1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

idk if you guys know this, but, the Bengals are 3rd in the NFL in pass attempts. I feel like you want your receivers to be on a team that throws the ball a lot. 

Boyd does well for them, Green will do well for them

Would feel better if Cordy Glenn was playing.

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

what have people seen from Jimmy G this year that would make them think he's really good? He's been serviceable. I get it, ESPN praises him, he plays for a classic franchise, undefeated, some would say, handsome, but really, with how great the OC and run game is, Jimmy G should be putting up much better numbers

Seriously? You can argue that the offensive play calling is limiting Jimmy G but how can you argue he's only been servicable?

Jimmy G is 15th in rating, 13th in QBR, 4th in completion percentage, and 5th in net yards per attempt. The only stat he's low on is his interception percentage. And his best, if not only receiver is Kittle.

I'm not arguing he's been a world beater but you can't argue he's only been servicable either.

I'm a SF fan and if they get AJ Green they immediately become NFC front runners IMHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheWeasel said:

Seriously? You can argue that the offensive play calling is limiting Jimmy G but how can you argue he's only been servicable?

Jimmy G is 15th in rating, 13th in QBR, 4th in completion percentage, and 5th in net yards per attempt. The only stat he's low on is his interception percentage. And his best, if not only receiver is Kittle.

I'm not arguing he's been a world beater but you can't argue he's only been servicable either.

I'm a SF fan and if they get AJ Green they immediately become NFC front runners IMHO.

qbr fake stat

his interception percentage is very telling. Just dump it off to your rb's for christ's sake. Dont turn the ball over

san fran fan? I mean, you have a little bit of a bias view. Jimmy G has been serviceable. 15th in rating, high int percentage, with that o-line, that running game, the pass catching abilities of the RB's, the best play caller in Shanahan, and perhaps the best TE in the game.

• Like 2

Says injury still has a “ways to go”, This whole situation has been so vague

59 minutes ago, Chippa said:

qbr fake stat

his interception percentage is very telling. Just dump it off to your rb's for christ's sake. Dont turn the ball over

san fran fan? I mean, you have a little bit of a bias view. Jimmy G has been serviceable. 15th in rating, high int percentage, with that o-line, that running game, the pass catching abilities of the RB's, the best play caller in Shanahan, and perhaps the best TE in the game.

I admit I'm biased, never said I wasn't. Also can look at things objectively. 15th in rating is more than servicable. Above the likes of Wentz and Rodgers or are they just servicable now? His pass catching RBs are Breida 10 catches, Coleman 4 catches, and Mostert 4 catches - world beating. But yet hes 15th with the a receiving core consisting of Goodwin, Samuel, and Pettis. Yes Kittle is amazing but Jimmys still got to get gim the ball. At best any of the others would be 2wr on most teams if not 3wr. And I don't care if Shanny makes him better or the oline makes him better. He's clearly more than servicable at this point, on this team, with this cast. Thays all that matters.

And back on topic, give them AJ and his numbers would be fine because he would become 1A/B with Kittle when teams clearly can't plan to take him out of the game due to the rushing attack already in place.

But this isn't a Jimmy thred so I'm done arguing at this point.

Edited by TheWeasel
Typo

3 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

You're talking real football, we're concerned with fantasy. He's 21st in yards and he's thrown 7 TDs on the year. That's terrible from a fantasy perspective. This is a run first and second team with a good defense. Not a situation where AJ would flourish. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

13 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You're talking real football, we're concerned with fantasy. He's 21st in yards and he's thrown 7 TDs on the year. That's terrible from a fantasy perspective. This is a run first and second team with a good defense. Not a situation where AJ would flourish. 

I agree. Niners will only throw if they have to, and with the defense they have they will be forced to do so only rarely. 

If AJG were shipped there he would probably get 5-6 targets a game and put up Marvin Jones like numbers. But hey, better for him to play then burn a spot on my bench while my season starts to sink. 

4 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

Why are we spending so much time arguing over hypothetical scenarios? Almost no chance he ends up in either SF or Seattle.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't say "no chance" but pretty unlikely. My money is still on NE.

1 hour ago, bomont said:

I wouldn't say "no chance" but pretty unlikely. My money is still on NE.

That would surprise me too. Gordon won’t be out much longer, and Harry’s almost back too, so they don’t have as much of a need as people think. Taylor says Green isn’t going anywhere, and Green says he wants to stay too. We’ll see what happens, but odds are he’s staying IMO.

Gordon hasn't exactly dazzled and Harry's a rookie who is far from money in the bank too. I disagree, they have a real need.

