1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

I checked the index and there was not a link.

We got vintage A.J.for roughly the first 9-10 weeks before a toe injury.  He's since had surgery and expects to be ready for camp.  With Zac Taylor in town and a contract year, could we be in line for another big vintage AJ season?

Hes early 3rd adp in a 14 teamer ppr, you could have him as part of your trio of an elite rb, choice of elite te, High End rb2/wr2, I think his price is pretty good this season

• Like 1

He looks like about 15% ish in auctions now. Too rich for my blood. I don't trust him to stay healthy and the team is so dicey anyway.

Yet I am interested in Mixon lol

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I checked the index and there was not a link.

We got vintage A.J.for roughly the first 9-10 weeks before a toe injury.  He's since had surgery and expects to be ready for camp.  With Zac Taylor in town and a contract year, could we be in line for another big vintage AJ season?

Hes early 3rd adp in a 14 teamer ppr, you could have him as part of your trio of an elite rb, choice of elite te, High End rb2/wr2, I think his price is pretty good this season

I also like him at his current price, he's almost guaranteed to finish as a top-15 WR as long as he finishes the season.  The injuries are a bit concerning but not enough for me to stay away.

Edited by ZappB

2 hours ago, ZappB said:

I also like him at his current price, he's almost guaranteed to finish as a top-15 WR as long as he finishes the season.  The injuries are a bit concerning but not enough for me to stay away.

Talent wise he could easily do around 1250 yard for next season, which is top 12, except:

- he will be 31

- he still has Andy Dalton

- Tyler Boyd proved serious competition last season

- new HC and OC. Although those have plenty experience coaching QBs, which should benefit Dalton, which should benefit AJ

- a dent in the O-line as of today (Jonah Williams)

- last but not least: in the past 5 seasons he missed in total 16 gamrs, which is a lot.

I put him at 1000 yd/6 TD, which means I'm out at his current ADP (WR13), and instead I'll be targeting Tyler Boyd as a sleeper (WR27).

If he is cheap enough, I would love to have him on my team again in 2019.  Dude can ball.  31 does not scare me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

If he is cheap enough, I would love to have him on my team again in 2019.  Dude can ball.  31 does not scare me.

Well what range is considered cheap enough for you?  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Well what range is considered cheap enough for you?  

Redraft around WR18, say 5th round; or auction under $20. Neither of those are going to happen.

Edited by Boudewijn

6 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Redraft around WR18, say 5th round; or auction under $20. Neither of those are going to happen.

Egad man.....you're not even in the same stratosphere of hope.  I expect his services to be acquired in the 3rd round.

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Egad man.....you're not even in the same stratosphere of hope.  I expect his services to be acquired in the 3rd round.

Yes yes, I made it clear I hope that I don't expect that to happen. But I think I also quoted why I think he won't get the 1250 he needs to be a borderline WR1 (which is where he's drafted).

3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Yes yes, I made it clear I hope that I don't expect that to happen. But I think I also quoted why I think he won't get the 1250 he needs to be a borderline WR1 (which is where he's drafted).

Yes indeed you did.  However isn't this quote a positive instead of a negative?  Not disagreeing with you.  His injury history does not compute with the amount of capital being invested in the 3rd round.

I want to see how he looks in the preseason. 

- new HC and OC. Although those have plenty experience coaching QBs, which should benefit Dalton, which should benefit AJ

Why would Dalton be a detraction when Dalton has been the one who has given him his great seasons?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:
59 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

However isn't this quote a positive instead of a negative? 

Yes it is. I should have made that clear by making it a + instead of a - but the evil mod overlords won't give me that power retroactively ;)

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

I paid $38 in 2018. $20 would be amazing but honestly I would probably go up to $28 depending on who was left.

7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Talent wise he could easily do around 1250 yard for next season, which is top 12, except:

- he will be 31

- he still has Andy Dalton

- Tyler Boyd proved serious competition last season

- a dent in the O-line as of today (Jonah Williams)

- last but not least: in the past 5 seasons he missed in total 16 gamrs, which is a lot.

I put him at 1000 yd/6 TD, which means I'm out at his current ADP (WR13), and instead I'll be targeting Tyler Boyd as a sleeper (WR27).

Curious if you think Boyd just straight out performs both? If healthy, I’m hard pressed to believe AJG posts 1000/6

My guess is 28 minimum in my auction league for this fella, and he probably gets into the low 30's.   He's not a guy I'm super eager to draft but he doesn't scare me much either.   I'm fine with him as my 2nd WR.      

I’m not sure I’m seeing how Tyler Boyd proved he is stiff competition/a negative for AJ. Last year AJ was on pace for ~90/1400/12 before he got hurt, with Boyd around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

My guess is 28 minimum in my auction league for this fella, and he probably gets into the low 30's.   He's not a guy I'm super eager to draft but he doesn't scare me much either.   I'm fine with him as my 2nd WR.      

You're paying low 30s for your WR2?? 

$200 vs $100 budget thing again I think here, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panthers8912 said:

Curious if you think Boyd just straight out performs both? If healthy, I’m hard pressed to believe AJG posts 1000/6

I have Boyd a bit lower, but with good upside. Boyd eventually had 1000 yd on 14 games. If both stay healthy I assume Green is still #1, but Boyd shouldn't be far behind, and at his ADP, he's pretty attractive to me.

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

$200 vs $100 budget thing again I think here, right?

Nope!  15% ish for a WR2 sounds awfully steep to me, but I assumed (never assume!) that you were also grabbing a stud RB and WR1. Curious what your strat is if you're thinking low 30s ($200 cap) for your WR2...

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

Nope!  15% ish for a WR2 sounds awfully steep to me, but I assumed (never assume!) that you were also grabbing a stud RB and WR1. Curious what your strat is if you're thinking low 30s ($200 cap) for your WR2...

AJG is a wr1 barring injury.    I have no problem spending $30 on him unless I’ve already spent closer to $50 on my wr1.     Especially in 3 wr leagues. 

• Like 1

Just now, bomont said:

That i basically would skip the depth tiers and be building a stud/scrub team with that plan.    Clarity though, I'm not targeting Green, just imagining a scenario in which I draft him in my auction.   There's no way he'd be my first WR because I love too many guys that are more expensive.    What I do with my money after that is still a question mark, but I will almost certainly get one of Evans or Hilton and am prepared to shoot for the moon to do it.   

14 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Seems like a 16 game floor to me.  If you're saying he does that in say 13 games then he's still more valued than those around his adp.

6 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

AJG is a wr1 barring injury.    I have no problem spending $30 on him unless I’ve already spent closer to $50 on my wr1.     Especially in 3 wr leagues. 

"Barring injury" seems to be the part you're more or less ignoring and mostly why I wouldn't want the guy. It's a huge concern IMO.

• Like 1

He does seem to get hurt about every year...