crotchcrickets

Zac Gallen 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, BMcP said:

Thanks so much for all your tireless chart-work, @ST. STEVEN!  We all appreciate it!

Dilly! Dilly!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so whos throwing him out there this week in weekly leagues.  two tough road starts (@ was and @ atl).  he looked great until he ran out of gas....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He never ran out of gas.

He was cruising with 8Ks in 5 innings..then 2 infield hits and another hit and then RP gets rocked and all those inherited runners scored.  

Has not given up a HR yet and 14 Ks in 10 innings.  Walks are a little high but he wasnèt having control issues in the minors.

I am not benching a pitcher getting very unlucky with BABIP.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, for those starting him in hopes of 2 starts this week....

 

 
by RotoWire Staff
(2 hrs ago) Smith (hip) covered five innings and gave up four runs on five hits and a walk while striking out eight Sunday in his rehab start for Double-A Jacksonville.

Smith, who was making his second rehab appearance for the affiliate, served up two long balls but was otherwise effective while pushing up his pitch count to 83. The lefty looks ready to rejoin the big-league rotation and could be activated from the 10-day injured list to start either Saturday or Sunday in Atlanta. If that's the case, Smith would likely deny Zac Gallen a second start of the week, though Smith wouldn't necessarily push the rookie out of the rotation. With Gallen and youngsters Elieser Hernandez and Jordan Yamamoto generally faring well since moving up to the big club, Miami could go with a six-man staff coming out of the All-Star break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, herschel said:

FYI, for those starting him in hopes of 2 starts this week....

 

 
by RotoWire Staff
(2 hrs ago) Smith (hip) covered five innings and gave up four runs on five hits and a walk while striking out eight Sunday in his rehab start for Double-A Jacksonville.

Smith, who was making his second rehab appearance for the affiliate, served up two long balls but was otherwise effective while pushing up his pitch count to 83. The lefty looks ready to rejoin the big-league rotation and could be activated from the 10-day injured list to start either Saturday or Sunday in Atlanta. If that's the case, Smith would likely deny Zac Gallen a second start of the week, though Smith wouldn't necessarily push the rookie out of the rotation. With Gallen and youngsters Elieser Hernandez and Jordan Yamamoto generally faring well since moving up to the big club, Miami could go with a six-man staff coming out of the All-Star break.

They also could hold back Smith until after the All Star break as in "could be activated" but still no announcement which, if he was coming up, should have been made by now.  Like I said in the Caleb Smith thread; they can't seem to decide which one of their three young replacements to send down and we may have another round of auditions coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an owner starting him I just hope he doesn’t get pummeled. I don’t think he gets a W but 6 2/3 3.5 ER’s 1 HR 6ks could be a possibility. Facing Corbin so the bats will need to come alive and score some runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he pitches good tonight actually.  Yeah, the Win is going to be rough, but unfortunately we all knew that was going to be an issue from the get-go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

too bad about the rain, but looking forward to his second half....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked pretty good tonight all things considered. A couple of unlucky hits.. even the Soto HR was a little bit lucky, looked like the ball carried quite a bit (only 95 MPH exit velo HR to right center lol)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed the start, but any information on how he looked would be greatly appreciated, boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

He looked pretty good tonight all things considered. A couple of unlucky hits.. even the Soto HR was a little bit lucky, looked like the ball carried quite a bit (only 95 MPH exit velo HR to right center lol)

I'd actually say Gallen got lucky. Gallen got hit really hard today and the Nats batters made pretty good contact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain? And Corbin is in there and rolling. My kind of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mets, Padres, Dodgers after the ASB for the Marlins. I have decisions based on Yahoo's stupid weekly schedule.

 

 

Worried a bit about Gallen here

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, henchforlife said:

Mets, Padres, Dodgers after the ASB for the Marlins. I have decisions based on Yahoo's stupid weekly schedule.

 

 

Worried a bit about Gallen here

 

 

 

Honeatly if the Mets and Padres scare you, then every NL start will be scary outside Miami

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where does Gallen fit in ROS? SP 4 or 5? Streamer? He has looked good in his limited games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, merlin401 said:

 

Honeatly if the Mets and Padres scare you, then every NL start will be scary outside Miami

Pretty much.  I could understand wondering where he fits in their rotation since they skipped him (he would have pitched yesterday with a 5-man rotation) and they have 6 starters right now.  I don't see them sending him down or anything, so I guess they just have to decide if they are going with a 6-man rotation or not.

The Mets and Padres don't scare me though. The Dodgers?  Sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 3:51 PM, wahoos1 said:

Where does Gallen fit in ROS? SP 4 or 5? Streamer? He has looked good in his limited games.

 

bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pjoner said:

 

bump

Too early to tell.  Rookie pitchers have been extremely volatile so far and I think you just need to wait and see how he does the next few starts before being able to judge ROS value. Could be anywhere from SP3 to sent back to minors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, herschel said:

Too early to tell.  Rookie pitchers have been extremely volatile so far and I think you just need to wait and see how he does the next few starts before being able to judge ROS value. Could be anywhere from SP3 to sent back to minors.

Not that it matters, because the outcome will always be “just have to wait and see.” But there’s no reason his  ceiling isn’t higher than  Sp3.  Low end sp1 or back to the minors in a bell curve I’d say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

Not that it matters, because the outcome will always be “just have to wait and see.” But there’s no reason his  ceiling isn’t higher than  Sp3.  Low end sp1 or back to the minors in a bell curve I’d say.

are you talking fantasy or mlb?  if fantasy, low end sp1 is who?  stras/berrios/ryu tier?  seems a little optimistic for this season.  if for mlb you mean top 30 in fantasy, then i think we are saying the same thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, herschel said:

are you talking fantasy or mlb?  if fantasy, low end sp1 is who?  stras/berrios/ryu tier?  seems a little optimistic for this season.  if for mlb you mean top 30 in fantasy, then i think we are saying the same thing.

Stras/ Berios tier is unlikely, but certainly possible.  Bueller, flaherty, Luis Castillo and Thor are guys off the tops of my head that had sp1 (top 15 type numbers) second halves as rookies.  No reason to think It’s impossible for that to happen.  That’s not saying I think it will. In fact, I doubt it will.  I agree with your statement, just stretching it a little bit. 

 

My best guess is a 3.45 era that’s ruined by an awful bullpen, 4 wins, a great 10 k/9 type thing and a helpful .whip.  Those are well above average numbers.  If he does better, that’s a difference maker. Then again, he could get sent down.

to summarize: he could fit in anywhere between sherzer and Matt Harvey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we even certain that Gallen will stick in the rotation? Yamamoto has been better and Lopez is due back soon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Are we even certain that Gallen will stick in the rotation? Yamamoto has been better and Lopez is due back soon...

no.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Are we even certain that Gallen will stick in the rotation? Yamamoto has been better and Lopez is due back soon...

No... but there’s a lot of young arms and a lot of innings to restrict.  Some possibilities include a 6 man, a dodgers type phantom dL carousel...and of course, getting sent down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.