Sign in to follow this  
Redsfan34

Players you gave up on too early

Miguel Cabrera and Robinson Cano.

Wait, I thought this was the “Players you held onto way too @$&%ing long” thread. 😐

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Hunter Renfroe for me too.  Damn you, SD, messing with his playing time when I really needed a full time everyday player.

I dropped both Lauriano and Lourdes Jr in a few leagues for roster space though I still fortunately own them in  others.  But I own no shares of Hunter.  Sniff.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Mercado/Eloy/Kingery

Edited by TTRA1N

Soroka, had too many IL and I thought Luzardo (1 NA spot) would be back by Memorial Day per the reports around the time I made my decision. 

Also dropped Hill after his 3rd start and he’s been lights out since 

• Like 1

Franmil Reyes.  Really liked him but picked up Winker when he was hot due to keeper price ($1 Winker; $12 Reyes) and figured Reyes would still be available later.  He was picked up never to be dropped again.

Just now, ty5592 said:

Also dropped Hill after his 3rd start and he’s been lights out since 

Oooh.   Did this too and almost forgot about it.  Which was particularly painful since I held him the entire time he was out.

Yordan Alvarez. I was stashing him for most of the season but injuries required me to need the space so I dropped him for Jay Bruce when he was traded to Philly.   Bruce won me a week with his production but I was tired of waiting for when/if Alvarez was gonna be called up. I was banking on a late call up and the second I saw the news, he was snatched immediately in league. Coulda used those HRs 😕 

My most regrettable drop was my first season ever playing fantasy baseball. I grabbed Mike Trout before he was called up. He sucked during his first cup of coffee and I let him go cuz my team was terrible and I was constantly making moves.  Little did I know what he would become. Fml   Luckily it was redraft and I randomly got to pick first the next two seasons and best believe I didn’t let him go again. Lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Yordan Alvarez. I was stashing him for most of the season but injuries required me to need the space so I dropped him for Jay Bruce when he was traded to Philly.   Bruce won me a week with his production but I was tired of waiting for when/if Alvarez was gonna be called up. I was banking on a late call up and the second I saw the news, he was snatched immediately in league. Coulda used those HRs 😕 

My most regrettable drop was my first season ever playing fantasy baseball. I grabbed Mike Trout before he was called up. He sucked during his first cup of coffee and I let him go cuz my team was terrible and I was constantly making moves.  Little did I know what he would become. Fml   Luckily it was redraft and I randomly got to pick first the next two seasons and best believe I didn’t let him go again. Lol

I feel your pain. I had the chance to draft Trout in a keeper format but took Hosmer instead. They were the #2 & 3 prospects at the time. I figured the power/speed guys miss a lot more than the pure hitters do as far as prospect rankings. Hosmer did well when he was called up and Trout sucked so it seemed like the right move after the first season. We all know how that turned out. 

• Haha 1

dropped soroka early.  i also sold low on bryant and that didnt really work out too well for me....

Keeper league with 2 keeper slots reserved specifically for prospects. I decided not to keep Yordan. And of course someone else drafted him

Luckily Alonso is working out, and Eloy has been better lately, but man... getting nothing at all for Alvarez really burns

1 hour ago, tekashi26ix said:

Cavan Biggio

didn't miss much but a few HRs.….as of now.

• Like 1

Devers is one. the average was good but the HRs were not coming early on.

Add some more to the Ketel

Regretting dropping Kepler as well.

Also regret not keeping Cody Bellinger.

• Sad 1

This year...

- Sold Soroka in a keeper. Packaged to get Machado, so still happy but I assumed he would falter and the innings would be an issue this year. 

- Laureano. Starting to play better and I dropped during his struggles. 

A number of years ago in a dynasty league, when Verlander had his really bad stretch, I gave up and sent for Wil Myers. It worked that year, but since then it clearly hasn't worked. 

• Sad 1

The one I regret in my dynasty league was a few years ago. Gave up Khris Davis for wacha. Davis was in a dry spell and didn’t think he was legit. Thanks Davis 

I'm shocked that no one said chris sale.  I remember the first month of the season he was done.

I dropped polonco 3 times this season and well I really need a SS now....

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Jose Leclerc.

No?

Keeper league (can keep 8)...

I figured w/ E diaz & Yates on the cheap, Id just corner the saves market w/ another strike out master and kept J. LeClerc over...

A. Rendon & Ohtani... 🤷🏼‍♂️🤫😥

Google Jose LeClerc and you will find a picture if a strikingly similar guy bagging groceries in France. No joke!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

On the other hand, sometimes you get an even better guy when it all evens out by years end. 

The year Justin Morneau went bonkers, it was 15/16’ths post ASB. Id had enough, and rage dropped him for whoever right as I left the house for a 4 day camping trip. This was when the internet wasn’t crazy fast, and connections would be bad from time to time. Anywho, I get a news paper (remember those?) on my way back to civilization and see that he had hit like 83 HR’s, driven in 314... in the previous 4 days! Im like mother F@&)@R!!!

Get home and turn on computer, the screen says “something went wrong w/ transaction, would you like to try again?”  I veeeeeeeeery carefully hit no, and since he was like $4, I kept him on the cheap for another 4-5 years durring his prime stretch! Thank you s---y internet, I owe ya one! 👍

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7