jcedwards

Godwin or Aaron Jones?

Posted (edited)

12 team .5 PPR dynasty league. Roster requirements are 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN

Given my team makeup, who’d you rather have in dynasty?

My team:

QB- Mahomes, Winston, Grier (TS)

RB- Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, A Jones, Justice Hill, Ajayi, Gio, Gaskins (TS)

WR- OBJ, M Thomas, Cooper, Kirk, Fitz, Cobb, Sutton, Coutee (TS), David Moore (TS), Diontae Johnson (TS), Boykin (TS)

TE- Ertz, Njoku, Goedert 

D/ST- Bears, Bills, Pats

K- Butker

Edited by jcedwards

In dynasty I would normally go for Godwin, but you are very undeep in the RB department. With 2 flex and .5 PPR I would expect Jones to already be in the lineup the majority of games, and I don't think you have anyone behind him. If anything, I'd move some receivers for more RB power.

Jones without a doubt in my opinion. Much more upside than Godwin and you can't pass on this opportunity to lock up more backfield depth, considering you have some very strong front-end WRs. 

Da cheese head for sure better overall player. 

Appreciate the input.  I think I am in agreement with the majority of you that I need to keep Jones.  The 3 in front of him will always be in my lineup (unless of injury and during bye weeks).  I will probably alternate Jones and Cooper at the 2nd FLEX. As of right now, I don't have enough depth after Jones, if an injury were to occur to one of my top 3. I am high on Hill though and hope he eventually turns into the lightning to Ingram's thunder. While I don't have a stud WR4, I have some upside WRs in Kirk, Sutton, and Keke who could fill that role and another veteran in Fitz, who I think has a bounce back year with a better QB. 

Can you drop a different player or does it need to be one of them. 

I cant see Jones cracking the lineup, only baring a injury and i love Godwin this year. But I wouldn’t blame you either way

You are pretty deep at both positions, but RB's tend to get injured more and for longer periods of time than WR's, so I would definitely hold onto Jones.  

23 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Can you drop a different player or does it need to be one of them. 

I cant see Jones cracking the lineup, only baring a injury and i love Godwin this year. But I wouldn’t blame you either way

I’m not dropping anyone. I have Jones, but was contemplating trading him for Godwin. 

On 7/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, jcedwards said:

I’m not dropping anyone. I have Jones, but was contemplating trading him for Godwin. 

Do it. Are people not seeing it is a dynasty? 

Hang onto Jones my man. Think he's going to go off this season and his value is only going to skyrocket in dynasty. Know you can't always trust the Packers RBs, but I have good feeling about this season.