1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, pdizzle710 said:

FWIW from same dude who said AJ would be out until week 10 (looking likely):

They have far and away the most cap space.

From a real football standpoint he would probably help the Colts tremendously, but that would really hurt his (and Hilton’s) fantasy value.  Brisset isn’t good enough, and there is not enough volume in that passing offense to support two top WRs.

28 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I'd almost rather him never play this season than trying to predict when to play him in NE. 

trying to predict when to play him in NE? huh?

if healthy, he's a set and forget with brady slingin the pig to him and hoody scheming ways to get him the damn pig in the background.

he's a set and forget auto start, barring injury. 

16 minutes ago, cerdo said:

trying to predict when to play him in NE? huh?

if healthy, he's a set and forget with brady slingin the pig to him and hoody scheming ways to get him the damn pig in the background.

he's a set and forget auto start, barring injury. 

I don't agree.

I believe that the second coming of Randy Moss that everyone hopes for when an elite WR goes to NE is not going to happen anymore. Brady is old and they don't play that style anymore slinging a bunch of deep passes.

What has Gordon done in NE? The dude that killed it in Cleveland with 3-4 different QB's in one season and would have 150 pages on his outlook thread in this forum of fanboys waiting for his return and not to fck it up with failing drug tests? Yes, that talented WR named Gordon that people barely consider starting anymore even when healthy. BB is the most hardcore schemer to a teams weaknesses in defense. You don't think there would be games where AJ is used more as a decoy to pull the top corners? I can't see Brady forcing him the ball when there are so many options on the team, unlike in CIN or somewhere else. He is just *one* more weapon for hoody to utilize however he chooses to scheme to win a game, not *the* weapon. 

I think Edelman is the only safe bet on that team to set and forget with his short routes. AB had a decent first game, but that's a one game sample size.

Sure AJ would have some good games, but not as many in CIN or somewhere else and I definitely think he would have some duds, hence trying to predict when to play him. 

Edited by trolltoll
  • Like 1

disagree...AJ's route running is far superior than Josh Gordon's and I think he would have massive success in this offense (both short and intermediary passes)

Edited by kdpat15

5 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

disagree...AJ's route running is far superior than Josh Gordon's and I think he would have massive success in this offense (both short and intermediary passes)

Welp time will tell if it happens. Sounds like a lot of you are really hoping for NE. I just don't see it. 

• Like 1

Just now, trolltoll said:

Welp time will tell if it happens. Sounds like a lot of you are really hoping for NE. I just don't see it. 

agree but I don't really want him in NE..would prefer to see him in NO or GB if I had to choose lol

• Like 1

I'm having a hard time wiping my eyes in disbelief at some of the comments here.

AJ Green is going to have a hard time being a functional receiver with pop gun armed QBs like Jacoby Brissett and (lol) Tom Brady?

Have we been watching the same guy?  The one who has only had Andy Dalton throw to him his whole professional career?

I don't exactly think he has proven himself to be a boom or bust option who only catches balls 80 yards downfield.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm having a hard time wiping my eyes in disbelief at some of the comments here.

AJ Green is going to have a hard time being a functional receiver with pop gun armed QBs like Jacoby Brissett and (lol) Tom Brady?

Have we been watching the same guy?  The one who has only had Andy Dalton throw to him his whole professional career?

I don't exactly think he has proven himself to be a boom or bust option who only catches balls 80 yards downfield.

FF is situational AF no matter how good AJG is. I'm arguing against NE due to 1) amount of weapons 2) will generally be playing in the lead 3) and BB game schemes playing into defenses weaknesses (NE is not one-dimensional). I know that AJG is a great possession receiver and not just some deep threat, but I was assuming that some hoping for NE are expecting a randy moss 2.0 because otherwise I don't personally see why there's excitement for NE.

Dalton and the Cincinnati situation is a great for WR's for FF purposes. Almost always playing from behind meaning they will almost always be throwing the ball. He's not a great real QB but he'll provide volume and also try to force the ball to AJG. Brady is 100x better than Dalton, but I can't see Brady trying to force the ball to AJG and there's going to be other negative factors in play for AJG FF value purposes in NE. Look at some of the monster games John Ross and Tyler Boyd had this season and neither of them are AJG skill-wise. 

Regarding NE and Colts, I'd much rather see him goto the colts. 

I don't think my opinion is that far out, but to each their own. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I don't agree.

I believe that the second coming of Randy Moss that everyone hopes for when an elite WR goes to NE is not going to happen anymore. Brady is old and they don't play that style anymore slinging a bunch of deep passes.

What has Gordon done in NE? The dude that killed it in Cleveland with 3-4 different QB's in one season and would have 150 pages on his outlook thread in this forum of fanboys waiting for his return and not to fck it up with failing drug tests? Yes, that talented WR named Gordon that people barely consider starting anymore even when healthy. BB is the most hardcore schemer to a teams weaknesses in defense. You don't think there would be games where AJ is used more as a decoy to pull the top corners? I can't see Brady forcing him the ball when there are so many options on the team, unlike in CIN or somewhere else. He is just *one* more weapon for hoody to utilize however he chooses to scheme to win a game, not *the* weapon. 

