2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Greene for Anderson please and thank you! 

• Haha 3

If the Giants were smart they'd trade Will Smith for Anderson to bolster their SP.  Might help potentially losing MadBum on the back end.

Please please please please please have a great start tomorrow Jordan Lyles. Probably Pittsburgh's best shot at a trade chip with any decent value. Dickerson and Melky aren't going to move mountains.

43 minutes ago, LoGo said:

Please please please please please have a great start tomorrow Jordan Lyles. Probably Pittsburgh's best shot at a trade chip with any decent value. Dickerson and Melky aren't going to move mountains.

Hell Dickerson and Melky aren't going to move out of Pittsburgh let alone mountains.  No one wants those guys.  Pirates are stuck with them just like most teams are stuck with the bats they want to move.  Contenders need arms.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

There is no way the Giants front office believe that they're in contention with that AAA roster. I have to believe their "we might keep Bumgarner" stance is nothing more than an attempt to raise his asking price even just slightly. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Hell Dickerson and Melky aren't going to move out of Pittsburgh let alone mountains.  No one wants those guys.  Pirates are stuck with them just like most teams are stuck with the bats they want to move.  Contenders need arms.

I could see Melky going for a fringe prospect and/or some cash since he's versatile and has experience but that's about it.

Dickerson is a flag pole defensively and can't hit for power against lefties.

1 minute ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I could see Melky going for a fringe prospect and/or some cash since he's versatile and has experience but that's about it.

Dickerson is a flag pole defensively and can't hit for power against lefties.

If Melky was the only bat available, yeah sure.  But there are much better bats being floated than him.  If you are Cleveland do you want Melky or a club controlled Hunter Renfroe say.  Speaking of Hunters, Pence is available.  Yankees are basically throwing Clint Frasier in with any and every deal they offer.  Detroit has been holding meet and greets with Castellanos all year long.

Someone like a Melky would have done better under the old waivers in August system.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Agreed, that's why Lyles needs to shove tomorrow!

45 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

There is no way the Giants front office believe that they're in contention with that AAA roster. I have to believe their "we might keep Bumgarner" stance is nothing more than an attempt to raise his asking price even just slightly. 

Diehard fan here. God I hope the Giants don’t blow their chance at renting Bun out for 6 months. We all know this streak isn’t sustainable. 

• Like 1

Decisions for Giants:

A. Pay this declining vet with a sorry team that's a decade away from competing with Muncy Bellinger and Urias

B. Get nothing

C. Get a pretty good prospect and 2 Rick Vaughn's

It's not like Wheeler, Stroman, Boyd aren't available. Any team not named the Milwaukee Brewers or Philadelphia Phillies should be selling.

12 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Decisions for Giants:

A. Pay this declining vet with a sorry team that's a decade away from competing with Muncy Bellinger and Urias

B. Get nothing

C. Get a pretty good prospect and 2 Rick Vaughn's

It's not like Wheeler, Stroman, Boyd aren't available. Any team not named the Milwaukee Brewers or Philadelphia Phillies should be selling.

**Declining vet - with three rings and a World Series MVP 

5 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

**Declining vet - with three rings and a World Series MVP 

Which is why you move Bum while he still has some sort of fading name value from way back in yesteryear.  Not hold on to him forever for some imaginary one last time run at a ring run.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Which is why you move Bum while he still has some sort of fading name value from way back in yesteryear.  Not hold on to him forever for some imaginary one last time run at a ring run.

I was commenting on the Dodger fan’s nonsense... 

I agree. The Cole Hamels deal to Texas is a good comp. Phillies got 6 players back. Giants need a huge haul. 

Edited by Stickfig13
  • Thanks 1

Would anyone else besides me find it helpful to create a separate thread specifically for completed deadline trades? I'm thinking it would be great to have a separate thread to receive notifications a la the Call-Up Watch Thread in the minor league forums when a trade is actually completed. I'm guessing we'll see a flurry of completed trades at the deadline (and the days before) and it could significantly change the fantasy landscape for a lot of players.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Would anyone else besides me find it helpful to create a separate thread specifically for completed deadline trades? I'm thinking it would be great to have a separate thread to receive notifications a la the Call-Up Watch Thread in the minor league forums when a trade is actually completed. I'm guessing we'll see a flurry of completed trades at the deadline (and the days before) and it could significantly change the fantasy landscape for a lot of players.

Well this thread isn't exactly overflowing.  Why have two threads about this and confuse people especially since it is only about a week to go at this point?

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well this thread isn't exactly overflowing.  Why have two threads about this and confuse people especially since it is only about a week to go at this point?

I'm anticipating this thread will have a lot of posts as it gets closer to the deadline with only a small percentage actually documenting completed trades. I play in first come, first serve waiver leagues and getting a jump on the competition can be quite helpful. It shouldn't be too confusing if mods posted a sticky at the top of the thread.

Unlike minor league promotions, which tend to happen pretty evenly throughout the season, deadline deals tend to flood in at once in the last day or so, often in the last hours.  We just don't have the bandwidth to be policing that kind of fast-moving thread to make sure people only post completed, confirmed deals.  We've never, to my knowledge, maintained a separate thread for this purpose, and I can't really see the case for doing so now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stickfig13 said:

I agree. The Cole Hamels deal to Texas is a good comp. Phillies got 6 players back. Giants need a huge haul. 

for a 2 month rental?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

for a 2 month rental?

How bad does the team want to win? 

Just now, Stickfig13 said:

How bad does the team want to win? 

what did machado fetch?

even tho hes been better lately, this isnt 2014 madbum.  hes not a sure thing in the playoffs

2 hours ago, Stickfig13 said:

The Johnny Cueto trade to the Royals for Reed, Finnegan, and Lamb seems like a better comp to me given that Madbum is just a rental.

Hamels was traded to the Rangers in 2015. He was tied up through 2018 with a team option for 2019, and at the time his contract looked like a good deal for a pitcher of his caliber. The Giants aren't getting a return like that for 2 months of Bumgarner.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LoGo said:

Agreed, that's why Lyles needs to shove tomorrow!

shove it where