Trench Mob

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, boytoy said:

Could go either way. We’ve seen his adp rise to around 2-early3rd round this past week but before preseason he was going 4-5th round. This injury is a bummer but there are advantages to drafting early as well. I got Thybulle in waivers, he’ll probably be drafted here on out.

Anyway, goodluck Zion owners. Handcuff Melli for now.

For sure man. I would've preferred to have done the draft sooner rather than later. I dont want the guys I want getting exposure in preseason and then start getting mentioned in articles and stuff. Like I feel that if my league did the draft 2 weeks ago, I wouldve gotten Bam for 2 rounds cheaper than what I had to spend

As for Zion, I felt that he was getting way overdrafted even before this injury (points leagues where FG% doesn't matter) . I mean sure he'll get you 20 pts and probably 7-8 boards, but he's done very little this preseason in the form of assists and stocks 

Edited by Dominator83
  • Like 1

I expected him to be on my IR for at least parts of the season.  As long as he's healthy when he's more developed and it's fantasy playoffs time, consider me a happy drafter.  

• Like 2

Hes playing 60-65 games this year I bet. That is probably best case scenario. They are not risking their crown jewel at all...esp on this squad and this year.

Owners (like myself) just better hope he plays most of fantasy playoffs...or bye bye 3rd round pick :(

24 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Anyone thinks Ingram flourishes the most from Zion’s absence?

I was excited with Ingram even with Zion on the roster and now I'm even more excited without....

• Like 1

Who is going to benefit the most from Zions injury? Melli? Jaxson Hayes? Nickeil Walker? Okafor? 

Man, i already had buyers remorse for reaching somewhat in the 2nd rd for him.

Now with the injury, im not feeling good at all about owning him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, whips02 said:

Man, i already had buyers remorse for reaching somewhat in the 2nd rd for him.

Now with the injury, im not feeling good at all about owning him.

Me too man. Regret taking him in the 2nd round... I’m thinking about shipping him away for Zack Lavine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starvela said:

I was excited with Ingram even with Zion on the roster and now I'm even more excited without....

but why the league I’m in started busting my chops for drafting Ingram yesterday.

Edited by The_Real_Deal

4 hours ago, boytoy said:

Could go either way. We’ve seen his adp rise to around 2-early3rd round this past week but before preseason he was going 4-5th round. This injury is a bummer but there are advantages to drafting early as well. I got Thybulle in waivers, he’ll probably be drafted here on out.

Anyway, goodluck Zion owners. Handcuff Melli for now.

Just to elaborate a little on my previous post, in my 10 team points league, guys like Collins, Sabonis, Siakam, Randle, Draymond, were all between late 3rd and early 5th round picks. Even before this new injury development, Zion had no business going before any of those guys 

Edited by Dominator83
  • Haha 1

Announced rotation at least for the today's game is Ingram to the 4 and JJ joining the starting 5

Edited by chaiway

36 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Ugh so I'll essentially be losing a slot in the 3rd round unless Zion gets drafted prior to 37

it’s all good 

I took Paul George beginning of 2. I feel ur pain

• Like 1

Apparently it could be a torn meniscus (note the times in the top tweet):

Edited by v1n5anity

Just now, v1n5anity said:

Apparently it could be a torn meniscus (note the times in the top tweet):

Brutal. 

For those concerned about Zion both short term and long term because of his weight:

Barkley is my favorite player of all time. At one point he was 280. He eventually got it down to 252. He was a freight train at 280 and at 252. He’s 6’4. Even shorter than Zion.

I know it was a different time but Barkley played with so much force in his prime and he was fine for a good decade. Some injuries eventually occurred but Barkley developed a nice post game along the way.

Zion has always reminded me of a young Barkley. Zion is going to be fine.

Edit: I forgot - Charles was actually 300 during his college days.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000

4 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

For those concerned about Zion both short term and long term because of his weight:

Barkley is my favorite player of all time. At one point he was 280. He eventually got it down to 252. He was a freight train at 280 and at 252. He’s 6’4. Even shorter than Zion.

I know it was a different time but Barkley played with so much force in his prime and he was fine for a good decade. Some injuries eventually occurred but Barkley developed a nice post game along the way.

Zion has always reminded me of a young Barkley. Zion is going to be fine.

I agree Zion will be fine. I always thought Barkley was shorter and heavier than his official height and weight..

15 minutes ago, a-rob said:

I don't remember Sir Charles having injury issues to lower body early in his career though. Some people can handle it but most cannot. Not everyone built the same. Just saying for people who are expecting Zion to be the savior of their fantasy teams, you have got to temper your expectations

True everyone is different and early in Charles’ career he didn’t. But Zion having a few knee issues doesn’t then mean he is not going to be able to handle his playing style or weight for the long term. And if he lost weight, that doesn’t mean he cannot still play with force.

He is young. We don’t really know what his body is going to be able to handle ultimately, but for now I don’t think there is any reason to doubt it. As far as we know, his knees aren’t Brandon Roy degenerative. The Pelicans are just being super cautious I would suppose.

I do agree tho for people that have him they should temper expectations.

50 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I agree Zion will be fine. I always thought Barkley was shorter and heavier than his official height and weight..

Yeah he was listed at 6’6, but he is really 6’4. He has admitted that.

And he was always listed at 252 but there were some people that would say he was never 252.

Ok if nobody is going to say this, I will. I was so high on this kid. But he is looking more and more like a Blake Griffin 2.0. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ginocan said:

Ok if nobody is going to say this, I will. I was so high on this kid. But he is looking more and more like a Blake Griffin 2.0. 

A bit early for that homie

7 hours ago, ginocan said:

aight, chill out. Let's wait and see first