2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Unreasonable demands like this are why the Tigers are going to be sitting around at 4 pm with Greene, Boyd and Castellanos still stuck on their team.

 

6 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Yup, or feverishly dialing a number and taking 30 cents on the dollar at 3:59pm because they didn't pull the trigger on a more reasonable deal earlier.

Castellanos is the only one who will be a free agent and he has little value. They are in no hurry to deal the other two. So they hold all the cards. No idea why people think the Tigers should trade a commodity for what the other team deems as value. “Give us what we want or get nothing and have no one before Doolittle” is a good strategy IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Tigers’ defense, Greene has another arb year and Boyd has 3. People have suggested they should sell them while their value is high, but if they’re not getting high-value offers they shouldn’t feel any rush to sell them cheap. If they’re turning down good offers and holding out for a Kieboom or a Tucker, that’s dumb, but we don’t know for sure if that’s happening.

Castellanos isn’t a good real-life player and won’t get them anything of value so I don’t care if they move him or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ESPN has their baseball tonight coming on in a few minutes at 2 pm eastern to cover this boring deadline.  But I love that small guy with the high pitched voice with all the crazy fun stats so I guess I'll turn it on.  (Why can I never remember his name).

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

Would you rather the tigers have traded Greene weeks ago for 30 cents on the dollar like they did with JD?


Why would they have had to trade Greene for 30 cents on the dollar weeks ago?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

 

You know that guy in your league who posts his trade block full of waiver fodder players then asks for your best prospect for one of them?  That’s the Tigers

Lols

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dicka24 said:


Why would they have had to trade Greene for 30 cents on the dollar weeks ago?

 

My point is is that you can’t blame the tigers front office for holding on to Greene until near the end for the highest return..... they didn’t do that a few years back for JD and settled for a trash return in June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

 

 

 

dont blame them.  tigers are NUTS if they think they are getting a Keiboom for Greene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hudson to Nats?

 

EDIT:  Man you guys are fast!

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

entire last month Mets....blah blah blah sell sell sell

today Mets....everyone is off the table

Yep.  Every blurb about the Mets is this or that player is now off the trade block.  They have become the flirting tease of MLB.

 

5 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

 

Well there goes the one reliever the Red Sox farm system might have afforded, hah.  

And I bet he didn't cost the Nats Kieboom.

Well ESPN's deadline show has started now.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigs are fine keeping Greene.  They can do this again next year.  It shows confidence that you think he's not a fluke as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Baseball Jonze said:

Tigs are fine keeping Greene.  They can do this again next year.  It shows confidence that you think he's not a fluke as well. 

His value will never be higher.  He’ll be dealt 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, afgolfman666 said:

My point is is that you can’t blame the tigers front office for holding on to Greene until near the end for the highest return..... they didn’t do that a few years back for JD and settled for a trash return in June.

 

They traded him mid july

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Tigs are fine keeping Greene.  They can do this again next year.  It shows confidence that you think he's not a fluke as well. 

But what if he is a fluke?  His value can’t get much higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yep.  Every blurb about the Mets is this or that player is now off the trade block.  They have become the flirting tease of MLB.

 

Well there goes the one reliever the Red Sox farm system might have afforded, hah.  

And I bet he didn't cost the Nats Kieboom.

Well ESPN's deadline show has started now.

Of course Hudson didn’t cost Kieboom. He’s worse, and a 2 month rental. That’s how this works.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22-year-old sixth-rounder RHP Kyle Johnston for Hudson

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Von Hayes said:

But what if he is a fluke?  His value can’t get much higher.

If he is he is.  They're not getting anything worth it in their minds.  Middling prospect(s) versus having him do the same next season where they can sell him at the TDL again - they've decided he's worth holding onto.  (Or they'll move him to ATL for Ian Anderson). 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

In the Tigers’ defense, Greene has another arb year and Boyd has 3. People have suggested they should sell them while their value is high, but if they’re not getting high-value offers they shouldn’t feel any rush to sell them cheap. If they’re turning down good offers and holding out for a Kieboom or a Tucker, that’s dumb, but we don’t know for sure if that’s happening.

Castellanos isn’t a good real-life player and won’t get them anything of value so I don’t care if they move him or not.

 

Going off Detroit's history and how incompetent they have been, I tend to lean the way of them not valuing their players appropriately and turning down legit offers. Both them and the Mets might be the two worst run franchises when it comes to player evaluation and front office decisions.

 

EDIT: I mean they were demanding Keiboom from Nationals lol which looks like it caused them to roll their eyes and turn their attention elsewhere. That is hilarious. I hope the Tigers end up not moving anyone because they haven't had an idea for years now on what the hell they're doing lol.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Of course Hudson didn’t cost Kieboom. He’s worse, and a 2 month rental. That’s how this works.

I was being sarcastic as per Detroit's demands.

And Tim is the name of the ESPN guy I like.  Why do I always forget his name.  I mean he is kind of physically "tiny" and his name is Tim.  I think that would be a good memory aid.

And good get for Nats with Roenis Elias now coupled with Daniel Hudson.  Their role playing trades add up.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...