2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Posted (edited)

I’m really not convinced that BVW has any clue as to what he is doing as a GM.

Edited by meh2
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I don't get it, but it's the Mets so no surprise. 

• Thanks 1

Why would the Brewers trade Mike Moustakas?  What contenders are interested in a bat at third base?

Sogard to the Rays?  Why?  Where is he going to play when Lowe returns?

Weird stuff.

4 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Giminez and Newton didn't play in the minors today...

4 hours ago, meh2 said:

It’s not a guarantee though. They could roll with Galvis at ss and Biggio at 2b. Bichette has also been in a bit of a slump at AAA. I still think they’ll look to move Galvis as well in the coming days.

THU, JUL 18, 9:58 AMROTOWIRE.COM

Bichette went 2-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI for Triple-A Buffalo on Wednesday.

Spin: It's the first two-homer game of the 21-year-old's career, but he's been on fire ever since he returned to action in early June from a broken left hand, slashing .353/.419/.583 through his last 35 games with six home runs, 12 steals, 23 RBI and 27 runs.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Bichette went 2-for-4 with two home runs and three RBI for Triple-A Buffalo on Wednesday.

Spin: It's the first two-homer game of the 21-year-old's career, but he's been on fire ever since he returned to action in early June from a broken left hand, slashing .353/.419/.583 through his last 35 games with six home runs, 12 steals, 23 RBI and 27 runs.

Just think of the stats when breaks out of this slump..

Edit: I haven't looked at his recent game log (and I'm not going to), but this tweet is like 10 days old. 

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I was referencing this tweet but thanks for burning me with a tweet from 10 days ago.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CounterPunch said:

Probably Kay and the kid they got in the 3rd round but had a 1st round grade. This only makes sense if they move Thor for multiple pieces that can help now 

3 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Probably Kay and the kid they got in the 3rd round but had a 1st round grade. This only makes sense if they move Thor for multiple pieces that can help now 

(JUST MY WISH...), but the Mets should trade Thor/Diaz/Lugo to the Braves!!! In return, the Mets get Ian Anderson, Kolby Allard, Bryce Willson, & Greyson Jenista. 

Mets get three MLB ready arms and a very nice OF prospect! 

51 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I’m really not convinced that BVW has any clue as to what he is doing as a GM.

BVW clearly doesn’t think a team needs a minor league system. Trade them all away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sine_cera said:

BVW clearly doesn’t think a team needs a minor league system. Trade them all away.

don't worry, they still have Mauricio...as a trade chip I mean

1 minute ago, Sine_cera said:

Who needs minor leaguers when you’ve discovered the new market inefficiency- signing and trading for former CAA clients!

• Haha 2

A very Mets-y move by a team that needs a top-down tear down. These clowns do keep me entertained, though.

14 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Who needs minor leaguers when you’ve discovered the new market inefficiency- signing and trading for former CAA clients!

I think you meant “trading with former CAA agents.”

• Like 1

I think this is a great add if they can keep Thor, otherwise it was dumb

they have a really nice group of young hitters, and a trio of Degrom, Stroman and Thor, and perhaps extend Wheeler makes them very solid on paper

There were rumors going around earlier in the week that Syndergaard was going to the Padres and they were going to replace him with Stroman. I thought it was a stupid move then and still think so now. Only in Metland can these type of deals make sense. And now that they've swept the crappy Pirates they probably believe they can win again. 

47-10 baby! SMH!

• Like 1