Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

Zion averaging 29 ppg is lol funny...and basing it off 3 preseason games is even funnier.  There will be highs and lows, some 30 point games, maybe even a 40 point game here and there, and then there will be some 6 point, got in foul trouble games mixed in as well.  Got him 41st in my ultra competitive big money 12 man league, wasn't even planning on drafting him, but he fell so I took a shot.. I'd be happy with 19ppg, 6-8 boards with a 60% fg% and think 1 steal and 1 block a game all should be obtainable (I think the zero blocks so far is a little fluky).  But in my lifetime the most dominant force I can remember coming in and dominating the way Zion is trying to, was Shaq, and he got all the minutes and shots he could handle, and still only averaged 23.  I think it would be hard for Zion to top that, but we'll see. 

Edited by TheChamp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheChamp said:

Please delete this post, meant to edit an error and accidentally posted again.

Edited by TheChamp

Needs to lose weight? The way he plays and shifts his weight must be tough on his knees. I noticed he jumps and contorts his body in weird angles. His knees will take a beating this season at 285 pounds. 

Speculation that this is a torn meniscus which would be a 1-2 month injury 

• Thanks 1

If you're drafting within the next few days, assuming we hear nothing concrete injury-wise, how far are you bumping him down?

1 minute ago, Del Rio said:

If you're drafting within the next few days, assuming we hear nothing concrete injury-wise, how far are you bumping him down?

I have ranked in the 4th, possibly 5th now. Even if this injury is nbd, it shows that he can be injury prone. People were confidently taking him over JJJ- not sure if it's that clear cut anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

got a draft tonight will post

im not touching him. been avoiding inj players like the plague this year. (other than dipo when he fell)

• Like 1

He went 14th in one of my leagues and went for $66 in another one. I was annoyed that I didn't grab him in any if my leagues this year but I might of dodged a bullet...

So around Christmas time if those reports are true. Plus most likely a minutes limit for a couple weeks. 

* Sigh *. This is some bull****.

I was just planning to have some fun and reach for him in the late 2nd/early 3rd in my final upcoming draft...

also, the 'soreness' is in the same knee that he injured in February.

If that knee isn't fully recovered (as a extreme amateur who has had problems with MCL/meniscus injuries they are weird because they feel good until you load them up and then they get sore and swollen) obviously they ain't going to take any risks with him and if I was to GUESS I would say he'll be fine for opening night but don't be surprised to see him miss games to rest throughout the season.

If it’s truly a meniscus injury you have to wonder if they’ll just bench him for the year so he can get acquainted to the nba lifestyle 

6 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

On to more important matters. Does Favors get a big bump here and Hayes possibly entering the rotation?

Yes.  Favors stock has been a roller coaster. But Zion’s preseason was so good, in addition to Favors not getting much time at center, for Favors to plummet.   Now he is  back to top 50.

why are people speculating this is a serious injury? are there any links to back it up. maybe they just want to sit him out because they are playing for nothing

5 minutes ago, a-rob said:

why are people speculating this is a serious injury? are there any links to back it up. maybe they just want to sit him out because they are playing for nothing

• Like 2

ok so this is definitely cause for concern. was just discussing a potential deal for him in a keeper will probably back out. Read several things already before about his body type and weight being a concern medically, put that together with his style of play.