Sign in to follow this  
The 7th Beatles

Adbert Alzolay 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

If he keeps this form up can he take a rotation spot from a washed up Darvish?

No.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ace_King said:

No about a 126 million reasons he wont

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ace_King said:

20 mil a year for 4 years AFTER this one. Sadly,  Darvishes leash can probably reach the moon.

edit: just saw that darvish has pitched 80 innings and has 2 wins!

Edited by Cesare13

9 hours ago, Ace_King said:

It's been 4 innings

• Like 1

FYI:

Alzolay will start Tuesday's game against the Braves, Sahadev Sharma of The Athletic reports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

20 mil a year for 4 years AFTER this one. Sadly,  Darvishes leash can probably reach the moon.

edit: just saw that darvish has pitched 80 innings and has 2 wins!

One shy of Sale in his 95.1!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, FritzLn said:

It's been 4 innings

Hence the "if"...in fantasy you don't have the luxury of waiting for 100 innings for a low cost, high reward acquisition like this.

Edited by Ace_King
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

FYI:

Alzolay will start Tuesday's game against the Braves, Sahadev Sharma of The Athletic reports.

Love Alzolay, but I don't trust anyone going up against Red Hotlanta right now. 

Is it me or does he have a little CMart look to him.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, Ace_King said:

sadly no. when you eat a big contract you must play the player.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:06 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

FYI:

how confident are we in him going more than 4 inning if he is not in trouble?

7 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

I'd be confident he can go at least 5-6.

• Like 1

The thing is if the Cubs consider themselves a WS contender they need to field the best 5 SP they have. It's entirely possible Alzolay isn't one of those but on the off chance he emerges as this year's version of Walker Buehler or Jack Flaherty they would have to consider the possibility. Of course, this is an unlikely scenario and even if he plays well teams often do dumb things when it comes to young players but if you are in a deep league Alzolay is worth the lottery ticket via performance or injury (Darvish has not been the model of health during his career).

Adbert Alzolay, Cubs (P)

You may have heard the name before, because it definitely sticks with you. And you may know he's been labeled as one of the Cubs top prospects (#4 on MLB Pipeline). He is finally getting the call to the bigs, and I only say finally because he is already 24 years old. To say Adbert Alzolay is not good would simply not be true. To say he would be the top prospect in other organizations would be a flat out lie. Alzolay is the best of a bad system is essentially what it comes down to. He is an older prospect just now cracking through the minors, but that can be mainly attributed to his poor health to this point. He is a bit undersized at 6'0"/180, and has a lot of people thinking his future will play better in the bullpen, despite Chicago's efforts to develop him as a starter. When he's on, he is damn good, often showing un-hittable stuff. But he is not consistent enough. He features a Fastball/Curveball combo, and needs a more reliable third option. Some of that has to do with the gaps in play due to health, and some is just his own pitch ability. In 32.0 Triple-A innings this year he has had a dramatic spike in his strikeout numbers, hitting double digits for the first time in his career. Not only are his K's up to 12.9 per 9, but his BB's are near a career low 1.7/9. It's enough to hope on the upside, but I wouldn't place a premium on obtaining Alzolay, especially not in a week that features Gallen and Allen. Being in the Chicago market, more specifically the Cubs, may boost his mentions, but before you start thinking you have to replace starters who have been helping you, realize you don't. 

• Like 2

AA is getting the start tonight at home against Atlanta.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:41 PM, mlb2019 said:

If we make the qualifier for "not in trouble" a start in which he gave up 3 ER or less, these are the number of times his starts went at least 5 innings:

2019: 5/5 
2018: 2/5
2017: 17/20
2016: 14/14

Keep in mind that a Lat injury in 2018 likely contributed to the shorter outings.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

o/u for tonights game is 12. hate to see that when i have a horse in the race. anyone starting?

Think I'm gonna roll the dice. Greinke already killed my ERA last night so why not. He looked real good in limited innings last week

32 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

o/u for tonights game is 12. hate to see that when i have a horse in the race. anyone starting?

Yea. He'll give up a couple bombs. Hopefully they're solo shots 😧

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I am but the two leagues I have him are a points league and a very deep roto league. I wouldn't roll him out in a 10 team or 12 team roto league.

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I am in one league that has a 40 inning weekly pitching limit. Otherwise, I would sit him. 

Posted (edited)

How did he look tonight? I only caught the fifth inning and he was awful, but that likely was due to him being gassed by then. How was he in the first four innings?

Edited by Ace_King

5 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

How did he look tonight? I only caught the fifth inning and he was awful, but that likely was due to him being gassed by then. How was he in the first four innings?

To be fair he got squeezed bad on the Fried at bat, but yeah he was definitely tired.

• Thanks 1