Sign in to follow this  
Redsfan34

Players you gave up on too early

Posted (edited)

Nothing worse than dropping a guy, and then see him put together and catch fire a few weeks later.

For me this year it’s Brandon Woodruff, and Scott Kingery (didn’t have an IL spot for him). 

Almost forgot about Jorge Soler too!

Edited by Redsfan34

Mercado, twice

It's ok though, I've gotten La Stella and Cron from other teams who dropped too early

• Confused 1

I had Bell and Soroka as late round picks in my keeper league but dropped them early due to other injuries. That still hurts to say that. 

• Sad 3

Posted (edited)

Had Cron - Soler - Kepler - Laureano - Woodruff at one point, dropped all of them either due to having other breakouts (Dozier yandy chavis franmil) or they were on a super long cold streak, also owned Montas but dropped him too......sigh

gotta love it

oh and closer wise i guess Robles who i dropped as well

hey still in 2nd place looking good, cant keep all the guys you like i guess hah

Edited by kmoore1521

Hunter Renfroe. Dropped him when he was hitting .220 and playing three times a week. Also had Ketel Marte on my roster at one very early point but dropped him for something that seemed shinier at the moment.

• Like 1

Devers.  After last season and a lackluster start to the year, I dropped him in favor of Andrus (this league is NL only with limited AL spots on your roster).  Andrus hasn't been terrible, but Devers has been doing much better once he picked it up. 

David "China" Dahl. When he got hurt again early in April I traded him for Jessie Winker who was  leaded off for the Reds and some what hitting .. I don;t think I got the better end of this deal now. I should have just put him on IL and waited for him to come back.

Dropped Matt Carpenter in early June last year. Probably cost me a championship.

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

I had Bell and Soroka as late round picks in my keeper league but dropped them early due to other injuries. That still hurts to say that. 

I think you “win” that’s tough. 

• Thanks 1

I dropped Woodruff in a roster crunch right when Eickoff was pitching great.  Yeah that worked out well...

I had Mitch Garver but dropped him early when he played a game a week.  Oh well.

Drafted Josh bell with last pick in draft. Dropped him immediately... F--k me. 

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Hunter Renfroe. Dropped him when he was hitting .220 and playing three times a week. 

I did the same back in late April

• Like 2

I drafted Marte with my 23rd pick and kept him for a little over a month before dropping him to make room for a DL activation. Clearly that was the wrong move. 

5 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I drafted Marte with my 23rd pick and kept him for a little over a month before dropping him to make room for a DL activation. Clearly that was the wrong move. 

Yup, same. Marte is my worst drop.

8 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Drafted Josh bell with last pick in draft. Dropped him immediately... F--k me. 

Same here! And I could've drafted yelich. Already own bellinger I could've had 1-2-3 hitters in my league settings ughhhhhh

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Caelum said:

Hunter Renfroe. Dropped him when he was hitting .220 and playing three times a week. Also had Ketel Marte on my roster at one very early point but dropped him for something that seemed shinier at the moment.

Seconded on renfroe 

Edited by kidtwentytwo

Posted (edited)

Kepler is the one that comes to mind.

I've picked up Montas, Franmil & Vogelbach though.  Seems like Voges was dropped 3 or 4 times before I grabbed and held.

Edited by 89Topps