Fuzzy_Slippers

6/25 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, Denbo32 said:

So next start 8 innings 1ER and 12ks?

Honestly...id be thrilled to see that.  Even if i lost out on the stats.  I think everyone can be officially concerned.

Oh the humanity. Please pull snell.  I cant get another 8er this week.

Tim Anderson carted off the field. Possible ankle or leg injury.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

Machado on fire hope you bought low

No one would have "sold" Manny low.  It's baseball.  It's a marathon.  You don't run around like Chicken Little making dumb moves after only a couple of months of a slow start.  Swear at him, sure.  But never trade him..

37 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

You know who has quietly looked really good lately, JP Crawford. Thinking about adding in roto.

Glad I did yesterday to the very team I had Tim Anderson on.  JP may be starting for my club at SS for awhile now.

5 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Tim Anderson carted off the field. Possible ankle or leg injury.

Well technically lifted a few inches off the ground by the manager and the trainer.  It seems to be his right ankle area.  He just threw a pretty routine the ball to 1st on the move.  Must have landed wrong during the follow through of the throw.  Couldn't put any weight on it at all.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

19 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Snell has lost complete command of his pitches. The velo is there, and the control is there.  But the pitches arent dojng what they're supposed to do.  Anyone that's started him in every start,(which is probably everyone )has gotten a pretty big liability in era.  He is a must sit for his next start. Thats 4 out of 5 complete clunkers.

I didn't even realize it was 4 out of 5 clunkers.  He's awful and completely unstartable.  Maybe something will "click" after the ASB

6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Sounds like my hell. What on earth is his problem? 

20 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

they need to shake their rotation up

The brewers have tried that...their offense is almost more disappointing--all things considered

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No one would have "sold" Manny low.  It's baseball.  It's a marathon.  You don't run around like Chicken Little making dumb moves after only a couple of months of a slow start.  Swear at him, sure.  But never trade him..

Cmon man you’ve been on this board long enough to know sarcasm. And also this entire board is chicken little. Just 2 days ago Vlad sucks

Ump jobs Alzolay who gets pulled after 4 2/3IP

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Only seven earnies!  Whew!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

Cmon man you’ve been on this board long enough to know sarcasm. And also this entire board is chicken little. Just 2 days ago Vlad sucks

Not this whole board but yeah there are some Chicken Littles on here.  So there was no way to tell if you were being sarcastic.  Clue me in next time with an emo maybe, heh.

Just now, BMcP said:

LOL yea coulda been worse. I don't why he is so bad all of a sudden. dude has great stuff, a Cy Young, has he just gotten lazy? 

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Wow..that could have been worse....i cant beleive im actually relieved about 7.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Kyle [Gibson] looks great today...and gifted 7 runs early by his offense.  Not the greatest strike to pitch ratio tonight so far, but still getting it done!  He's been stellar since that first month or so.

Edited by tonycpsu
Game day post moved from player thread.

Just now, Cesare13 said:

Wow..that could have been worse....i cant beleive im actually relieved about 7.

A sad state of affairs. I didn't watch the dumpster fire performance, anyone have any ideas what they saw? Disaster game. 

20 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I disagree. He's a frustrating own. Managers would have sold.

Anyone watching the W-Sox v. R-Sox game, if there's any update on Tim Anderson if you can please relay.  Any update is appreciated.  Hoping just a very bad sprain and not ligament damage.

Just now, BigPapi44 said:

Anyone watching the W-Sox v. R-Sox game, if there's any update on Tim Anderson if you can please relay.  Any update is appreciated.  Hoping just a very bad sprain and not ligament damage.

Yes that's my game of choice. DID NOT look good, but I wouldn't jump off the ledge quite yet. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Yes that's my game of choice. DID NOT look good, but I wouldn't jump off the ledge quite yet. 

@kwolf68 any update from the broadcast is appreciate, presuming it was not broken but hoping he has not suffered ligament damage and just sprained.

Just now, BigPapi44 said:

@kwolf68 any update from the broadcast is appreciate, presuming it was not broken but hoping he has not suffered ligament damage and just sprained.

Nothing yet, just ankle issue. Man I hope it's not broken. Love that kid. 

Bassit can't even perform against the bum a** cards

This dog is dead