1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Agreed. But I could also see that trade happening. 

trade for AJG bring back AB & Gronk

6 hours ago, trolltoll said:

Please God not AJG

6 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Agreed. But I could also see that trade happening. 

I don't see this being bad for him at all. Cincy is an absolute dumpster fire. AB went to NE and immediately produced. No reason to think Green wouldn't. 

18 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't see this being bad for him at all. Cincy is an absolute dumpster fire. AB went to NE and immediately produced. No reason to think Green wouldn't. 

I don't know.. that was a one game sample size. Who knows what numbers AB would've put up for the entire season.

I think staying in Cincy is best case scenario for this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I don't know.. that was a one game sample size. Who knows what numbers AB would've put up for the entire season.

Definitely. If A.J. gets traded you probably can’t start him until his second, maybe third game with that team. And even then he may be limited due to the play book. With Cincy, he can jump in right away and put up numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trolltoll said:

Did you see that game today? That offense is BAD. I was indifferent a few weeks ago because I felt he could produce anywhere but I'm actually hoping for a trade now. 

9 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Definitely. If A.J. gets traded you probably can’t start him until his second, maybe third game with that team. And even then he may be limited due to the play book. With Cincy, he can jump in right away and put up numbers.

Amari Cooper did fine after getting traded last year. All depends what team he would get traded too, but in the right situation starting him game 1 wouldn't worry me 

They should just trade him for Trent Williams already, it’s not like you have time to throw it for AJ getting open 

Considering he’s been out of the boot for weeks, i assume he’s been working out since. 

1 minute ago, Braves16 said:

Considering he’s been out of the boot for weeks, i assume he’s been working out since. 

There's videos of him making cuts in practice last week, physically I think he's fine.

I only wonder about him picking up Taylor's playbook.  And Ramsey of course this week (potentially).

Why would Cincy bring him back this season? Furthermore AJ and his agent said he won’t play until he’s 100% healthy. By then Cincy should be buried and won’t want to expose this fragile guy to another serous injury. I don’t think AJ plays unless he gets his new contract also. The arrow is pointing way down. As far as The Bungles are concerned there’s no good reason to play him. 

5 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Why would Cincy bring him back this season? Furthermore AJ and his agent said he won’t play until he’s 100% healthy. By then Cincy should be buried and won’t want to expose this fragile guy to another serous injury. I don’t think AJ plays unless he gets his new contract also. The arrow is pointing way down. As far as The Bungles are concerned there’s no good reason to play him. 

All the reports indicate he'll be back as early as next week. If they sign him he'll play, if not he'll probably be traded. Though I guess there's an outside possibility he just holds out for FA, but he won't be doing himself any favors at 31 years old. 

Haha I can't imagine the organization signing the guy to a massive extension and then not playing him. That would be pretty stupid in terms of optics. The Bengals should probably trade him to start a rebuild, but whatever. 

Edited by LongBalls

2 hours ago, Krambone said:

I agree that it makes no sense to bring him back, but the first part of your post has already happened. He is already 100% IMO, and they are beyond buried. Barring a trade I don't see this ending well for his fantasy owners. 

AJ will play. Either way, he needs to showcase for another team. If he doesn't hit the field and show he's healthy and productive, how is he going to get a new contract?

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

AJ will play. Either way, he needs to showcase for another team. If he doesn't hit the field and show he's healthy and productive, how is he going to get a new contract?

He also seems like one of those "for love of the game" type guys.

I mean for god's sake, he plays for the Bengals.

If you have to question the motivation of a guy who was basically the Sisyphus of the AFC Wild Card round for a decade I think you're gonna have another thing coming. He may have waited til he was 100% but now that he's there I think he plays.

• Like 1

Taylor: wouldn’t say if AJ Green will fully practice this week. 

#SeizeTheDEY #Bengals #WhoDey

Just now, LongBalls said:

It's a step up from being declared out on Monday the past couple weeks.

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Just trade him already. It's pretty clear there's more going on than just the injury and that he doesn't want to play in Cincy and the team is going no where. Trading him to a contender for draft picks is the smart real life and fantasy move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Not sure I agree with this. I'm sure other teams can work him out / give him a physical before they trade for him. 

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Just trade him already. It's pretty clear there's more going on than just the injury and that he doesn't want to play in Cincy and the team is going no where. Trading him to a contender for draft picks is the smart real life and fantasy move. 

Agree with this.  But if he doesn't get traded, it's hard to predict what happens here after he is fully healthy.  Once he's healthy, then the only reason he is not going to play is a contract holdout.  I don't know if he's the type to do that.

4 hours ago, Krambone said:

...because they're PAYING him to play. And it's pretty clear he either is or close to being 100% healthy. Unless he misrepresented his injury he should have been bake weeks ago. I mean Michael Gallup broke a bone and made it back before him for god's sake. 

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Agree with this.  But if he doesn't get traded, it's hard to predict what happens here after he is fully healthy.  Once he's healthy, then the only reason he is not going to play is a contract holdout.  I don't know if he's the type to do that.

I just don't see the argument (for Cincy) for keeping him. He's not young and has already shown signs of a decline and they have other young WRs waiting in the wings. Stock up on draft picks and rebuild the dumpster fire of sustained mediocrity that Marvin Lewis created during his tenure. 

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

I just don't see the argument (for Cincy) for keeping him. He's not young and has already shown signs of a decline and they have other young WRs waiting in the wings. Stock up on draft picks and rebuild the dumpster fire of sustained mediocrity that Marvin Lewis created during his tenure. 

Yes, this is a very obvious case of an aging vet with something left on a rebuilding team.  Obvious candidate to be traded....good for him, and good for the team.

Pitt will go after him, and CIN will get to see him twice a year.

• Haha 1

Pretty sad that a month after the long end of his recovery timeline no news (yet) that he's already been ruled out for Sunday is actually progress.