2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Recommended Posts

Eric Sogard scratched 10 minutes before first pitch for the Blue Jays? Trade probably imminent. Still in the dugout, but everyone's on "hug watch".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jasonpark87 said:

Eric Sogard scratched 10 minutes before first pitch for the Blue Jays? Trade probably imminent. Still in the dugout, but everyone's on "hug watch".

 

Yeah, Cubs had been one team I read mentioned. I don't know of any other potential suitors though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to grab Bo Bichette if he’s still available in your league.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Sogard just be a platoon player in Chicago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Time to grab Bo Bichette if he’s still available in your league.

 

For some reason, that didn't even cross my mind. This was a huge slap on the forehead post. Thank you in advance.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nlm said:

 

For some reason, that didn't even cross my mind. This was a huge slap on the forehead post. Thank you in advance.

It’s not a guarantee though. They could roll with Galvis at ss and Biggio at 2b. Bichette has also been in a bit of a slump at AAA. I still think they’ll look to move Galvis as well in the coming days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, meh2 said:

It’s not a guarantee though. They could roll with Galvis at ss and Biggio at 2b. Bichette has also been in a bit of a slump at AAA. I still think they’ll look to move Galvis as well in the coming days.

 

Yeah, good point. But Galvis' value isn't going to get much higher. As a Sogard owner, I simply made the swap. Pretty easy. I do not expect Sogard to be a regular and leading off wherever he lands....

Biggio, Vlad Jr. and Bichette...that's fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite sure I understand the logic of this move for the Rays, unless they are packaging INF to leave in another deal. 

As it is, they have:

Choi (1B)
d'Arnaud (1B and yes C too)
N. Lowe (1B) - can't see him going anywhere
Duffy (3B)
Adames (SS) - not likely going anywhere
Wendle (2B, SS, 3B)
Brosseau (2B, 3B)

Injured:
Yandy Diaz (3B)
B. Lowe (2B) - not going anywhere
D. Robertson

And now add Sogard to the mix?  Someone has got to be on the move, possibly for SP help with recent news about Snell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

Not quite sure I understand the logic of this move for the Rays, unless they are packaging INF to leave in another deal. 

As it is, they have:

Choi (1B)
d'Arnaud (1B and yes C too)
N. Lowe (1B) - can't see him going anywhere
Duffy (3B)
Adames (SS) - not likely going anywhere
Wendle (2B, SS, 3B)
Brosseau (2B, 3B)

Injured:
Yandy Diaz (3B)
B. Lowe (2B) - not going anywhere
D. Robertson

And now add Sogard to the mix?  Someone has got to be on the move, possibly for SP help with recent news about Snell.

 

I can't imagine the Rays would get a quality starter without involving Lowe or Adames. The rest don't carry much value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's going to get a big ab workout in with all of those hugs when he's flipped for a FV 40 high-A prospect.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

”abdominal tightness.”

AKA, "I can't poop coach! The cheese fondu was so good I just couldn't stop eating it!" 

 

Do we think he's being traded? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

He's going to get a big ab workout in with all of those hugs when he's flipped for a FV 40 high-A prospect.

 

You think they'll get that much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, it's a seller's market. A lot of teams are going to want to show their fans they're doing something. Castellanos is something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

”abdominal tightness.”

His plummeting value gives me abdominal tightness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Atlanta might be in on Puig.  Hard to imagine they'll be confident with Duvall out there and with Puig being in a contract year, might be a nice little rental for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SbnEeyKZ5Cwpho-L.mp4?tag=13

I'm sure the scouts in attendance loved this. Looks like he isn't going be traded now after a terrible start and an outburst like that. Not to mention he scared Mike Freeman to death.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.