1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

Yahoo! just updated his status to questionable. Hmmm.....in a way I'm happy but at the same time I had to drop a player so I can make a move on waivers tomorrow.

That’s def good news.    They’re saying he has a real shot to play this week. 

Who's firing up this cat if he plays? Depends on Jalen's status?

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

I’m.

The End.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

After seeing how anemic Cincy was and how the Jags shut down NO without Ramsey...  it’s a tough ask your first week back.

Lets see what the vibe is around Green this week.   My flex spot has been lonely...

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

After seeing how anemic Cincy was and how the Jags shut down NO without Ramsey...  it’s a tough ask your first week back.

Lets see what the vibe is around Green this week.   My flex spot has been lonely...

Jags defense hasn’t even been that good this season. Just gave up 34 to the Panthers and 24 to Denver. They had a solid game plan against the Saints.

Ill probably worry a little if Ramsey is back. They’re a different team with him.

In standard Jags are ranked 20th against WRs. So I’m most likely throwing Green in my lineup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Jags defense hasn’t even been that good this season. Just gave up 34 to the Panthers and 24 to Denver. They had a solid game plan against the Saints.

Ill probably worry a little if Ramsey is back. They’re a different team with him.

In standard Jags are ranked 20th against WRs. So I’m most likely throwing Green in my lineup.

That’s with Ramsey out almost all season.  They’re coming around and with Jalen it’s a stout unit.    

Obviously it depends on who you get as your options. With bye weeks for me it is Green or Auden Tate. Seems like an overwhelmingly easy decision deciding which Bengals WR to play.

As long as Green gets snaps he will be fine. He's had Dolton as his QB for damn near a decade it's not like there will be chemistry or timing issues. The only concern is if he is limited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

As long as Green gets snaps he will be fine.

Agree.  I'd go as far as saying that he will go right to being the #1 and playing every down when he returns. 

With their record and state of the team, there's zero reason to rush him back until he's 100% healthy.  He's been taking his sweet time coming back as it is, with his original return timeline being like week 3.  It's a month after that now.

10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Obviously it depends on who you get as your options. With bye weeks for me it is Green or Auden Tate. Seems like an overwhelmingly easy decision deciding which Bengals WR to play.

As long as Green gets snaps he will be fine. He's had Dolton as his QB for damn near a decade it's not like there will be chemistry or timing issues. The only concern is if he is limited.

right. and if he's limited, he wouldn't be suiting up in the first place. if he gets the green light, i think he's an automatic start (barring better options- but frankly, i doubt anyone you'd replace him with would have the upside of a top 10 wr...when healthy).

Really hoping for good news as the week develops, as half my starters are on bye.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Said he wouldn't come back unless he's 100%. Assuming that's the case who wouldn't?

23 minutes ago, cerdo said:

right. and if he's limited, he wouldn't be suiting up in the first place. if he gets the green light, i think he's an automatic start (barring better options- but frankly, i doubt anyone you'd replace him with would have the upside of a top 10 wr...when healthy).

Really hoping for good news as the week develops, as half my starters are on bye.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

giphy.gif

He replaces Boyd or Woods for me without hesitation.

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

That’s with Ramsey out almost all season.  They’re coming around and with Jalen it’s a stout unit.    

Thomas had a decent game against Boye last week, not a blow up game but 86 yards isn't gonna make anyone run to the vent and rant thread.

2 schools of thought if Ramsey plays - from a pure numbers prospective he's a fade.  From a narrative prospective though, both players will be rusty, but Green will have a ton if motivation to perform well, for his next contract against a corner who embarrassed him into a fight that got them both kicked out the last time they went against each other.  It's an interesting dynamic to say the least.

I'd be shocked if he suits up this week. I still think the most likely outcome is he sits til he's traded or extended. 

Guess we don't need to worry about Jalen Ramsey this week.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For those of you who use Yahoo, if we already put in pending waiver claims before Green was changed from Out to Questionable, do you know if those claims will still go through even though Green wouldn't be eligible for the IR spot already?

Just now, ZappB said:

For those of you who use Yahoo, if we already put in pending waiver claims before Green was changed from Out to Questionable, do you know if those claims will still go through even though Green wouldn't be eligible for the IR spot already?

Nope.

Cut your kicker and put Green in an active spot.

• Like 3

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Nope.

Cut your kicker and put Green in an active spot.

Are you sure on this? I read from some folks during the Tevin Coleman injury that if you put them in while they're out they'd still go through. I never did it myself but I'm very curious for future reference.

Just now, vercrazy said:

Are you sure on this? I read from some folks during the Tevin Coleman injury that if you put them in while they're out they'd still go through. I never did it myself but I'm very curious for future reference.

I'm like 98% sure.

If you've got a guy who can be cut I'd do it just to err on the safe side.

22 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm like 98% sure.

If you've got a guy who can be cut I'd do it just to err on the safe side.

Thanks, I also checked earlier in this thread and around pages 8-9 others were saying the same - for Yahoo, looks like if we leave Green on IR, we can still move people in and out of our benches, but we can't make any additions until Green is moved back into the regular bench.

1 hour ago, ZappB said:

Thanks, I also checked earlier in this thread and around pages 8-9 others were saying the same - for Yahoo, looks like if we leave Green on IR, we can still move people in and out of our benches, but we can't make any additions until Green is moved back into the regular bench.

This is how it worked for me last year on yahoo. With an active guy in IR I could still adjust my lineup but not add/drop anyone. Haven’t done that this year though

Edited by owenmills

5 hours ago, ZappB said:

This is correct.