Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, pdids911 said:

is 15 too high to chose zion in a 12 man, h2h, 9 cat, punt assist? 

No

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pts league 8-15 Beal range too early for Z???

Yea i said it...

Ball don't lie

Edited by dfstout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perfect. Now idiot Gms will reach for this dudeearly

Edited by Code of Hammurabi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

perfect. Now idiot Gms will reach for this dude in my leagues will reach for him early 

The earlier they reach the better for me. I have no plans to draft Zion is first 3 rounds anyway. Now he probably goes round 2. No thanks! If people reach for him, gives me a better chance to draft the guys I want to fall down to me!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great talent but man that Bulls defense looked awful.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a owner of zion a few things are scaring me. 

1. should have non existant 3s this year. His shot form is really bad. I think .4 3s at best.

2. Ft % will be bad. Again his shooting is just really broken. (can be fixed but not this year)

3. And his block potential is lower then advertised. I was in the impression that his blocks/steals will keep his value high even if his 3 is non existent. But I dont really see him going for much blocks at all and with him being shorter then expected at 6'6 i think that trend will continue to regular season.

 

Lets say his avg is at best something like 22/9/3 with 1.7 steals and .7 blocks/.4 3s. Bad ft%. How would this be ranked? top 40?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nir said:

As a owner of zion a few things are scaring me. 

1. should have non existant 3s this year. His shot form is really bad. I think .4 3s at best.

2. Ft % will be bad. Again his shooting is just really broken. (can be fixed but not this year)

3. And his block potential is lower then advertised. I was in the impression that his blocks/steals will keep his value high even if his 3 is non existent. But I dont really see him going for much blocks at all and with him being shorter then expected at 6'6 i think that trend will continue to regular season.

 

Lets say his avg is at best something like 22/9/3 with 1.7 steals and .7 blocks/.4 3s. Bad ft%. How would this be ranked? top 40?

Well said, the dude is amazing and hard to find someone like him. My main issue with him is his INSANE ADP!! In my drafts (re-drafts), he has been picked as early as late round 2, and latest early round 4. With so many safer options available, no chance I am picking him. I would consider him round 5, but I he will never slide down that far.

He will be great for FG% and Points steals, but his FT% is bad, he will not give you 3s too. Hard to see how he can live up to his current ADP.

In dynasty drafts, i have no problems going with Zion in round 2 if you want to roll the dice since people will definitely reach for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, a-rob said:

Well said, the dude is amazing and hard to find someone like him. My main issue with him is his INSANE ADP!! In my drafts (re-drafts), he has been picked as early as late round 2, and latest early round 4. With so many safer options available, no chance I am picking him. I would consider him round 5, but I he will never slide down that far.

He will be great for FG% and Points steals, but his FT% is bad, he will not give you 3s too. Hard to see how he can live up to his current ADP.

In dynasty drafts, i have no problems going with Zion in round 2 if you want to roll the dice since people will definitely reach for him

 

In one of my dynasty drafts he went in the first round. Haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

In one of my dynasty drafts he went in the first round. Haha. 

This is not crazy at all since it is dynasty. Unless you mean he went top5 or something.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

This is not crazy at all since it is dynasty. Unless you mean he went top5 or something.

7th. I still think its a bit far fetched since he hasn't played a NBA game yet. Would rather go for Doncic if I was drafting really young.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

7th. I still think its a bit far fetched since he hasn't played a NBA game yet. Would rather go for Doncic if I was drafting really young.

 

I agree. Especially since he doesn't have a complete skillset yet.

 

I can see the appeal of having a generational talent to build your team with, but I saw the same thing with Ben Simmons being picked in the 1st round because he projected as LeBron-lite, and I don't think that's really panned out as a T12 pick. He's still got plenty of time but not every generational talent becomes AD, especially with holes in their game like FT% and a lack of a jumpshot. 

But to be fair now that I really think on it.. it's tough for me to come up with more than 6 guys under 26 years old I'd rather have than Zion. I'd take AD even though he's 26, then Towns, Giannis, Jokic, probably Embiid, Doncic.. but after that in terms of younger guys I can see taking Zion. You could argue Fox, Ayton, Collins, Booker, Simmons, and DMitch, but I wouldn't say any of them have a higher upside than Zion necessarily. 

So MAYBE if your criteria was picking guys 26 and under to start your team with I can see Zion at 7. But still feels too expensive for me. 

Edited by s-kayos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, s-kayos said:

 

I agree. Especially since he doesn't have a complete skillset yet.

 

I can see the appeal of having a generational talent to build your team with, but I saw the same thing with Ben Simmons being picked in the 1st round because he projected as LeBron-lite, and I don't think that's really panned out as a T12 pick. He's still got plenty of time but not every generational talent becomes AD, especially with holes in their game like FT% and a lack of a jumpshot. 

But to be fair now that I really think on it.. it's tough for me to come up with more than 6 guys under 26 years old I'd rather have than Zion. I'd take AD even though he's 26, then Towns, Giannis, Jokic, probably Embiid, Doncic.. but after that in terms of younger guys I can see taking Zion. You could argue Fox, Ayton, Collins, Booker, Simmons, and DMitch, but I wouldn't say any of them have a higher upside than Zion necessarily. 

So MAYBE if your criteria was picking guys 26 and under to start your team with I can see Zion at 7. But still feels too expensive for me. 

 

You forgot my boy Trey Young !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

You forgot my boy Trey Young !

 

Truth, I missed him. But yeah I'd just throw him on that list with the rest, I can see the argument for Zion over all of those young guys but maybe Trae comes the closest to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Especially in points leagues he will be a stud. Too bad I got the first pick in my 14 Team league, no way he will be still around at the 28/29th pick turn ... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 10th and 15th pick at standard league, but also I have to give up, because it is too early for Zion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

proving me wrong, he is looking good. But ADP still high for my taste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All that talk about his skillset and if this is gonna translate against NBA bigs. He is scoring with ease and the fact that Pelicans play at an extremely high pace can only help. Whoever was high on him i don't think could expect more than he has done in the first 3 "real" games of his career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, apatas said:

I have 10th and 15th pick at standard league, but also I have to give up, because it is too early for Zion.

lol who said that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

lol who said that

I said. It is redraft league, not dynasty.

Edited by apatas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, apatas said:

I said. It is redraft league, not dynasty.

so what? im considering at 15...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, pdids911 said:

is 15 too high to chose zion in a 12 man, h2h, 9 cat, punt assist? cuz im highly considering it

I'm at 16 thinking legitimately thinking about it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.