1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

18 minutes ago, bomont said:

I disagree.  They are more than a talented but aging injury-prone WR away. Doesn't anyone else remember the Andre Johnson fiasco? 

And isn't all this moot? Last I heard Cincy had zero interest in moving Green. It's like some sports hack made it up and suddenly everyone thinks it's happening. ?

I mean he's not playing right now so it is all moot. I couldn't care less where he ends up at this point. I could use a WR not on a week 9 bye with his talent. At least a bye week stash.

7 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Hopefully Yahoo puts him as "Out" now.

Ditto but probably won’t happen till Saturday or Sunday. 

Any chance the raiders get in on this guy? Mahomes just got hurt. They are only 1 game back. 

21 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Any chance the raiders get in on this guy? Mahomes just got hurt. They are only 1 game back. 

They just traded for Zay Jones.

They've got cap space, but I dunno if they'll want to take the dive on AJ as a one year rental the year before they move to Vegas.

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

They just traded for Zay Jones.

They've got cap space, but I dunno if they'll want to take the dive on AJ as a one year rental the year before they move to Vegas.

Would love this as a Raider fan. When healthy, would be the true # 1 they need opposite Tyrell.

1 minute ago, pdizzle710 said:

Would love this as a Raider fan. When healthy, would be the true # 1 they need opposite Tyrell.

It'd be a good fit for AJ's fantasy prospects.

Carr's been accurate on the short ones, line is playing well, defense has to respect Jacobs, Waller and Williams (when he's on the field).

IDK if the circumstances will dictate it.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Carr's been accurate on the short ones, line is playing well, defense has to respect Jacobs, Waller and Williams (when he's on the field).

Green could also utilize his deep ball skills as Carr has a pretty high accuracy percentage on deep balls thrown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I could see it as a dark horse. If mahomes is hurt for awhile that division is wide open. With Williams hurt right now they have renfroe and say jones... why not make a splash? 

• Like 2

The Raiders and Chucky would be really interesting. They have the complementary pieces there (Waller, Jacobs, Tyrell) to help him not get constantly double teamed.

I think that he could thrive there, and if they could scheme the offense around him (much like Brown), then it could really take off.

That's intriguing to me.

1 minute ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

The Raiders and Chucky would be really interesting. They have the complementary pieces there (Waller, Jacobs, Tyrell) to help him not get constantly double teamed.

I think that he could thrive there, and if they could scheme the offense around him (much like Brown), then it could really take off.

That's intriguing to me.

Thanks, thought of it all by myself 😎

2 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

That's intriguing to me.

If anyone could mess this up it would be the Raiders

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Honestly, I just want this dude to hurry his a** up and get back on the field.

Sick of being stuck in this state of limbo.

Edited by Bingo Bandanas

5 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

If anyone could mess this up it would be the Raiders

I get where you're coming from, but AJG is the antithesis of AB. They'd have to really double down on mishandling it.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

We think alike. I have been calling for it on Twitter and Instagram.

Well, the good news is we should know something in less than two weeks. With trade deadline coming we will know. He will either be somewhere else or he will need to suit up for the Bengals. Or he can continue to holdout, sorry continue to let his ankle "heal".

I know the team has sworn he's not going to be traded, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're shopping him around to gauge interest / value, and either the team, AJ himself, or an interested team prefers him to steer clear of anything too physical before a decision is made as to whether he's staying or not. Protects his value for all parties involved, really. 

Unfortunate for us AJ fantasy owners but I can see it being the case.

Edit: Not to mention the possibiltiy that AJ himself is simply holding out for a new contract before he suits up, regardless of where it is.

Edited by cbsholy
  • Like 1

I just wish they would've IRed him to start the year. That extra roster spot would've been nice

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I just wish they would've IRed him to start the year. That extra roster spot would've been nice

3dpf6y.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

3dpf6y.jpg

My league got rid of kickers. I was all for it but I do miss that extra emergency roster spot once in awhile

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

My league got rid of kickers. I was all for it but I do miss that extra emergency roster spot once in awhile

Kicker spots are more reliable than def spots.  Kickers rarely only give you 3 to 0 points unlike some defenses.

• Like 1