1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

That's actually one of my nightmares. I don't even want to think about it.

That or the Vikings.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

That or the Vikings.

 

Don't play around and speak this nonsense into existence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about 80 percent sure AJ isnt going anywhere, but if he did it would probably be somewhere like Green bay , 49ers, seahwaks in that order , it won't be within the conference for sure. I'd love to see him in green bay,  get rid of jimmy and get AJ.. that duo would be deadly in greenbay phewww

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

That or the Vikings.

Vikings would not trade for him in a billion years.

They already have arguably the best WR duo and Cousins is still a bum that can't hit the side of a barn from the inside. Green wouldn't change that and everyone knows it making giving up anything pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any credible reports that Cinci has even considered shopping him?

Or is this all keyboard GM speculative nonsense?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any credible reports that Green has even considered holding out?

Or is this keyboard agent speculative nonsense?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Vikings would not trade for him in a billion years.

They already have arguably the best WR duo and Cousins is still a bum that can't hit the side of a barn from the inside. Green wouldn't change that and everyone knows it making giving up anything pointless. 

 

I mean, you guys ran 534 times last year and are on pace for more attempts than the Cowboys did last year.

Rus is a great QB but if I were a WR I am not sure playing in Seattle is a great way to showcase my abilities.  I was just trying to think of a potentially worse scenario as a fantasy owner than Seattle and that was the one that came to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The city loves AJG so much the Bengals will have less attendance than the Marlins if they get rid of him. I think he gets his contract extension and plays out his career in Cincy. Like another poster stated, Cincy doesnt deserve him but the fans do. He is a great dude. Only trade I can see happening is a sign and trade before the deadline if thats even possible. He is a stud but he is 31 and he picks up stupid little injuries. Im not sure how many teams will take him on a contract year not knowing where he stands the following year.

 

Im gonna say he will be in the lineup week 6 or 7. Bengals are bad, but the division is so bad, they arent out of it yet. lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

The city loves AJG so much the Bengals will have less attendance than the Marlins if they get rid of him. I think he gets his contract extension and plays out his career in Cincy. Like another poster stated, Cincy doesnt deserve him but the fans do. He is a great dude. Only trade I can see happening is a sign and trade before the deadline if thats even possible. He is a stud but he is 31 and he picks up stupid little injuries. Im not sure how many teams will take him on a contract year not knowing where he stands the following year.

 

Im gonna say he will be in the lineup week 6 or 7. Bengals are bad, but the division is so bad, they arent out of it yet. lol

Thanks for the backup. Agreed AJ isnt going anywhere. If dalton could get more time in the pocket ( nvm) I cant even type this out ..we just need a new QB it's the same thing every year time to move on. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Braves16 said:

Are there any credible reports that Green has even considered holding out?

Or is this keyboard agent speculative nonsense?

There is nothing concrete that he's holding out. He said himself he would need to be 100% to return. That's logicial. However, he is well past the recovery time for his injury. Even the most conservative estimate has passed. There is no doubt he'd have played if he had a new deal. Since he isn't on a new deal he's not going to risk coming back until he is absolutely ready. It's not a holdout, but it is. Then there is this:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

There is nothing concrete that he's holding out. He said himself he would need to be 100% to return. That's logicial. However, he is well past the recovery time for his injury. Even the most conservative estimate has passed. There is no doubt he'd have played if he had a new deal. Since he isn't on a new deal he's not going to risk coming back until he is absolutely ready. It's not a holdout, but it is. Then there is this:

 

 

 

Dude...AJ  came out and said "I'm not sure where the timeline came from, but its definitely not 4-6 weeks".paraphrase . The coach said no timetable a few weeks ago, yes he is running and yea he is moving well but he looked good last year when he tried coming back early and got reinjured so he is simply taking his time..dont jump to conclusions. At this point it's been 8 weeks. 2 more weeks puts it at 10 which is what I expect . If nothing in next 2 weeks then you can panic..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

 

 

Dude...AJ  came out and said "I'm not sure where the timeline came from, but its definitely not 4-6 weeks".paraphrase . The coach said no timetable a few weeks ago, yes he is running and yea he is moving well but he looked good last year when he tried coming back early and got reinjured so he is simply taking his time..dont jump to conclusions. At this point it's been 8 weeks. 2 more weeks puts it at 10 which is what I expect . If nothing in next 2 weeks then you can panic..

I'm not panicking. I drafted him at flex value, so I'm sitting and playing Boyd until he returns. If he's not back in the next two weeks they should have just put him on IR-return. If he comes back and puts up WR1-type weekly numbers, then I'll have three of them starting for me. So, I don't want him to rush back at all. Like I said though, he has no incentive to rush back and play. Either Cincy pays him or someone else will. And if it is the latter, then it is in his best interest to put himself first before team, be 100% then ball out for his new deal.

Edited by FitzMagic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Ah, the old "worry about other teams more than your own" strategy.

Uh, yeah, because ultimately you'll have to go through them. Is it worth risking not only giving a good opponent a WR1, but losing one yourself, to pick up AJ Brown? That's laughable. If you need the roster space at least trade Green. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What’s his trade value?   [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

What’s his trade value?   [...]

 

Low until he plays.  Very low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

What’s his trade value?   [...]

I'd honestly say fairly high, particularly for a 3-1 or 4-0 team. I think the odds are better than 50/50 that he's back within a month and obviously at that point a locked and loaded WR1. If I'm confident I'm making the playoffs I give up quite a bit for that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I could see the Saints kicking the tires here, maybe a 2nd Rd pick? They never mind dealing their picks...in fact they might not even have a 2nd next year?

Still, he would fill a monster need down there.

Edited by ST. STEVEN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

What’s his trade value?   [...]

 

Of course league size and bench spots will come into play. That said, It's probably going to be all over the place, depending on the potential trade partner's outlook.

A lot of uncertainty right now, and everyone just waiting to hear the latest update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Patriots release Cam Meredith, to make space for.....


HA!   Is that how it works?  You cut a guy on the PUP list to trade for a 7 time Pro Bowler!   I like how you think.  I’m on board!  

Edited by poofinger
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will John Ross being out for "multiple" games affect AJ Green's timetable? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Braves16 said:

Are there any credible reports that Cinci has even considered shopping him?

Or is this all keyboard GM speculative nonsense?

 

He's a free agent next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Will John Ross being out for "multiple" games affect AJ Green's timetable? 

I tend to doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when he comes back in 2 weeks, is he a WR1 or WR2 or flex?

 

I have been getting by with high end WR2s like Fitz and Watkins but was hoping my stashed Green will be a WR1 when Hill comes back and knocks down Watkins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jmog said:

So, when he comes back in 2 weeks, is he a WR1 or WR2 or flex?

 

I have been getting by with high end WR2s like Fitz and Watkins but was hoping my stashed Green will be a WR1 when Hill comes back and knocks down Watkins. 

 

if he comes back in 2 weeks he will be a risky flex and will ascend to low-end WR1 status as his snap counts increase. My guess is he will be eased in over the first 1-3 games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...