1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If he’s active for Cincy, he’s active for me.   The guy is ready 

So is my body. Ready for all of this.

what is everyone's thoughts? Brought back as part time player first game back from long layoff due to injury? Or, since he was out for a long tine to get to 100%, they run him full throttle?

5 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Starting with confidence. 😳

Absolutely

Just now, TheFantasyFootballGods said:

Im gonna wait a week and see how it goes first

Scared money don't make money. HAHAHA!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If he’s active for Cincy, he’s active for me.   The guy is ready 

He's been practicing and will be fresh from not taking hits for 8 weeks. The QB change doesn't concern me. He starts for me and I hope that ankle holds up. Best late season addition we can hope for considering the cupboards are bare at this point.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

He's been practicing and will be fresh from not taking hits for 8 weeks. The QB change doesn't concern me. He starts for me and I hope that ankle holds up. Best late season addition we can hope for considering the cupboards are bare at this point.

the qb change does concern me— but volume and gameflow are the great equalizers.   He’s at least worth a flex   

Not feeling the same confidence as those of you ready to immediately fire him up, but it is starting to feel like an actual possibility that he can come back and be productive despite the QB change.  Love that he's still talking about wanting to be a Bengal long term, and while nobody seems to think he'll stay or that the Bengals want to pay him a lot it wouldn't shock me to see it happen.

Just not sure how you guys are confidently ready to fire him up without seeing if this QB is at least minimally NFL capable first and not the current version of Dwayne Haskins. 

Edited by CharlesCC2

This team will be down 21-0 right off the bat in most games with this new bum QB.  Which means they'll have to throw every play.  48 minutes of garbage time could lead to big passing numbers.  

• Like 1

We gonna pretend he's not just a WR3 right now given the current situation?

Honestly, the timing of this bye week is the perfect time, if any, for the QB switch. At least now, Ryan Finley will have two weeks to prepare with the first team, and keep in mind that the first team as a whole may be entirely new to him, so in that regard, AJ shouldn't be alone in getting his first few reps with Finley and vice versa.

I'm not saying "not" to temper expectations, but the timing of this switch to me means that not only will AJ benefit from an extra week of prep with the backup QB, but AJ won't be behind any teammates in prep or reps, since the backup QB is just beginning to practice with the first team. So in a sense, its Finley's first time taking reps with the first team offense, and from the get go, AJ will be there as the #1 option.

Just now, sSektor said:

That's where he fits in my lineup so no argument from me. I'm not claiming anything to the contrary. He's Robert Woods with a ton more upside ROS.

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Tyler Boyd is on pace for 100-1000 in that offense. Auden Tate has some nice games. John Ross had some nice games before he got hurt. 

The offense is super passer friendly. 

So the only "situation" is Finley vs. Dalton. So the question is whether the Bengals benched Dalton to tank or because maybe they think Finley can do as good/maybe better job. 

If Finley is as good as Dalton, Green is coming into a really good situation for any WR. 

12 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Noone holds a WR3 for 10 weeks. I'm pretending he's a WR1 until proven otherwise. And I'm good with that.

Top 10 WRs in my league and their QBs:

Michael Thomas: For most of the season, Teddy Bridgewater, and individual left for dead by everyone before the season started.

Cooper Kupp: Jared Goff, leading the league in passing yardage (yay) and higher INT rate than Joe Flacco (yay?)

Chris Godwin: Jameis, nuff said

Julio Jones: Matt's been pretty good.

DJ Chark: A mustache

Evans: See Godwin

Cooper: Dak's good

Diggs: Cousins, everyone was hating in September

Hopkins: Watson is a monster, admittedly

Edelman: See Watson

6/10 produce with guys who were not on fantasy rosters, or have spent significant time in the cellar this season, throwing to them.

If you continue down to WR2 you'll see WRs with QBs with names like Flacco, Trubisky, Keenum/Hopkins/McCoy, and Green's teammate Tyler Boyd.

Are you 100% convinced that Ryan Finley is so much worse than Andy Dalton that he has killed the value of a guy who has lived in the WR1 status for the better part of a decade?

This seems perplexing to me.  Dalton and Green had a great relationship.  But excluding one outlier season Dalton's TD totals have been 20, 27, 19, 25, 18, 25, and 21.  His career YPA is 7.1 and his completion percentage is 62.2.  It's like Tony Eason /Jim Everret type territory.

It ain't like he's going from filet mignonette to McDonalds guys.

It's basically lukewarm casserole to tuna surprise.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Are you 100% convinced that Ryan Finley is so much worse than Andy Dalton that he has killed the value of a guy who has lived in the WR1 status for the better part of a decade?

It ain't like he's going from filet mignonette to McDonalds guys.

It's basically lukewarm casserole to tuna surprise.

Preach.

• Thanks 1

rookie qb coming in week 9.....  and we really can’t understand why that’s potentially problematic?   Three and outs, picks,  inexperience running the offense, lack of audible/protection adjustments,  one read and panic....   

Its the rarest of things to have a rookie qb come in-  no matter how talented-  and not have a steep learning curve.      Overall ability is less important than experience in this case.   

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

rookie qb coming in week 9.....  and we really can’t understand why that’s potentially problematic?   Three and outs, picks,  inexperience running the offense, lack of audible/protection adjustments,  one read and panic....   

Its the rarest of things to have a rookie qb come in-  no matter how talented-  and not have a steep learning curve.      Overall ability is less important than experience in this case.   

... not to mention the Dalton/AJ throwmance was as epic as any in recent memory.   there was luv.  a connection. horseplay in the locker room. trips to BWW. a shared affinity for Russ Meyer flix. 

kismet, if you will ....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

"Potentially problematic" I understand.

Guarantees of WR3 value?  Nope.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

There is always slight concern with QB changes mid-season. However, I am pretty comfortable with it considering they have two weeks to prepare and work together before hitting the field. That's if AJ does indeed start playing Week 10. His (Finley's) strength is intermediate routes. So I think if he can hit those and let AJ do the rest it will be fine.

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... not to mention the Dalton/AJ throwmance was as epic as any in recent memory.   there was luv.  a connection. horseplay in the locker room. trips to BWW. a shared affinity for Russ Meyer flix. 

kismet, if you will ....

Dude, if I was an ok QB with a HoF WR I'd be targeting him on every play and taking him to Red Lobster every night too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Dude, if I was an ok QB with a HoF WR I'd be targeting him on every play and taking him to Red Lobster every night too.

dem bibs, tho ...

🤓

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

dem bibs, tho ...

🤓

"Two words AJ. 

Cheddar. 

Biscuits. 

Put in the good word to Marv for me, 14 targets next week I promise."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm confused as to why AJ Green is not on the Saints. I was promised Brees not some dude that looks like he should be playing the jock in a high school movie. 

• Haha 4

Guys, this is easy.  Particularly, in 10-man or 12-man leagues.

You have him?

You play him.

The End.