Sign in to follow this  
Redsfan34

Players you gave up on too early

I didn't keep Joc Pederson this year  because he was a platoon player. I spent that money to draft Archie Bradley, hoping for a resurgence and some holds/saves, then Joc was drafted by another owner. He would have fit in nicely with my Bell and Bellinger

LaStella and Renfroe

LaStella is whatever, little mad about Renfroe since I drafted him, but he wasn't playing everyday the first couple weeks.

Shallow bench 12 team league - Ketel, Woodruff, Robles, Franmil & Moose.... sigh

Ketel was the one that hurt the most. I didn't draft him, he was dropped and I claimed but I dropped him to chase shiny new things.  

I quit giving up on players too early, it used to hurt me badly every other year or so. Fortunately all my slow starts were from end game draft picks or studs, so waiting was easy. Learn the lesson everyone, in a good deepish league, giving up means giving them away, most of the time. Tough lesson to remember!

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:44 PM, LarryChip10 said:

On the other hand, sometimes you get an even better guy when it all evens out by years end. 

The year Justin Morneau went bonkers, it was 15/16’ths post ASB. Id had enough, and rage dropped him for whoever right as I left the house for a 4 day camping trip. This was when the internet wasn’t crazy fast, and connections would be bad from time to time. Anywho, I get a news paper (remember those?) on my way back to civilization and see that he had hit like 83 HR’s, driven in 314... in the previous 4 days! Im like mother F@&)@R!!!

Get home and turn on computer, the screen says “something went wrong w/ transaction, would you like to try again?”  I veeeeeeeeery carefully hit no, and since he was like $4, I kept him on the cheap for another 4-5 years durring his prime stretch! Thank you s---y internet, I owe ya one! 👍

During my draft this year, the internet glitched right as I was moving Scooter Gennett ahead of Gary Sanchez on my queue.  By the time I got back on, I had autodrafted my catcher. 😁

• Like 1

I've picked up Hunter Renfroe when he's hot and dropped him when he's not for the last three seasons.  If he were playing in Coors Field every day, he'd be #1 in the league.

Don't beat yourselves up though.  Nothing remains the same in baseball.  Two years ago in a dynasty I dropped Blake Snell because he sucked at the time.  Then I watched him last year win the Cy Young as I banged my head against the wall.  Now I'm feeling good again.  Next year my head may meet my wall again.  What a game.

• Like 1

Laureano has really been the only one for me, but no huge loss. I've made the most of other owners mistake (Eloy & Puig).

Now if I could only bring myself to move on from Buster (2 catcher league) ....

Traded Bauer for Betts about 2 months ago.  Not a horrible trade but Bauer now looking like the ace we expected.  I sure could use the help given that my 1 and 2 are Sale and Snell.  Just awful.

Lourdes Gurriel Jr. - Had him as a keeper coming into this season. After he got sent down to the minors, dropped him because figured Galvis at SS, Sogard/Biggio at 2B with Bo Bichette coming up. Also had Tommy La Stella, Brandon Lowe and Kike Hernandez for 2B. 

Lourdes Gurriel Jr. comes up as an OFer...who knew.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Lourdes Gurriel Jr. - Had him as a keeper coming into this season. After he got sent down to the minors, dropped him because figured Galvis at SS, Sogard/Biggio at 2B with Bo Bichette coming up. Also had Tommy La Stella, Brandon Lowe and Kike Hernandez for 2B. 

Lourdes Gurriel Jr. comes up as an OFer...who knew.

ditto ... dang it!

• Sad 1