2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

13 minutes ago, CounterPunch said:

Indians getting Franmil Reyes, Puig, and Logan Allen. Decent haul for Bauer.

Hell yeah! The tigers should've gotten that haul for Boyd

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

I’m confused as to why the Padres would give franimal and Allen for trammel 

Because they have enough corner OF depth and Franmil should be a 1B/DH. Trammel has more real baseball upside. I wouldn't be so worried his AA numbers are lackluster. Still really young and toolsy.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dugout Legend said:

and he's involved in the brawl ( a little bit anyway )

well Puig will most likely have a suspension when he lands in Cleveland.

8 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

Because they have enough corner OF depth and Franmil should be a 1B/DH. Trammel has more real baseball upside. I wouldn't be so worried his AA numbers are lackluster. Still really young and toolsy.

young and toolsy was what got the white sox a lot of nothing from many drafts under Kenny Williams. see: Courtney Hawkins 

1 minute ago, 2ndCitySox said:

young and toolsy was what got the white sox a lot of nothing from many drafts under Kenny Williams. see: Courtney Hawkins 

He has pretty good feel for the Strike Zone also? Did the White Sox guys have that?

7 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

They wanted people to refer to it as the Allen (Alan) Trammell trade

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

He has pretty good feel for the Strike Zone also? Did the White Sox guys have that?

no. they did not 😢

13 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Beat me to this.

7 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Most Puigish thing ever?

After seeing the footage, and Garrett's reaction, one can only assume, he is heading to Cleveland also.

• Haha 1

Victor Nova also going to the Indians. Not big names but it looks like they will complete the deal.

• Like 1

MLBTR saying some rookie baller named Victor Nova is reportedly going to the Indians as well.  I feel like the details are going to be corrected a few times before we get the final tally.

Fills need for CLE. They better hope their pitching comes back (Kluber, Carrasco).

CIN is acquiring Bauer, why? Kinda like the Mets move for Stroman. For next year? Castillo, Gray, Bauer not bad.

SD’s return seems real light for MLB talent. I think it was smart because they traded from depth and got a potential future CF. I don’t hate it. Just seems they could’ve gotten more (though we know corner infielders don’t bring much). 

• Like 1

So is Franmil for sure heading to the land of Cleve? 

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

yes, and his bat.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Fills need for CLE. They better hope their pitching comes back (Kluber, Carrasco).

CIN is acquiring Bauer, why? Kinda like the Mets move for Stroman. For next year? Castillo, Gray, Bauer not bad.

SD’s return seems real light for MLB talent. I think it was smart because they traded from depth and got a potential future CF. I don’t hate it. Just seems they could’ve gotten more (though we know corner infielders don’t bring much). 

Yeah it is really weird so far this trade deadline.  Less than a day to go and the only two "top" pitchers that have moved have been acquired by non-contenders.  Why Cleveland wants Puig of all people I have no idea as you would think an ace pitcher gets you more wins than a temperamental OF, but who knows.  SD stashing prospects sort of hints that they are going to make a big play for someone.

Current tally:

Reds get 1 player

Padres get 1 player

Indians get 5 players

Posted (edited)

Franconia is like “phew, finally this pain in the butt Bauer is gone, and now we have a new stud, Puig! Oh wait 🤔

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Haha 4

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Franconia is like “phew, finally this pain in the butt Bauer is gone, and we got now we have a new stud, Puig! Oh wait 🤔

Puig is Bauer on roids attitude-wise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Yes but he wouldn't be if the NL would grow up and have his true position available for him to play -- DH.

38 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Franconia is like “phew, finally this pain in the butt Bauer is gone, and now we have a new stud, Puig! Oh wait 🤔

Poor Tito, he nearly got ulcers from babysitting Manny Ramirez (Manny being Manny) for years.  He thought he was through the worst and now Puig shows up on his doorstep.

So is this the complete story with this trade now because I thought it was SD who was the one really hot for Bauer.  So when I heard 3-team deal I assumed Cincy was being the middleman to get Bauer to the Padres in return for some really nice prospects.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1