2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

4 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Dont listen to the Daily News. They fired all their good sports reporters.

Understood - but presumably that was a sourced story.

50 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You’re right.  Crazy on their part.  And shows how extortionate these offers were that Cashman was considering.

Extortionate? If the Yankees were offering enticing offers, they could’ve made a deal. There wasn’t some elaborate conspiracy going on to prevent the Yankees from upgrading at the deadline. Frazier is basically a 1 WAR player. Everyone seems to realize this except Yankees fans.  Andujar has always been a bit polarizing. He wasn’t good defensively at 3rd and now will be trying to return from labrum surgery. There’s a very real chance he’s a 1b/dh going forward. The Mets are set at first with Alonso and McNeil & Conforto are much better corner of options than Frazier. At some point Cashman needed to start offering up more than his spare parts to get something in return.

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Extortionate? If the Yankees were offering enticing offers, they could’ve made a deal. There wasn’t some elaborate conspiracy going on to prevent the Yankees from upgrading at the deadline. Frazier is basically a 1 WAR player. Everyone seems to realize this except Yankees fans.  Andujar has always been a bit polarizing. He wasn’t good defensively at 3rd and now will be trying to return from labrum surgery. There’s a very real chance he’s a 1b/dh going forward. The Mets are set at first with Alonso and McNeil & Conforto are much better corner of options than Frazier. At some point Cashman needed to start offering up more than his spare parts to get something in return.

I'm not a Yankee fan at all and I think people are underselling Frazier.  I'd take him alone for an expiring Wheeler.

McNeil should be at 3b, not LF.

• Like 1

Just now, meh2 said:

“Extortionate” in that teams fully understood the Yankees’ predicament and used that against them to ratchet up the price.  It has nothing to do with a “conspiracy.”   Describing these guys as “spare parts” is a little off-base, IMO.  They are both very good players, as they have shown.  Trying to extrapolate from Frazier his yearly average WAR is a fool’s errand at the moment.  Yeah, I think they were right not to cave for even more than was offered for Wheeler, of all people.

Sometimes you just have use common sense. That trade offer from the Yankees doesn't make sense UNLESS it was a sign and trade. IMO

2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

You know those guys pitch on the road as well, and all of this data is taken into account, right? And that their pathetic offense factors into that too, right? 

So you are saying that is factored in? Glad we agree.

10 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

So you are saying that is factored in? Glad we agree.

Yeah, and it all evens out, giving us a decent picture of how the park plays for everyone.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Yeah, and it all evens out, giving us a decent picture of how the park plays for everyone.

Park factors are useful, but flawed and limited. There is a reason why we have so many variations of it and not a standard one. They still have to take all their raw data from players. The more years you enter into the formula. The better and overall run factors are. Which have major human influences. I prefer Stat Corners data set because it is both 3 years and breaks everything down.

Comerica is objectively harder to hit HRs out then league average..but the break down of all the outcomes shines the light on why it ends "average". GBs turn into hits and errors at at an above average rate in comparison to other ball parks. This reason is 100% human and not the park itself.

My concern with Boyd is the rate of HRs he gives up, not his BABIP or LOB. That the 3.49 FIP would rise in a new environment. Even if his defense gave him better support on GBs. I'm perfectly aware he is has given up less HRs on the road so far..but he also has this big difference in K% Between home/road. Which feels like a lot of that is noise. 

32 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

[Enough with the snarky comments. Take your nonsense to PM if you guys can't communicate civilly.]

Was getting to the point. Just needed to have a bit of fun to get there.

Edited by Slatykamora
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I'm not a Yankee fan at all and I think people are underselling Frazier.  I'd take him alone for an expiring Wheeler.

McNeil should be at 3b, not LF.

I agree.  Wheeler is a rental.  Rentals don't bring in the big offers.

4 hours ago, ItsMeMario said:

Fishing for the most underrated prospect dealt at the deadline

Mystery Player

Interesting read. Power and exit velo is nice, but his slash line isn't too sexy, especially batting in the low .200's through a good chunk of the season.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:26 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

The Detroit Tigers announced today that they didn't get a good haul at all.

How’s Greene doing? 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Who cares about Detroit they play in a s--- stadium that supress homerun, no position player wants to play in that ****hole

How's you whole franchise doing with an albatros contract like Miguel Cabrera. Worst team in the league. Joey Wentz is a back end starter reliever ooohhhh big deal

Edited by ItsMeMario
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

Who cares about Detroit they play in a s--- stadium that supress homerun, no position player wants to play in that ****hole

How's you whole franchise doing with an albatros contract like Miguel Cabrera. Worst team in the league. Joey Wentz is a back end starter reliever ooohhhh big deal

Who hurt you?

They dumped a crap RP and got value for him. It was a solid move. Their minor league system (almost all pitching) is now top 10. 

The stadium plays middle of the road for runs/home runs. 

Thanks for caring so much.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

Damn dawg why you have to pick on a 45 win aspiration team?  What’s next you’ll tell us the Mariners moves for Mike Leake and loser relievers were underwhelming?  

11 hours ago, CounterPunch said:

Wellllll.....

ImpureFalseAsianporcupine-size_restricte

lets be honest, the orioles are pretty bad.

LOL! Reminds me of this classic

giphy.gif

canseco-head-gif.gif?w=640

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, CounterPunch said:

Wellllll.....

ImpureFalseAsianporcupine-size_restricte

lets be honest, the orioles are pretty bad.

Awesome post - and living up to your username perfectly!

• Thanks 1