1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

The announcement, while a mere formality for those who could clearly read the writing on the wall, was still nice just to get confirmation. My concern is if he doesn't get traded how long this nonsense continues. 

Coach Zac Taylor wouldn't rule out A.J. Green (ankle) for the team's Week 8 matchup against the Rams.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Green isn't expected to return until after the October 29 trade deadline. Taylor wouldn't rule out Green suiting up Sunday against the Rams, but noted that the team won't roll him out there until the stud WR is able to practice full go. It seems very unlikely that we see Green this week against Jalen Ramsey and company. Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate and Alex Erickson will continue to work in 3-WR sets as long as AJG remains sidelined.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Coach Zac Taylor wouldn't rule out A.J. Green (ankle) for the team's Week 8 matchup against the Rams.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Green isn't expected to return until after the October 29 trade deadline. Taylor wouldn't rule out Green suiting up Sunday against the Rams, but noted that the team won't roll him out there until the stud WR is able to practice full go. It seems very unlikely that we see Green this week against Jalen Ramsey and company. Tyler Boyd, Auden Tate and Alex Erickson will continue to work in 3-WR sets as long as AJG remains sidelined.

Image result for here we go again

• Like 1

This is just another way in tell the other NFL teams that he is healthy enough to play without restrictions and ready to be traded.

This is when it gets really frustrating holding onto Green. Before when he was declared "out" throughout the week, it was no big deal if you have an IR spot in your league. But now his status is changing from out to either doubtful or questionable before waivers process. So, in order to make any moves, you have to drop a player and move Green on your active roster. It pretty much handicaps your ability to make moves without sacrificing dropping other players from your roster.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

This is when it gets really frustrating holding onto Green. Before when he was declared "out" throughout the week, it was no big deal if you have an IR spot in your league. But now his status is changing from out to either doubtful or questionable before waivers process. So, in order to make any moves, you have to drop a player and move Green on your active roster. It pretty much handicaps your ability to make moves without sacrificing dropping other players from your roster.

AJ should realize this and just play! 🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Not sure about other leagues, but if you put in waiver claim before the status change, the move will still go through in Yahoo. You just can't add from FA. At least that's how it used to be. But yeah, this is really frustrating to say the least.

• Thanks 1

With all the Jeffery/Wentz drama and Sanu going to the Pats, makes a lot of sense for PHI to trade for Green.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Not sure about other leagues, but if you put in waiver claim before the status change, the move will still go through in Yahoo. You just can't add from FA. At least that's how it used to be. But yeah, this is really frustrating to say the least.

Really? You've tired this and know 100%? I figured doing this the waiver wouldn't process but wasn't sure.

21 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Really? You've tired this and know 100%? I figured doing this the waiver wouldn't process but wasn't sure.

I know it worked last year and I've seen others in my league add players this way this year. I put in my claim already. It only checks the legality of the slot at time of claim. The claim will be processed because either there was an open roster spot when you submitted the claim or you've added a drop at time of claim. It doesn't check to see if your IR spot is legal after the status change. But if the status has changed and you try this it will force you to drop two players. One to move your IR player to the bench and the other to add space for your waiver claim. I would assume AJ is not playing until Week 10, so it really sucks that we have to deal with this, considering the Bengals suck. It's not like there needs to be gamesmanship here when you are one of the worst teams in the league. But I guess these fantasy sites only go off what the team is saying.

Edited by FitzMagic

Seems to me that if a guy was out Sunday they should at least wait for a practice status on Wednesday (or Tue for Th night games) before changing an injury tag.

37 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

With all the Jeffery/Wentz drama and Sanu going to the Pats, makes a lot of sense for PHI to trade for Green.

Hoping Antonio Brown ends up there actually. For free. Eagles are cheap.

41 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

It doesn't work that way with trades, though - at least that's what the dude at Yahoo told me when I emailed them about it. According to him, it didn't make a difference that the offer was accepted while Adams in my IR spot was still listed as being out, nor the fact that the trade was opening up a spot for him on my bench regardless. I had to drop someone from my existing (full) roster in order to take Adams off of the IR first, and then that would allow for the trade to process as normal. Otherwise, the system would've canceled it.

I know that that's not what you guys are talking about here, but it's just something to keep in mind for the future if you ever run into the same issue that I did so that you can be prepared for it.

Edited by stigmatadiacory

Let’s not kid ourselves.

The man would be out there if the Bengals had even a fighting chance.

My team sucks (Because Dalton sucks), and now my fantasy team isn’t hitting as hard, and I have Green.  It would be a major boost.

I don’t even know how I have a 5-2 record right now.  I think I just got lucky playing people on their worst weeks.

Just think the Falcons got a second rd pick for 30 year old Sanu, with that trade, Cincy deserves 2 1st rds for Green. lol. Either play this guy or let him go to a contender already

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Just think the Falcons got a second rd pick for 30 year old Sanu, with that trade, Cincy deserves 2 1st rds for Green. lol. Either play this guy or let him go to a contender already

That was a crazy valuation. I initially thought a 2nd might be enough to snag 31 year old Green coming off 2 injuries. Guess the WR market is much better than the RB market this year by a wide margin.

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

That was a crazy valuation. I initially thought a 2nd might be enough to snag 31 year old Green coming off 2 injuries. Guess the WR market is much better than the RB market this year by a wide margin.

It’s because Sanu is dirt cheap. Aj green comes with a huge cap hit, I doubt the bengals get a 2nd for him. More likely to be a 3rd. 

• Thanks 1

Emmanuel Sanders traded to SF. Seems like another potential suitor out of the running.

Who we looking at now? Saints, Packers, Eagles? Honestly, I'd take any of those 3, and probably prefer any of those over the current Cincinnati situation. I know staying on the Bengals would mean lots of passing and garbage time, but I feel they'd be quick to shut it down with the team looking horrendous.

* Not REAL*

And out of nowhere the Raiders acquire A.J. Green from Cincy for the 3rd they received from the Gareon Conley trade...one can dream can't he?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

Eagles are the only realistic destination but i am not sure if they are willing to pay the market price. It has to be atleast a 2nd round pick ? 

if Sanu, a career number 3, was worth a 2nd round pick, AJ Green is at least worth a 1st rounder

Edited by Chippa