Trench Mob

Ja Morant 2019-2020 Outlook

With Conley traded hes easily the no.2 rookie pick after Zion, Grizz gonna give him the keys

• Like 2

Don't think he's gonna hurt you in any category except turnovers. 3PT shot keeps improving, kid is going to be a STUD and wouldn't shocked to see him higher than Zion rookie year. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Don't think he's gonna hurt you in any category except turnovers. 3PT shot keeps improving, kid is going to be a STUD and wouldn't shocked to see him higher than Zion rookie year. 

TO's and FG% (we'll see if he improves the jumper) but the rest should be nice, still taking Zion over him tho without a doubt

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

What are everyone's thoughts on him in dynasty leagues? Have Pick 2 in my rookie draft and am debating whether to take him or trade away the pick.

1 hour ago, shadowmoses said:

What are everyone's thoughts on him in dynasty leagues? Have Pick 2 in my rookie draft and am debating whether to take him or trade away the pick.

I reckon he's legit. Would have been a number one pick in most drafts. But depends what you can get in return

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2019 at 9:36 AM, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Screen-shot-2014-06-30-at-9.45.06-AM-604

Edited by Stefan

How will Ja fair in his rookie year? Will he have a rookie year like Trae Youngs last year?

1 hour ago, Dirtbag said:

How will Ja fair in his rookie year? Will he have a rookie year like Trae Youngs last year?

I think Ja will have all the opportunity in the world so in that sense he certainly can. However, i do not have a mystery ball that holds all knowledge of the future so i don't know if he's going to have a rookie year like Trae. 

2 hours ago, Dirtbag said:

I think them signing Tyus Jones puts a dent on his value. I hope I'm wrong though. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Where are you guys with the Grizzlies in terms of resting guys towards the end of the season? Not too familiar with them but I just remember getting f*ed over by Mike Conley 2 seasons ago, I would never trust the Grizzlies again. This could be a question in general about the Grizz.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by MysticPeak

Tyus is solid but passive, great back up. Ja has a lot of opportunity to produce.. but I would rather wait till after his rookie season before I commit / comment.

Though If I can get Ja past the 90s, then why not? Likely better than going for a Tyler Johnson, Exum or Fultz IMO

Edited by Mikhov

13 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Where are you guys with the Grizzlies in terms of resting guys towards the end of the season? Not too familiar with them but I just remember getting f*ed over by Mike Conley 2 seasons ago, I would never trust the Grizzlies again. This could be a question in general about the Grizz.

Thank you in advance.

No Gasol there, no Conley... Hard to find a guy who would be a shutdown/rest candidate unless you plan to rely heavily on Iguodala :-)  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, apatas said:

Is 6th round too low for him? Just ask.

He might be gone by the time it gets back to you in the 7th round. Guys in my draft who didn’t draft a top 30 point guard went nuts with the guards in the 4th-6th (or even 7th-ish) rounds. Roto.

I'm a bit hyped now that I have him. Can we be looking at top-60 numbers by ROS?

Isn't 15PPG 4 RPG 8.5 APG something achievable with a couple of 3's and sprinkle of steals?

19 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

I'm a bit hyped now that I have him. Can we be looking at top-60 numbers by ROS?

Isn't 15PPG 4 RPG 8.5 APG something achievable with a couple of 3's and sprinkle of steals?

I'd say more like a sprinkle of 3's and very good steal numbers. 8.5 assists is also probably a tad high for a rookie. I'm thinking more 15/4/7.5ish with 1.2 threes and 1.5 steals a game.

Struggling mightily to find confidence in where he'll go in my draft. Could see him in early 40s to late 70s. Hard to draft this guy in the right round, but would love to land him.

I'm pretty high on this kid as a source of mid-round AST and STL volume in my H2H 14 team categories league. I'll likely be punting FT% and TO

Hoping to get him in either the 5th at 65 or 6th at 76, I have a feeling he's gonna pile up some gaudy PG counting stats on low efficiency 

5 hours ago, rando said:

Struggling mightily to find confidence in where he'll go in my draft. Could see him in early 40s to late 70s. Hard to draft this guy in the right round, but would love to land him.

I’ve ran something like 70+ mock drafts so far. Ja is one of those guys who isn’t going in the same 5+- like the guys near his ADP. I’m thinking I may have to reach for him a round ahead if I want to ensure I take him. My issue is the number of pgs I’m likely taking by the time ja comes around.

the lack of hype on this guy is pretty sad.His assists will be elite and his ft will be great despite his preseason stats. And i think he wont hurt you in fg either and will shoot some 3s/steals

He didn't hit much 3s during the pre season and FT% very low. I think the FT% should be ok. The lack of 3s worry me a bit, but if you can get him in Rd 5 or Rd 6 it should be fine.