2ndCitySox

2019 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Where exactly are all those imaginary suitors clambering for Todd Frazier?

Someone was asking about if Cal Quantril gets back in SD's rotation.  I see him as more of a piece in a package to be traded.  SD has major league ready young pitchers under team control like this guy or Logan Allen to dangle out there and the ability to put this "quantity" package together of both them and good prospects in a nice combo package.  But neither they nor any other team want a Todd Frazier back.  Everyone want a really good starter and relief help.  Not some old guy dumped on them.

 

I don't know about "clambering" but I can see somebody looking for a bench bat who can also play some defense late in games.  Won't cost anything of value.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Interesting idea, that the Tigers could include Castellanos to help get Franmil

Who do you think the additional prospects would be going to the Tigers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

They have said they are looking for a deal similar to cole. Which had no top prospects. 

Padres 4- 10 is as strong as a lot of teams top 3. They don’t need to include gore or Patiño 

 

This. 

Although I don't love the idea of bringing in thor and conforto just adds to the logjam in the outfield. 

 

And there is absolutely no reason for the Mets to deal Conforto.

SD has enough ammo to make 2 moves. 

Edited by 96mnc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Who do you think the additional prospects would be going to the Tigers?

 

Seeing as how Casty is a FA at the end of the season it'd likely be guys in the 15 to 25 range of Padres prospects.  Also, some team is going to sneakily buy Ty France and is going to be thrilled. 

I don't see or think SD should bring in Casty btw.  Even moving one of Renfroe or Reyes that still leaves Myers, Margot, Renfroe/Reyes, and Naylor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

 

I don't know about "clambering" but I can see somebody looking for a bench bat who can also play some defense late in games.  Won't cost anything of value.

 

Both Frasier and even more Panda Sandoval can help contenders as a bench bat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

(Regards Todd Frazier):

I don't know about "clambering" but I can see somebody looking for a bench bat who can also play some defense late in games.  Won't cost anything of value.

But that is just my point.  Who possibly would be that "somebody?"  I can't think of anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

Seeing as how Casty is a FA at the end of the season it'd likely be guys in the 15 to 25 range of Padres prospects.  Also, some team is going to sneakily buy Ty France and is going to be thrilled. 

I don't see or think SD should bring in Casty btw.  Even moving one of Renfroe or Reyes that still leaves Myers, Margot, Renfroe/Reyes, and Naylor.

I think they should move Naylor personally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone think the Cubs will do anything of note? local radio hasn't really discussed it at all, but the expectations on the team, and a half game lead in the central, I wonder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

anyone think the Cubs will do anything of note? local radio hasn't really discussed it at all, but the expectations on the team, and a half game lead in the central, I wonder. 

They could use a 2B. Whit Merrifield???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I think they should move Naylor personally

 

Naylor really should be at 1b.

He also would have benefited from spending most of this season in the minors but they needed the LHB with Franchy out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Osu1456 said:

They could use a 2B. Whit Merrifield???

I wish. Dayton Moore would NEVER sell. Does not matter in the slightest that we have arguably the worst major league team to go with arguably the worst farm or that a market like Kansas City absolutely NEEDS a strong farm system to be competitive (2014-15 Royals were built off a 2011 system that was as stacked as the Padres or Braves today). He will keep the crew together for ages in hot pursuit of 60 wins while hoping for one of our mid tier prospects to be a lottery ticket (all while fellow putrid teams in the division like the Tigers and White Sox see their blue chips turn into stars). In many cases in sports people quickly see how completely screwed a team is for now and the future (Nets post Billy King or Marlins in general) but I think this team is in a worse position than any I can remember that I would not be surprised to see another 25+ year playoff drought.

As for the Cubs, they will have to look elsewhere because the definitely could use a 2B with some defensive versatility in that division. How is Starlin Castro doing these days (speaking of the Marlins)? Dee Gordon could be an option as well. Maybe Joe Panik though he is having a down year?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

 

Naylor really should be at 1b.

