Sign in to follow this  
Redsfan34

Players you gave up on too early

Trevor Story’s elbow was barking last year. Scared me. I thought Nolan would leave Colorado and sign with the Yankees.

So...I sold Trevor for Goldschmidt in a keep forever dynasty this last off season. I hate myself everyday for it.

• Sad 2

JRam two years ago, dropped him after his slow start.  Then the breakout happened.  Then drafted him this year 😂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Comparing this to the Old Yeller thread, I think we should all consider taking more chances with dropping guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

Comparing this to the Old Yeller thread, I think we should all consider taking more chances with dropping guys. 

This.

The deeper the league the shorter the wait to drop should be.  Wait too long and there will not be anything to pick up.  Sure there will be goofs.  But most of the time dropping sooner than later is the best strategy.

Posted (edited)

Scott Kingery - Picked him up back in 2017 as a minor league stash. Dropped him mid way in 2018 because bench space and he sucked. Picked him up again this year and dropped him when he went on the IL. Wasnt able to pick him back up; someone with a higher waiver grabbed him.

George Springer - Keeper for years. March this year, league mate kept trying to pry Vlad Jr from me; I wouldnt budge. Finally he offered Manny Machado for my Springer and Bo Bichette. Didnt like the trade but accepted for some strange reason I wont ever be able to explain. Actually, I figured Springer at age 29 was going on the decline soon.

Edited by Gryfter

I dropped Winker three days ago and he's already been scooped up just as he begins to get hot and I regret it completely

I'd say probably Hansel Robles.  I kept Blake Parker over him like an idiot.

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2019 at 11:48 PM, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Looks like I'm with a lot of you.

Ketel Marte and Max Kepler. Makes me feel better at least. 

Ditto. I was high on them all off season only to have a short lease when I owned them. 

Trey Mancini.  I forget how many leagues over the last couple of years I'd pick up and drop and pick up again him.  But now no one is dropping him any more.  I wouldn't either but too late to appreciate him now, sniff.

• Sad 1

Josh Bell in a dynasty league at beginning of last season.  No power and very few counting stats

• Sad 1

Eduardo Escobar, dj lemahieu

both dropped for guys that are no longer on my team. would be running away with my league with those guys right now too. thats show bizz baby

Dropped Ian Kennedy.

Figured the Royals would seldom win .. and he was good for a blow up or two while getting empty innings of work.

I stream pitchers like crazy, so the big one would've been Frankie Montas, but here we are lol

I play in a dynasty league. Drafted Adalberto Mondesi in our rookie draft in 2013. Rostered him for 4 years, then dropped him when it looked like he was going to be a big bust that couldn't hit. OUCH

• Sad 1

I’m having a bit of a reverse thing going on this year where I don’t give up on players soon enough.  That’s a product of having given up on Soto and bellinger in keeper leagues in previous years though.  

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 7:19 PM, Denbo32 said:

I'm shocked that no one said chris sale.  I remember the first month of the season he was done.

I dropped polonco 3 times this season and well I really need a SS now....

I doubt Sale ever got dropped, though. And he probably wasn’t traded much because his owners would have recieved pennies on the dollar.

Giolito early on in a 10 teamer.I was streaming a lot and he hadnt shown anything special yet to warrant being a fixture.

It will always be Bregman for me.  Horrific start,  i held on for what seemed like forever.  Think he went like 1/49. Dropped him.  Never have seen him again in that league

• Sad 1

I dropped Ryu when he went on the IL earlier this season because I needed the roster spot. I planned on picking him back up but someone beat me to him. I’m an idiot.

Brandon Woodruff, streamed him in the first week and cut him, the shame

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Daniel Vogelbach.  I was convinced he was better suited as an NFL guard than a hitter in Major League Baseball.  Big boy can slug.  He definitely showed why you don’t give up on guys so soon.  Sometimes takes reps to figure it all out.  

Edited by Cmilne23