1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

46 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

So we can drop now right? What chance do you give him or coming back this season. Even if you are in first and are preparing for playoffs and don’t care if he takes a roster spot, is he worth holding?

Yes, for the love of god drop this fool and let this pathetic thread die

• Like 1

Just now, phisouza33 said:

Yes, for the love of god drop this fool and let this pathetic thread die

Well, I mean I just want Yahoo to declare him out so he can rot on my IR.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

Man.

What a letdown.

I wish I knew what was really going on.

He's angling for a new contract.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Translation: "I cant go out there when I'm not on a new deal. It makes no sense for me to put myself in that situation to where I can have another time hurting (my financial future), just like I did my toe. It's all about making sure I'm taking care of myself first. Everything else comes after that."

Basically.

There is zero incentive for him to come back at this point. He doesn't have to put anything on tape for teams because his talent and stats speak for itself. He'll have all offseason to prove his health.

It's done folks. The idea of Green returning value and becoming that WR1 that was drafted in the 5th-6th round is now a pipe dream. 

Edited by nonstopfan

35 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

He's angling for a new contract.  

He needs to be angling for a new team, hopefully for his sake that’s what this S show is

33 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

I know it will depend on who pays him this off-season, but where do we think is this guy's dynasty value? Trying to decide if he'll be worth a 4th Round pick come next year

The guy has had a slew of lower extremity injuries over the last few years and he'll be 32 at the start of next season. Health aside and regardless of where he lands, he's at that age where he may lose a step, even in the rare case that he is fully healthy. Every season from here on out you're pushing your luck with father time by drafting him.  It becomes a risk you have to consider when drafting.

If you're talking about a first year start up dynasty, there's much better WR options in the early rounds. Not only for the long term, but even short term and in re-draft league's. 

1 hour ago, LionKid90 said:

So we can drop now right? What chance do you give him or coming back this season. Even if you are in first and are preparing for playoffs and don’t care if he takes a roster spot, is he worth holding?

I’m in first and I’m holding (With no IR spot) until he goes on IR... which I feel could be in the next week.  If I needed the roster spot I wouldn’t feel too bad dropping him though.

I’m proceeding as if he won’t come back, and thus, I made a trade to upgrade at WR today (I was previously hoping AJ would take that last spot).

At this point though, I’m only adding guys with upside who could possibly crack my playoff starting lineup. AJ fits that profile (small chance that it may be).  No one on my waiver wire does.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, timexsocialclub said:

This guy always seems to be hurt and puts up some major duds. When was his last stellar season?

he done.

He'd be a fool to suit up and play with no new deal. So he's proven himself to be intelligent. 

I'm in a Dynasty and will hold in anticipation of his being on a legitimate NFL football team next year.

As I've been saying throughout this thread - that is the best possible scenario.

2 hours ago, rag9876 said:

I know it will depend on who pays him this off-season, but where do we think is this guy's dynasty value? Trying to decide if he'll be worth a 4th Round pick come next year

Do what you want, but personally I’m done with this guy. Got tired of dealing with all his injuries the last few years, so released him into the draft this year. Then thought I was getting great value for him near the end of the 8th round, so bought in again. What an idiot I was. I’m done.

• Like 1

There's no way in hell I would touch this guy with a 10 foot pole in free agency if I'm a G.M. of an NFL franchise.

So because he doesn't have a new contract like he wants he's basically not going to honor this year's contract and not play because he says he's not 100% which no player is.

Players nowadays make me sick, if I was a fan of the Bengals I would want this p.o.s. gone yesterday.

He should wear a ski mask every time he cashes a game check, what a joke.

Haven't owned A.J. in a few years in fantasy because he always gets hurt it seemed. This year i guess he decided to take it to the next level.

• Like 3

The sad fact is they could have traded AJ months ago and both would be in a better place. I'm holding a bit more 'cause I can with an open bench spot. Why? Because the last insult to AJ owners that cut him in this whole fraked up journey would be "something" happens and AJ plays during the FF playoffs and some arse in your league picks him up and uses him against you. Once on IR, he's off my team as fast as I can click "cut."

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

There's no way in hell I would touch this guy with a 10 foot pole in free agency if I'm a G.M. of an NFL franchise.

So because he doesn't have a new contract like he wants he's basically not going to honor this year's contract and not play because he says he's not 100% which no player is.

Players nowadays make me sick, if I was a fan of the Bengals I would want this p.o.s. gone yesterday.

He should wear a ski mask every time he cashes a game check, what a joke.

Haven't owned A.J. in a few years in fantasy because he always gets hurt it seemed. This year i guess he decided to take it to the next level.

They’re 0-8 and just replaced AJ Dalton (the QB he has spent his entire career with) for Ryan Finley. What incentive does he have to play?

He’s made a personal risk analysis. The benefitS of him playing (coming off an injury) for an 0-8 team playing Ryan Finley are HIGHLY outweighed by the risks.

2 minutes ago, Blazer said:

The sad fact is they could have traded AJ months ago and both would be in a better place. I'm holding a bit more 'cause I can with an open bench spot. Why? Because the last insult to AJ owners that cut him in this whole fraked up journey would be "something" happens and AJ plays during the FF playoffs and some arse in your league picks him up and uses him against you. Once on IR, he's off my team as fast as I can click "cut."

They should have traded him. My guess is AJG’s history of love for the organization and city and his reputation as a loyal guy outweighed the reasonable decision to continue his career elsewhere where he’d he relevant and actually win games. Good for him though, loyalty to an organization to this level is basically unheard of nowadays.

28 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

You'd be the only one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

They’re 0-8 and just replaced AJ Dalton (the QB he has spent his entire career with) for Ryan Finley. What incentive does he have to play?

He’s made a personal risk analysis. The benefitS of him playing (coming off an injury) for an 0-8 team playing Ryan Finley are HIGHLY outweighed by the risks.

That's a despicable way at looking at it. Where's the honor for the fans or the team?

He's getting paid MILLIONS THIS YEAR to play football. It doesn't matter who the QB is or what their record is, if Green had any self respect he would want to help the team win some games.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

You'd be the only one.

I don't believe that. People take note what's going on in the league.

If you think every team will be lining up to overpay for a diva WR who quits on his team because all he's worried about is landing a huge contract you're wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

That's a despicable way at looking at it. Where's the honor for the fans or the team?

He's getting paid MILLIONS THIS YEAR to play football. It doesn't matter who the QB is or what their record is, if Green had any self respect he would want to help the team win some games.

Haahhahaaahhah...you think these guys give 2 $h!ts about honor?

Whether or not he plays is a risk reward decision, and right now he’s making the smart choice to protect his body and maximize his future financial gain. You’re fooling yourself if you pretend like you wouldn’t do the same...

Sucks for fantasy, but these guys aren’t playing fantasy...it’s their life, livelihood, and bodies on the line. 

• Like 1

I know one thing, Larry Fitzgerald wouldn’t milk an injury like AJ is. He should stop saying he wants to be like Larry, cause Larry Legend would never do that.

• Like 1

Keep in mind this is happening AFTER their bye week.

Personally, if it doesnt seem like hes playing next week by Thursday (add/drop deadline for my league), hes dropped.

9 hours ago, raidaz18 said:

But it’s not in the team’s best interest to win games. I totally agree, he is being paid to play the games. He was clearly hurt in the first 6 weeks or so as he was barely practicing. But it’s an entirely different ballgame for both him and the organization when they’re 0-6 or 0-7. They don’t even want him back for this year. I’m sure this is a fairly mutual decision.