said:

Disagree. If you play him he should be locked, if not you should be able to drop him off your bench. It adds an extra element of strategy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SGagne said:

I've been playing fantasy football for almost 20 years, and I've never once been in a league that can happen. How does that not give you an advantage?  Let's use DJ as an example. He's on your bench for Thursday night but obviously plays.  Breaks his leg and he's going to be out for the season. You're now essentially able to add an extra player to your roster for the week while everyone else that doesn't have guys on Thursday night can't. You then have the luxury of picking up an extra player that someone else may have grabbed because your guy already played this week?  

How is this honestly outrageous?  It gives advantage to the owners who have their guys playing on Thursday, get injured and they can then drop them in the same week and pick up someone else to play?  

Another instance:  You have DJ Chark and he gets injured on Thursday.  Your starter that you decided to put in, has an injury on Friday and won't play this week. Instead of having to use bench depth or dropping the player that's in your starting lineup, you're then able to drop the guy who has already played and sub him into your starting lineup?

Please explain how the latter 's "honestly outrageous"???

Psshh your leagues rules sound lame. I hate when Commissioners make up a whole bunch of rules. Yahoo Default is where it's at. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Chark is beast

Best advice anyone ever gave me in FF and stock market: The trend is your friend. Whats most likely to happen is exactly whats been happening when it comes to Chark.

• Like 1

Looking like a weekly start. Lower catch totals but he produces on those and the qb play is good enough to give him production weekly. Another successful week one pick up this year like Mclaurin