2 minutes ago, bomont said:

Gordon hasn't exactly dazzled and Harry's a rookie who is far from money in the bank too. I disagree, they have a real need.

Yeah they have a huge need. And they think they have a need too, other wise they wouldn’t have gone after numb nuts Antonio Brown. AJ makes a ton of sense for them if he’s actually healthy. This situation is very odd IMO. I’m losing hope quickly. 

• Like 1

So not expected back until after the 29th.   That means week 10 at the earliest, and even then, can you start him right away? 

2 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

So not expected back until after the 29th.   That means week 10 at the earliest, and even then, can you start him right away? 

Why, because of the trade deadline? Don’t listen to all the idiots in this thread.  Unless I missed it, there has been nothing concrete suggesting he will he traded, or won’t be playing until after the deadline.  It’s all speculation, and it’s pointless.  IF he is traded, that’s when we should start discussing his value with a new team... because right now no one knows who that team would be.

They have a Week 9 bye, so obviously if he’s out next week he won’t be playing until Week 10.  This thread is getting ridiculous.  

I believe it’s mainly stemming from the incorrect timetable reported to begin with. Green came out and said a month ago he had no idea where reporters got that timetable. Yes, I think he’s being extra cautious... why wouldn’t he be? He rushed back last year and we saw what happened. He’s in a contract year on a team going nowhere. It’s in the interest of both parties to see him fully healed.

Is there a chance he gets traded? Yes. But the people in this thread seem to think it’s a foregone conclusion, and there have been no indications of this.  The Bengals aren’t the Dolphins.

Cant everyone just chill and wait for some solid news to come out?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

This has just gotten more and more strange over time.

Edited by nn4mz

I’m done, maybe he will be available to snag back in a couple weeks but I’ve had enough 

23 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Why, because of the trade deadline? Don’t listen to all the idiots in this thread.  Unless I missed it, there has been nothing concrete suggesting he will he traded, or won’t be playing until after the deadline.  It’s all speculation, and it’s pointless.  IF he is traded, that’s when we should start discussing his value with a new team... because right now no one knows who that team would be.

They have a Week 9 bye, so obviously if he’s out next week he won’t be playing until Week 10.  This thread is getting ridiculous.  

I believe it’s mainly stemming from the incorrect timetable reported to begin with. Green came out and said a month ago he had no idea where reporters got that timetable. Yes, I think he’s being extra cautious... why wouldn’t he be? He rushed back last year and we saw what happened. He’s in a contract year on a team going nowhere. It’s in the interest of both parties to see him fully healed.

Is there a chance he gets traded? Yes. But the people in this thread seem to think it’s a foregone conclusion, and there have been no indications of this.  The Bengals aren’t the Dolphins.

Cant everyone just chill and wait for some solid news to come out?

This moment of reason brought to you by @SkinsChargersFan

• Thanks 2

Reason is not needed when you’re trying to low. Whether traded or not, if you’re trying to get him for week 10 this is a great time to buy. He succeeded with Dalton and would in another system. Cooper showed a mid season trade can work out nicely , although history says otherwise. If you can buy low and not have to include anyone then your top bench guy and either the next man up or your worse starter and you have depth, then take a risk if you need it to win your league.   

This guy is obviously a frustrating pick.  But we knew that he was injured when he was drafted. Just didn't think that he would be out this long.  I wouldn't have held this long if my league didn't have the cheat IR spot.  What was frustrating is that he was listed questionable this week, which meant he had to be moved to my team's active roster.  And then of course now he is out again after just a day or two.  I'm guessing this will be the normal week scenario, so now he essentially will be a roster clogger.

15 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

He is a roster stash only at this point. 

Huh? He’s been a roster stash since day 1

now he’s just a bad roster stash

Edited by phisouza33

This reminds me of the Luck situation from 2017. He was supposed to miss a couple of weeks early in the season and then every week the return date got pushed back until eventually he was ruled out for the entire year.

What to do with Green depends on your situation. In one league I need him because my WR1 was supposed to be Brown. Green is my only chance to replicate that level of production. In the other league it's a shallow 8 teamer so you need meaningful difference makers and he qualifies when/if he returns. I'm 5-1 in both.

If you are fighting to make the playoffs, though, and can use that spot on someone valuable then you have to consider trading him to a top team or just cutting bait.

If AJ Green is out for week 8, will his “out” status remain through his bye week in Yahoo Leagues? I’m stashing him in the IR spot right now. He was “questionable” for most of this week before being labeled “out”