Trench Mob

Ja Morant 2019-2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, rage2021 said:

kinda underwhlemd by the assists tbh, was expecting around 8 but maybe over the year it improves and minutes.

doesn't help that JJJ has been complete buttcheeks this season

5 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

🤢🤢🤢

Just put yourself out of your misery already and drop him then

5 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Out to due to rest per RotoGrinders 

Who the hell rests rookies who already are capped at 28 mins/game? Ridiculous.

Just now, wallacesnoop said:

The NBA is out of control.

3 minutes ago, wallacesnoop said:

Making it so hard to enjoy fantasy NBA 

Pitiful. NBA is an unwatchable product at this point when even young players with no injury history are being load managed

2 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Pitiful. NBA is an unwatchable product at this point when even young players with no injury history are being load managed

Not sure what constitutes as no injury history but I think he had an injury in college and also performed surgery on his leg before the draft. 

• Like 1

Good idea. Give the kid a day off to rest and clear his head. 

6 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Good idea. Give the kid a day off to rest and clear his head. 

I agree. he looked bad out there yesterday. Probably saw fultz turning it over 3 times and was like "hey, I can do that just as well Mr. #1 pick"

2 hours ago, wallacesnoop said:

I think load managing rookies makes a lot of sense, even if it is frustrating. Most of them are probably playing more games than before and training more intensely. I think that teams should err on the side of caution and keep rookies healthy as they adjust. It just is no fun for us fans and fantasy players.

Edited by tdye
  • Like 1

would love to read an article or some sort decline in performance/stats on b2b (rookies). or something about inj risk/min played. completely understand not burning a guy out (especially on trash teams playing for nothing) but it does give you an appreciation for past stars grinding it out. this isn't a knock on youngheads, as the organization wants to squeeze everything out of their asset. makes sense even though it looks bad. its happeneing across all sports. mlb sp with 100 pitch limit. 2 headed rushing attack in nfl. ect 

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

would love to read an article or some sort decline in performance/stats on b2b (rookies). or something about inj risk/min played. completely understand not burning a guy out (especially on trash teams playing for nothing) but it does give you an appreciation for past stars grinding it out. this isn't a knock on youngheads, as the organization wants to squeeze everything out of their asset. makes sense even though it looks bad. its happeneing across all sports. mlb sp with 100 pitch limit. 2 headed rushing attack in nfl. ect 

This isn't really what you want, but I remember reading this earlier in the year: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27125793/these-kids-ticking-bombs-threat-youth-basketball

It is interesting in how it talks about possible causes for more injuries now, and one thing I suspect from it and other things I have read/heard is that overtraining and early specialization has something to do with it. It isn't much use for fantasy and doesn't have many statistics, but I thought it was interesting. It talks about early specialization in one sport some too.

Also, my comment that rookies are playing more games might not be right compared to what they played on youth teams. But like mentioned here, it doesn't make sense for bad teams to push their rookies to their limit if it risks injury.

Edited by tdye
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tdye said:

I think load managing rookies makes a lot of sense, even if it is frustrating. Most of them are probably playing more games than before and training more intensely. I think that teams should err on the side of caution and keep rookies healthy as they adjust. It just is no fun for us fans and fantasy players.

This.  These guys aren't used to the minutes and the number of games.  The season is a marathon not a sprint.  As fans we may not like it but it is a good strategy for maintaining players physical and mental well being during a long season.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:48 AM, PUNTSQUAD said:

His TOs are an outlier-level high 4.3 right now. I think that settles down and eventually moves closer to 2.5, which would mean almost 2 extra offensive possessions with the ball in his hands, which hopefully translates to an extra AST simply just from cutting down on his TOs. Couple that with the likelihood that Memphis settles into a semi-coherent rotation at some point and Ja becomes more acclimated to who he's passing to, and I would like to think that he breaks the 7.0 AST/gm threshold by fantasy playoffs. At least that's what I'm hoping happens lol

I would also add that his minutes have been around 27. if you just increase his minutes to around 34, that should get him another 1-2 assist a game. So 7-8 assist is very doable come playoffs.

2 hours ago, stickman786 said:

What kind of offers have . you guys gotten for this kid? just curious his value

I traded Ja for Cp3. Everyone says I lost but my team needed 3s steals and ft%. But Ja went dtd about an hour after the trade went through. You can probably get better for him tho

When Trae put up duds and Ja was putting up impressive numbers, I offered him along with Joe Harris—declined.