1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

Just now, HarambeLives said:

They have contact every year though. 

Meant contract year.

Looks like where you’d expect ice to be for an ankle sprain. Probably a high one.

So it says he has a low ankle sprain. Looks like we won’t get much evaluation during training camp, hopefully good to go by week one.

And you see why Green is lower on my list than most.

This could push his adp down, thus making him a nice 4th round value. I can't see him playing at all in the preseason. The bengals first real game is on 9/8 plenty of time to heal. 

• Like 1

He has over a month to heal from a sprained ankle, I'm not worried. 

If this injury pushes his ADP even lower than where it is now, and I can grab this guy in the 4th round so that he is my WR2 or even WR3, I'll take that value all day.

If it's low ankle, take the lower ADP and draft him in every league you can.

If it's high ankle, take a little more caution.  They have the tendency to linger for a while and come back when you least want them too.

Another note, you run an increased risk of a foot fracture when coming back from an ankle sprain, which we all know has troubled Green before.  The longer he's out with it, the higher the risk.

Out 6-8 weeks. I’d say more closer to 8 than 6. The way he reacted, it was pretty clear it is a serious injury. With his history, not sure why his teammates and coach were so positive. Maybe it was denial. 

Staying away for me. This will lingers all season for sure. 

28 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Out 6-8 weeks. I’d say more closer to 8 than 6. The way he reacted, it was pretty clear it is a serious injury. With his history, not sure why his teammates and coach were so positive. Maybe it was denial. 

Staying away for me. This will lingers all season for sure. 

Good thing you’re an internet doctor with grammar like that.  👀

8 weeks puts him back within the first third of the season,  right before byes get heavy.    

Can’t wait for the discount 

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

8 weeks puts him back within the first third of the season,  right before byes get heavy.    

Not the same Antonio Jenkins you’ve known to love....hate seeing it but truth a tough pill...

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It'll be interesting to see how far his ADP drops. Based on ADP results so far, he is going in the 3rd round on average. Despite the concerns with injury, getting a guy like this at a discount might be well worth the risk. Even if he is out two months, that would put him back on the field around Week 3 (9/30) against the Steelers or even more likely, week 4 (10/6) against the Peterson less Cardinals.

Boyd becomes huge, but Green has become even more intriguing now based on where he will be drafted and the value that he could bring back. Those owners drafting RB heavy teams early on love guys like this.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

It'll be interesting to see how far his ADP drops. Based on ADP results so far, he is going in the 3rd round on average. Despite the concerns with injury, getting a guy like this at a discount might be well worth the risk. Even if he is out two months, that would put him back on the field around Week 3 (9/30) against the Steelers or even more likely, week 4 (10/6) against the Peterson less Cardinals.

Boyd becomes huge, but Green has become even more intriguing now based on where he will be drafted and the value that he could bring back.

Yup

boyd supporters start shouting...but Boyd did worse without AJ...smokin Joe maybe gio to lesser extent the real beneficiaries 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Yup

boyd supporters start shouting...but Boyd did worse without AJ...smokin Joe maybe gio to lesser extent the real beneficiaries 

Eifert looking good out there at camp too.  If he can manage to keep that rickety body together, I’d expect a healthy dose of targets.  

Curious to hear more opinions on AJGs current value.    5th round I don’t think I’ll be able to pass on the upside. 

Edited by Impreza178

Posted (edited)

Dang, I was drafting when this was happening ysday afternoon.

I thought I was getting a good deal in a 10 team to have AJG in 5th round. Now I see I got punked.

He was my flex. Now I have to scramble.

Edited by zen25

20 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Dang, I was drafting when this was happening ysday afternoon.

I thought I was getting a good deal in a 10 team to have AJG in 5th round. Now I see I got punked.

He was my flex. Now I have to scramble.

Drafting in july....mock draft hopefully.

11 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Drafting in july....mock draft hopefully.

No, it is a real one, Money league ($50 buy in)

On topic, what round do you see him going now. Would you take him before 

1. Shepard

2. Fitzgerald

3. Kirk

4. Sutton

5. Watkins

6. Jones Detriot?

I suppose the move could be early 6th round. People who get their 2 rbs, 2 wrs and their flex, but waiting on qbs/tes.

Thats when i would make the move.