1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

33 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Today and tomorrow practices will be telling but after practicing limited last week and running routes before the game Sunday if he goes backwards this week with no explanation that’ll be super bizarre

Exactly.

If he's still sidelined today, no limited participation, I'll legit start to wonder if he's playing. Up until now I've been nothing but optimistic and they've just played it extra cautious. The "want him to play more games than not" comment yesterday is the most information they've given us. Hopefully that means he gets an LP today

I know it has been brought up here, but what are the beat guys doing in Cincy? Get to the bottom of this!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neauxls said:

Exactly.

If he's still sidelined today, no limited participation, I'll legit start to wonder if he's playing. Up until now I've been nothing but optimistic and they've just played it extra cautious. The "want him to play more games than not" comment yesterday is the most information they've given us. Hopefully that means he gets an LP today

It’s likely he’s dealing with a degree of soreness.   Whether it’s contract related 😏-  don’t know.   Wouldn’t surprise me to see a new deal announced followed by a FP and an active designation come Sunday.   

Not looking good for this weekend as we sit, unfortunately 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Today and tomorrow practices will be telling but after practicing limited last week and running routes before the game Sunday if he goes backwards this week with no explanation that’ll be super bizarre

he didn't run routes before the game sunday...was supposed to, but didn't as per above article.

• Thanks 1

Yep, starting to have no hope for him coming back.  Hoping Green Bay gets on the line at this point.

14 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

spacer.png

it’s too bad this guy went so far over the deep end.   He really could have had a second career from GIFs alone.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Yep, starting to have no hope for him coming back.  Hoping Green Bay gets on the line at this point.

Patriots, seems perfect if he’s healthy. 

Yeah at this point sounds like he doesn’t want to play until he either gets traded or a new contract. How many weeks has it been since his surgery? Hasn’t it been an extra like month of recovery than he originally predicted?

35 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I think you can pretty much qualify this as a hold out at this point.

aENcOO5.jpg

38 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I think you can pretty much qualify this as a hold out at this point.

Agreed.... question is how long would you hold? What week would you cut ties with no news of advancement towards playing (deal, trade). This fool burning a bench spot and I've missed out on some WW players between AJG, Hunt and other injuries this season (Barkley, HH)

4 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Agreed.... question is how long would you hold? What week would you cut ties with no news of advancement towards playing (deal, trade). This fool burning a bench spot and I've missed out on some WW players between AJG, Hunt and other injuries this season (Barkley, HH)

you don’t cut him- period.   AJG and Cincy are saying the same things now as they have been-  not in a hurry,  don’t want to make the same mistake as last season coming back too soon.   Zach Taylor even mentioned the week after their bye as a target date recently.  

I would love to have AJG in my lineup this week same as everyone here...but it was a longshot.   If you must free up a roster spot-  trade him .

Edited by Impreza178

1 minute ago, elpursuit said:

That would be awful. 

Not ideal but better than wasting on my bench. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

you don’t cut him- period.   AJG and Cincy are saying the same things now as they have been-  not in a hurry,  don’t want to make the same mistake as last season coming back too soon.   Zach Taylor even mentioned the week after their bye as a target date recently.  

I would love to have AJG in my lineup this week same as everyone here...but it was a longshot.   If you must free up a roster spot-  trade him .

Well yes of course I'm going to hold as long as possible, I'm not dropping just because he's not playing this week. I'm asking what's your breaking point? What if it's week 10 and no advancement toward playing? Week 12?

I'm hoping we have more news than what we've had by then, but if hypothetically we don't?

Edited by trolltoll

27 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

Well yes of course I'm going to hold as long as possible, I'm not dropping just because he's not playing this week. I'm asking what's your breaking point? What if it's week 10 and no advancement toward playing? Week 12?

I'm hoping we have more news than what we've had by then, but if hypothetically we don't?

Man...I don’t want to think about that haha.  

probably week 12.   But I could be convinced a week earlier or later depending on what the narrative is.

52 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I'd probably hold him forever, honestly, unless there's some set back or something that makes it very likely he'll not play at all this season.  I can't ever imagine a situation where he'd be literally the last guy on my bench where I could feel like I could drop him.  The upside is huge.

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

I'd probably hold him forever, honestly, unless there's some set back or something that makes it very likely he'll not play at all this season.  I can't ever imagine a situation where he'd be literally the last guy on my bench where I could feel like I could drop him.  The upside is huge.

Championship week return?

10/160/2 

🍾 🥂 

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Man...I don’t want to think about that haha.  

probably week 12.   But I could be convinced a week earlier or later depending on what the narrative is.

Lol yeah I don't either, but I only pose that question because of the way the news has been so far through 6 weeks. Can't recall of many situations in the past like this where we expected someone to play recovering from an injury and then just barely have any news on the situation where all we get is vague non-answers. Definitely don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for the situation to still be similar around the week 10-12 timeframe. I seriously hope not though. 

• Like 1

Sit tight ppl.

NE will do whatever it takes to win it's 7th ring with Brady before he retires.

It's happening soon.

Just now, Pooskay said:

Sit tight ppl.

NE will do whatever it takes to win it's 7th ring with Brady before he retires.

It's happening soon.

I'd almost rather him never play this season than trying to predict when to play him in NE. 

• Like 1