2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Just now, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Because TB desperately needs another DH/1B type?

Guess they are not high on N. Lowe?  Or maybe he's part of a trade for them?

16 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

You know that guy in your league who posts his trade block full of waiver fodder players then asks for your best prospect for one of them?  That’s the Tigers

hey stop talking about me!

LOL

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

The return is Jake Faria

33 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

You're only removing this from the equation on the deadline day itself. You wouldn't have been deprived of watching grown men embrace, NTTIAWT, ala Eric Sogard the other day. 

But this is THE day you want to see it in droves.  Do not stop the fun.

Dang, if this stove gets any hotter my house might just burn down...

17 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Why?  So we now have three 1B?  Nick Lowe (a future stud already clobbering the ball when allowed to play), Choi, and now, Aguilar.  Free Nate Lowe from this insane quagmire!!!!!!

So TB added two infielders so far (Sogard as well) to an infield where there isn't enough playing time for their current players let alone Brandon Lowe if he ever heals up and comes back.

And good luck with getting Shaw going at 1B now, Brewers.  At least they won't send Hirura back down to save more service time for no reason at all other than that is how dumb Milwaukee has been this season. Faria, really?  Yes he showed some promise in his rookie year then "poof" he went south ever after.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Why are the Brewers selling again? They can't honestly believe Jake Faria is their missing cog, can they?

Why are the Rays stockpiling infielders/1b/DH again? They can't honestly believe that Jesus Aguilar is their missing cog, can they?

Edited by LoGo

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why?  So we now have three 1B?  Nick Lowe (a future stud already clobbering the ball when allowed to play), Choi, and now, Aguilar.  Free Nate Lowe from this insane quagmire!!!!!!

So TB added two infielders so far (Sogard as well) to an infield where there isn't enough playing time for their current players let alone Brandon Lowe if he ever heals up and comes back.

And good luck with getting Shaw going at 1B now, Brewers.  At least they won't send Hirura back down to save more service time for no reason at all other than that is how dumb Milwaukee has been this season. Faria, really?  Yes he showed some promise in his rookie year then "poof" he went south ever after.

Does this really affect Lowe, though? Wouldn't this trade have more affect on Choi at DH, whose PT is already sporadic? 

Tampa needs some thump.  I'd imagine Nate Lowe gets sent down unless they go with a 3 headed monster of Choi/Lowe/Aguilar at 1B/DH. 

1 minute ago, dicka24 said:

Tampa needs some thump.  I'd imagine Nate Lowe gets sent down unless they go with a 3 headed monster of Choi/Lowe/Aguilar at 1B/DH. 

I can't imagine them sending Lowe down at this point. The trade is a little surprising, but I'd think a more likely scenario is Choi and Aguilar platooning at DH. Maybe Lowe occasionally takes a seat instead of Choi against LHPs? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Does this really affect Lowe, though? Wouldn't this trade have more affect on Choi at DH, whose PT is already sporadic? 

Nate Lowe is already in a total platoon situation whereas he should be an everyday player.  This can't possibly help him.

4 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Nate Lowe is their thump.  He oozes power.  But he can't hit homers on the bench.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1

No more everyday role for d’arnaud

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Nate Lowe is already in a total platoon situation whereas he should be an everyday player.  This can't possibly help him.

Nate Lowe is their thump.  He oozes power.  But he can't hit homers on the bench.

I'm wondering if d'Arnaud is the real loser in all of this. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

That'd be a shame because over the last month he's been one of their best hitters. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by LoGo
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Not until he cools off but yeah he has been platooning with Nate Lowe the most.

Will Choi be sent down or DFA'ed?  I mean Faria wasn't on their 25 man active roster was he?  Or if so at least they now have one too many bats to roster given bullpen arms are everything to the Rays.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I can't imagine them sending Lowe down at this point. The trade is a little surprising, but I'd think a more likely scenario is Choi and Aguilar platooning at DH. Maybe Lowe occasionally takes a seat instead of Choi against LHPs? 

It's possible, but I don't think many, if any, MLB teams carry 3 guys who can only play 1B & DH. Two of those tends to be the max with so many teams now carrying extra relievers.