1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

He does seem to get hurt about every year...

On the decline plus that serious turf toe that required surgery will linger this yr..9-12 month true recovery for that...

Yeah - injuries are a frustrating thing. If a guy's been hurt I avoid him, rest assured he'll be fine. If I feel the risk is negligible or at least acceptable, and I draft him, he's screwed lol (PS two-time Cook owner who's vowed to never draft him again, so jump all over that one)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually he's got this thing going on where he gets hurt every other year.      He's played 16 games in every odd year, save 2011 (he missed one).    In the last three even years, he's missed 16 games total   #analytics

• Like 1

In all seriousness, I dont argue against anyone with health concerns, was just making a funny.    I'm not making a big bet on him staying healthy or achieving max efficiency with a new staff here, but the possibility of both keeps him in my sights.   

On 6/25/2019 at 9:57 PM, theSPANKER said:

Well what range is considered cheap enough for you?  

I was refering to his age 31, not his price.  I hope I can add him to my fantasy team for quite a bit less.

45 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Actually he's got this thing going on where he gets hurt every other year.      He's played 16 games in every odd year, save 2011 (he missed one).    In the last three even years, he's missed 16 games total   #analytics

Yep.  16 games missed in 5 years isn’t bad at all.   But it’s all the other decoy/ questionable/ late active that has killed owners.    I take no issue with those who don’t want the injury risk... but $30 is very realistic from what I’ve seen.   He’s a game changer.  

Ohhh, right, i forgot about that.  And the playoff week duds.   There's a lot of scorned AJ Green owners out there

In Weeks 1-8 last season, AJG posted 46/694/6, which easily extrapolates to 92/1388/12 assuming he had played a full season and maintained that pace. Those numbers would have been good enough for WR6 in standard formats and WR8 in PPR. His injury is something to monitor, but I don't think that Green's skills have declined quite as much as some would want you to think. I believe that his current ADP of WR12 is right on the money. 

• Like 3

On 6/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, Impreza178 said:

Yep.  16 games missed in 5 years isn’t bad at all.   But it’s all the other decoy/ questionable/ late active that has killed owners.    I take no issue with those who don’t want the injury risk... but $30 is very realistic from what I’ve seen.   He’s a game changer.  

Phooey I wouldn't go more than $20.

6 minutes ago, throwaway9614 said:

Does The Tyler Boyd contract extension affect AJ in any way shape or form?

Nope. Green is still one of the best route runners in the entire NFL and is the absolute best route runner at his height that I’ve ever seen play. He has the most chemistry with his QB and has more than enough of a track record to show that only injury can keep him from being a WR1.

At best, Green is a boom or bust low end WR1 who will bust in the fantasy playoffs...if he actually stays healthy, which he has failed to do in 3 of the past 5 seasons. 

No thanks.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:07 PM, SenatorSpaceman said:

In Weeks 1-8 last season, AJG posted 46/694/6, which easily extrapolates to 92/1388/12 assuming he had played a full season and maintained that pace. Those numbers would have been good enough for WR6 in standard formats and WR8 in PPR. His injury is something to monitor, but I don't think that Green's skills have declined quite as much as some would want you to think. I believe that his current ADP of WR12 is right on the money. 

He always starts off hotter than he finishes. That's why projecting early season stats over 16 games will always overrate him. 

Just got carted off at camp, guy can’t catch a break.

5 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

I see the update on google, but shouldn't people link sources before posting?  I saw this happen in the Golden Tate thread too.  

They suspect a possible ankle sprain according to this link

https://thebiglead.com/2019/07/27/aj-green-injury-bengals-carted-off-training-camp/

11 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Let's just hope he literally can't catch one

5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I see the update on google, but shouldn't people link sources before posting?  I saw this happen in the Golden Tate thread too.  

They suspect a possible ankle sprain according to this link

https://thebiglead.com/2019/07/27/aj-green-injury-bengals-carted-off-training-camp/

It’s literally on the RW front page lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

You hate to see it 

Just breaking down, sucks to see as he was one hell of a competitor 

A.J. Green was carted to the locker room with an apparent left foot injury Saturday.

It appears to be a legitimate injury, as Green was on crutches leaving the facility. Green talked with team doctors on the sideline before standing up, punching the bench, yelling in frustration, and then hopping on a cart to head inside. Green has never had any issues with his left foot in the past, as both previous toe injuries were to his right foot. Either way, we hope Green has avoided anything serious here. He was poised for a rebound year in coach Zac Taylor's offense. We'll provide an update when one is available.

Jul 27, 2019, 3:28 PM ET