2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I don't quite understand it for the Cubs, the rumor has some traction.

2 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I don't quite understand it for the Cubs, the rumor has some traction.

wRC+ against lefties for Schwarber, Heyward, and Almora are 86, 45, and 38 respectively. They need a big right handed bat in that outfield to offset some of that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

what did machado fetch?

even tho hes been better lately, this isnt 2014 madbum.  hes not a sure thing in the playoffs

That’s not how it works. Position players don’t pull the same weight at the deadline as a starting pitcher. 

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

That’s not how it works. Position players don’t pull the same weight at the deadline as a starting pitcher. 

true but 6 players?  how many of those in top 100?

14 minutes ago, meh2 said:

wRC+ against lefties for Schwarber, Heyward, and Almora are 86, 45, and 38 respectively. They need a big right handed bat in that outfield to offset some of that.

yeah that's true. I wonder what the tigers are asking for? 

Think the Giants package Bum and Smith to ensure they get an impact prospect and the other team can justify the cost?

• Like 2

Tigers are doing a good job holding on to Boyd as long as possible to minimize his trade value. 2 ER in 2 IP already today

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Think the Giants package Bum and Smith to ensure they get an impact prospect and the other team can justify the cost?

I think that's the plan with the Tigs packaging Boyd and Greene.  How does Philly feel about Bohm?  Completely untouchable? Detroit needs a big positional prospect out of the eventual Boyd trade. 

Just now, 2ndCitySox said:

Tigers are doing a good job holding on to Boyd as long as possible to minimize his trade value. 2 ER in 2 IP already today

Against a team that is said to be very interested in him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Goatstain3 said:

Related image

Come on, come be delusional with me for a bit, it is great!

7fc.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Nice outing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Nice outing. 🤷🏽‍♂️

he felt my mockery! Nice turnaround.

Cimber with 2 outs on 3 pitches to start the bottom of the 10th. Yet Francona decides to play the lefty matchup with Sogard and brings in Olson. Walk, single, single, game over.

These guys are geniuses. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, meh2 said:

The Johnny Cueto trade to the Royals for Reed, Finnegan, and Lamb seems like a better comp to me given that Madbum is just a rental.

I said Cole because of the similar career

If bum wont get munch because he is a rental. Then I don't see the motivation in moving him given they are hanging around.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

If bum wont get munch because he is a rental. Then I don't see the motivation in moving him given they are hanging around.

Well because something is better than nothing and they aren't going to win any ring this year.  They need to restock their farm and they will get someone(s) of value back for MadBum.

Posted (edited)

David Phelps is pitching good in relief. Boston should pick him up their pen is disgusting

Get both Phelps and Giles

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

3 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

David Phelps is pitching good in relief. Boston should pick him up their pen is disgusting

Get both Phelps and Giles

No thanks.  The way this season is going, 100% chance he turns back into end-of-Houston-Giles

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

I don't think anyone knows what the Giants would get in return for Bum.  Rumors are rumors. Of course, sometimes an offer just blows you away, then you have to ponder hard and very long, on what to do. Selling off everything and sending Bochy into the sunset doesn't seem like the right thing to do, considering what he has meant to the Giants, IMO.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

I don't think anyone knows what the Giants would get in return for Bum.  Rumors are rumors. Of course, sometimes an offer just blows you away, then you have to ponder hard and very long, on what to do. Selling off everything and sending Bochy into the sunset doesn't seem like the right thing to do, considering what he has meant to the Giants, IMO.

If the Giants do NOT sell off because they want Bochy to ride into the sunset with whatever they "think" they can do -- which they can't -- then they are more stupid than the Mets.  Bochy has his rings.  He is fine.  Time to think about the future of the Giants.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well because something is better than nothing and they aren't going to win any ring this year.  They need to restock their farm and they will get someone(s) of value back for MadBum.

Problem is you are talking about a team that has won 3 rings when they didn't have the sexiest of rosters. Don't think they stack up to the likes of the Dodgers/Braves either, but it's not what you think. It's what they think(and you need Bum to waive his limited NTC if the trade is to one of those teams on there)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

If the Giants do NOT sell off because they want Bochy to ride into the sunset with whatever they "think" they can do -- which they can't -- then they are more stupid than the Mets.  Bochy has his rings.  He is fine.  Time to think about the future of the Giants.

Yeah. The Giants are very stupid. I think they know what they are doing. Say what you want, with this team that so many think just isn't very good, have won what, 16 out of the last 20 games? Might not be world champs, but, regardless, it is impressive! I don't know it all -  and I won't claim that I do. I have my opinion. That's all. If you think it is stupid, that's okay with me!

Edited by Z06vette

4 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Yeah. The Giants are very stupid. I think they know what they are doing. Say what you want, with this team that so many think just isn't very good, have won what, 16 out of the last 20 games? Might not be world champs, but, regardless, it is impressive! I don't know it all -  and I won't claim that I do. I have my opinion. That's all. If you think it is stupid, that's okay with me!

They will never beat any top team like Boston - Yankees - Astros - Dodgers ... whats the point ? Winning 1 playoff round ?

Their 3 rings are in the past. Buster Posey is not 25 yrs old anymore

• Like 1