He also would have benefited from spending most of this season in the minors but they needed the LHB with Franchy out.

agree, I think they should have kept him down and brought up a reserve that isnt a prospect like Boog Powell, hes been hitting well in PCL (who isnt) but is also good defensively and can play all 3 positions

Naylor needs AB's and needs to get dealt, hes the first guy I would include in any deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Osu1456 said:

They could use a 2B. Whit Merrifield???

too costly probably. I could see them swinging a deal for a 2b, but nothing fancy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mocha4313 said:

I wish. Dayton Moore would NEVER sell. Does not matter in the slightest that we have arguably the worst major league team to go with arguably the worst farm or that a market like Kansas City absolutely NEEDS a strong farm system to be competitive (2014-15 Royals were built off a 2011 system that was as stacked as the Padres or Braves today). He will keep the crew together for ages in hot pursuit of 60 wins while hoping for one of our mid tier prospects to be a lottery ticket (all while fellow putrid teams in the division like the Tigers and White Sox see their blue chips turn into stars). In many cases in sports people quickly see how completely screwed a team is for now and the future (Nets post Billy King or Marlins in general) but I think this team is in a worse position than any I can remember that I would not be surprised to see another 25+ year playoff drought.

As for the Cubs, they will have to look elsewhere because the definitely could use a 2B with some defensive versatility in that division. How is Starlin Castro doing these days (speaking of the Marlins)? Dee Gordon could be an option as well. Maybe Joe Panik though he is having a down year?

he is having a horrific year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

too costly probably. I could see them swinging a deal for a 2b, but nothing fancy. 

Villar should be available, though I don’t know how many other teams view him as a full-timer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Osu1456 said:

They could use a 2B. Whit Merrifield???

everyone could use Whit

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

I wish. Dayton Moore would NEVER sell. Does not matter in the slightest that we have arguably the worst major league team to go with arguably the worst farm or that a market like Kansas City absolutely NEEDS a strong farm system to be competitive (2014-15 Royals were built off a 2011 system that was as stacked as the Padres or Braves today). He will keep the crew together for ages in hot pursuit of 60 wins while hoping for one of our mid tier prospects to be a lottery ticket (all while fellow putrid teams in the division like the Tigers and White Sox see their blue chips turn into stars). In many cases in sports people quickly see how completely screwed a team is for now and the future (Nets post Billy King or Marlins in general) but I think this team is in a worse position than any I can remember that I would not be surprised to see another 25+ year playoff drought.

As for the Cubs, they will have to look elsewhere because the definitely could use a 2B with some defensive versatility in that division. How is Starlin Castro doing these days (speaking of the Marlins)? Dee Gordon could be an option as well. Maybe Joe Panik though he is having a down year?

 

I'm not sure the cubs have enough for whit.  Seattle would trade Gordon in a heartbeat.  Castro has been terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

I'm not sure the cubs have enough for whit.  Seattle would trade Gordon in a heartbeat.  Castro has been terrible.

And yet some clubs may want Castro it seems.  And this is from a few hours ago too:

Quote

Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald reports teams have "reached out" to the Marlins about trading for Starlin Castro.

Sergio Romo, Neil Walker and Curtis Granderson could also be on the move come July 31 as the Marlins look to restock their farm system by dealing veterans. Castro has had a down year statistically (.245, 6 HR, 34 RBI) but carries a strong track record in the big leagues. He could be an interesting infield piece for a contending team down the stretch.

Source: Miami Herald

Jul 11, 2019, 4:58 PM ET

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Big Bat Theory said:

And yet some clubs may want Castro it seems.  And this is from a few hours ago too:

 

 

Can't believe Miami let any of those teams hang up the phone just to dump the contract 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Rotoworld:

07.11: According to MLB.com's Jon Morosi, the Cardinals are "poised to pursue" Will Smith at the trade deadline. 

(Per Morosi, the Cardinals were involved in "serious discussions" for Smith during the offseason and figure to have renewed interest in the left-hander leading up to the July 31 deadline. Carlos Martinez has filled in seamlessly at closer for Jordan Hicks, who was lost to Tommy John surgery, but St. Louis could certainly use another left-hander to bolster its pen. Smith, who has converted all 23 of his save chances this year, figures to be among the most coveted relievers available at the trade deadline.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to MLBTR, Dodger, Braves, and Rays all interested in Boyd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Rotoworld:

Show All  /  Hide All

07.12: According to Mike Puma of the New York Post, the Mets won't deal Noah Syndergaard unless they are"overwhelmed" by an offer. 

(The same goes for left-hander Steven Matz. Per Puma, the Mets "don't appear in any hurry to sell low" on Syndergaard, who struggled to an uncharacteristically lackluster 4.68 ERA during the first half. The underachieving Mets figure to be sellers at the July 31 deadline (Todd Frazier, Jason Vargas and Zack Wheeler are all rumored to be on the block) but unless a godfather offer comes along, expect Thor to remain a Met come July 31.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.