Trench Mob

Ja Morant 2019-2020 Outlook

28/4/7/1/1 w/ 1 triple on 63%//75% 

Blocked Kyrie's game-winning shot, AND IT'S GOING TO OVERTIME, BOYS.

"I know a killer when I see one." -Arya Stark

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2019 at 2:14 PM, Fantasyscrub said:

Kinda stinking it up no?  220 something rank, thinking of dropping him for white 

Username makes perfect sense

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

They are slowly building him instead of running him into the dirt. I like the minutes control. It will increase as year goes on . 

• Like 1

My god.. 

He's doing some incredible stuff this game.. I don't own him but the guy is so talented. He just had a dunk attempt that would've gone down as one of the greatest posters in NBA history if he made it, he almost injured himself really badly on the attempt.

that put back over PJ was filthy

not a lot of point guards can do that

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Damn that could've been really bad, like Shaun Livingston bad

yeah that's what I said to my friend, that was a near career ending injury, it ended up being super lucky.. that also could've gone down as one of the greatest poster dunks ever.. if he fell backwards with his full moment he would've put all his weight back and basically ripped his knee apart from the momentum, but because he softly fell to the side he actually avoided damaging his knee, it was insanely lucky.

I watched most of this game (as bad as it was on both sides), Morant has impeccable control of the ball, he runs down court at full speed doing and1 style jason williams fakes, I was in awe watching him. The guy is going to be a star. I've never actually seen him "live" until this game.. very impressive. 

Edited by Lifschitz

I believe he's going to have an explosive run at some point this season that will make people reach for him in the early mid-rounds next season. Book it. 

he may go first round in a couple years. the talent and the athleticism/speed is undeniable. i think he could be a john wall comp with hopefully a better jump shot.

I'm very risk-adverse almost to a fault and I play redraft, so I virtually never draft rookies until later rounds, but after watching this guys film I decided to reach for him in the 5th (65 overall) and I'm thrilled. He reminds me of a more controlled and better paced Westy with MUCH better shot selection

Is his .534 FG% sustainable? Probably not, but he's always gonna be an efficient shooter because with his athleticism/handles/BBIQ he can simply get to the basket at will and is a great finisher

Really wish I was in a dynasty league right now lol

• Like 1

Him nearly breaking his back in half and then getting back up totally fine 3 seconds later likely speaks for his durability. Like a stretchy spring board, might get 80 games out of him. His confidence is off the charts and I love it. Lack of minutes are annoying but they should increase throughout the season. If he was getting 35 mins...dear God... maybe down the road. Turnovers are crushing his value but they should lower a little in time. Love that fg%! Besides TO he is looking like ROTY if his minutes increase 2nd half. 

Although I still think Zion easily takes ROTY if he stays healthy and comes back within the initial 6-8 week absence. 

2 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Him nearly breaking his back in half and then getting back up totally fine 3 seconds later likely speaks for his durability. Like a stretchy spring board, might get 80 games out of him. His confidence is off the charts and I love it. Lack of minutes are annoying but they should increase throughout the season. If he was getting 35 mins...dear God... maybe down the road. Turnovers are crushing his value but they should lower a little in time. Love that fg%! Besides TO he is looking like ROTY if his minutes increase 2nd half. 

Although I still think Zion easily takes ROTY if he stays healthy and comes back within the initial 6-8 week absence. 

He gets a lot of turnovers from unnecessarily fancy passes. It should go down a lot as his teammates get used to it. 

• Like 1

kinda underwhlemd by the assists tbh, was expecting around 8 but maybe over the year it improves and minutes.

33 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

kinda underwhlemd by the assists tbh, was expecting around 8 but maybe over the year it improves and minutes.

His TOs are an outlier-level high 4.3 right now. I think that settles down and eventually moves closer to 2.5, which would mean almost 2 extra offensive possessions with the ball in his hands, which hopefully translates to an extra AST simply just from cutting down on his TOs. Couple that with the likelihood that Memphis settles into a semi-coherent rotation at some point and Ja becomes more acclimated to who he's passing to, and I would like to think that he breaks the 7.0 AST/gm threshold by fantasy playoffs. At least that's what I'm hoping happens lol