I think Edelman is the only safe bet on that team to set and forget with his short routes. AB had a decent first game, but that's a one game sample size.

Sure AJ would have some good games, but not as many in CIN or somewhere else and I definitely think he would have some duds, hence trying to predict when to play him. 

picking spots for AJG is a fool's errand. set and forget. you don't sit a healthy AJG. 

2 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

Dear god, I hope so. Plus the Colts have had their bye week. This would be a great landing spot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

FF is situational AF no matter how good AJG is. I'm arguing against NE due to 1) amount of weapons 2) will generally be playing in the lead 3) and BB game schemes playing into defenses weaknesses (NE is not one-dimensional). I know that AJG is a great possession receiver and not just some deep threat, but I was assuming that some hoping for NE are expecting a randy moss 2.0 because otherwise I don't personally see why there's excitement for NE.

Dalton and the Cincinnati situation is a great for WR's for FF purposes. Almost always playing from behind meaning they will almost always be throwing the ball. He's not a great real QB but he'll provide volume and also try to force the ball to AJG. Brady is 100x better than Dalton, but I can't see Brady trying to force the ball to AJG and there's going to be other negative factors in play for AJG FF value purposes in NE. Look at some of the monster games John Ross and Tyler Boyd had this season and neither of them are AJG skill-wise. 

Regarding NE and Colts, I'd much rather see him goto the colts. 

I don't think my opinion is that far out, but to each their own. 

I honestly don't care where he plays as long as it isn't some hopelessly run heavy scheme like the Vikings.  He's AJ Green.  If it weren't for him Andy Dalton would have carried a clipboard.  QB ability or diversification of passing offense isn't an issue.

I just want him to play.

2 minutes ago, cerdo said:

picking spots for AJG is a fool's errand. set and forget. you don't sit a healthy AJG. 

Yes I guess I should say I partially agree as it depends on who you have for WR's. I also have Thielen and Godwin, so yeah, AJG would fall down to my third option IF I'm not feeling the situation of the team he's playing for (NE). 

Apparently he and jalen ramsey are afflicted with the same type of injury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I honestly don't care where he plays as long as it isn't some hopelessly run heavy scheme like the Vikings.  He's AJ Green.  If it weren't for him Andy Dalton would have carried a clipboard.  QB ability or diversification of passing offense isn't an issue.

I just want him to play.

Agreed, would be amazing to have him playing no matter what situation turns out. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

Out until week 10 sounds dead on but the Colts, yikes. Might be the worst landing spot of all the potentials mentioned. That or Buffalo. 

48 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

Exactly. To think Green won't feast on NE is absurd. AB did after being with the team like three days. NE would be one of the better landing spots. 

In terms of how long do you hold, unfortunately it's all year. Barring an announcement that he's done. Even beyond the trade deadline there's always the chance they extend him and he immediately plays. Although I see that as unlikely. 

• Like 1

Ramsey and now AJ doing the holdout while getting paid, cue the Eddie Murphy gif

3 hours ago, trolltoll said:

Agreed.... question is how long would you hold? What week would you cut ties with no news of advancement towards playing (deal, trade). This fool burning a bench spot and I've missed out on some WW players between AJG, Hunt and other injuries this season (Barkley, HH)

Truthfully, with all the rumors that he's close to coming back, I'm not dropping. 

Problem with a player in this situation is that if someone else had him and drops him, I'm ditching the end of my bench guy to pick him up. So if I drop him, I *know* he'll get scooped up. Then I might get stuck facing him in the playoffs when he's 100% and balling out. 

Other problem with a player in this situation is that he's not tradable for anything of value (i.e. anything beyond WW bait). So it's not like I can ship him to another team for anything more than what I can pick up on the wire. 

Finally, the benefit of holding is that after the bye, it's not like he's got some murderer's row schedule. Weeks 14-17 (FF playoffs) he gets Cleveland twice and Miami once. You want to drop him now or soon, when he might be facing that slate when you need him most? 

No... AJ is too valuable to drop, too injured to trade, but potentially a league winner if you're already a contender and he is back and 100% when you hit the playoffs. Gotta hold this one indefinitely. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Ramsey and now AJ doing the holdout while getting paid, cue the Eddie Murphy gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Dear god, I hope so. Plus the Colts have had their bye week. This would be a great landing spot.

I disagree.  They are more than a talented but aging injury-prone WR away. Doesn't anyone else remember the Andre Johnson fiasco? 

And isn't all this moot? Last I heard Cincy had zero interest in moving Green. It's like some sports hack made it up and suddenly everyone thinks it's happening. ?