2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Bauer is a PURE rental. He's a wildcard for sure, but the dude can pitch. Does San D or Cincy either one think they can make a run this year, even with Bauer? I would love a deal to go down (just because I'm bored of this TDL), but I am not seeing this one. 

He is under control for next season as well so its not a rental but yea I see your point. However, I do think the idea of Atlanta being the mystery team instead of San Diego makes sense especially if Puig is involved.

Just now, Baseball Jonze said:

How would this three team deal work - Bauer to Cincy, Cincy prospects to SD and SD sends a now player to Cleveland?  Renfroe or Franmil?

Not sure why San Diego would need more prospects. Their system is freaking studly. 

Seems like an odd mix of teams.  What would SD do with more prospects?  They have the top system in the game as it is.  Unless they plan on using those prospects to net Boyd or Thor?  I've read both Cincy and SD want Bauer. Odd trio.

Just now, dicka24 said:

Seems like an odd mix of teams.  What would SD do with more prospects?  They have the top system in the game as it is.  Unless they plan on using those prospects to net Boyd or Thor?  I've read both Cincy and SD want Bauer. Odd trio.

Maybe San Diego is adding more specs to go after Thor. They have enough anyway, maybe they want more. 

And I'd want more than Renfroe or Reyes for Bauer, even though he isn't controlled. 

Please don't tell me Kirby Yates is going to Cleveland

31 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Check Bauer’s xFIP as well. Point is, everyone thought he “broke out” last season, and he’s reverted. Seems it was a fluke. 

This COULD BE the same for Boyd. But it might be a true breakout. Seems Bauer is a true talent low 4s ERA pitcher, with one fluke season. I admit that we don’t know what Boyd is. But I’d take him this season, and I’d rather take my chances on him moving forward.

Nah. Bauer has not reverted back to pre-2018. He's still a better version, even despite his command being worse then usual too. 

Bauer has been using his best pitch (Curve) less this year for some reason. While Boyd has riding his best pitch(Slider) really hard.

Bauer is just simply more talented, he has a deeper repertoire and lot more room to improve going to any progressive organization. This is pretty much peak Boyd right now. 2 Pitch pitchers can only become so good when the FB isn't elite.

• Like 2

Just now, The 7th Beatles said:

All in all fantastic trade for the Tribe. 2 huge bats....Puig and Franmil.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

News to him, he's still watchin Amir Garrett warm up from the edge of the infield and the right field grass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Is Puig still in the game?

Yep

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

lol he walked back out to RF, coming back to dugout now.

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

Yessir

1 minute ago, Dugout Legend said:

lol he walked back out to RF, coming back to dugout now.

weird, I guess he IS STILL PLAYING

Cin think they're making a run next year?  Interesting deal,  decent haul for Tribe. Their OF isn't a complete joke now. 

I don't get why Cleveland just didn't do the move straight up with Cincy.  Get Puig for now and Trammel for later.  I guess it's a case of SD valuing Trammell's potential  more than the Tribe. 

Puig has been back in the ****ter lately.  Maybe his inclusion was a salary dump?

1 minute ago, Short Porch said:

How can Puig still be playing in the game?  Suppose he gets hurt.  Beyond stupid.

and he's involved in the brawl ( a little bit anyway )

• Like 1