1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

If this is a strategic way of holding out, it is very concerning for how future holdout players may handle theirs.

It's an amazing holdout because he is getting fully paid to do nothing.  Of course, it requires a legitimate injury with a nebulous recovery timeline, which is made easier in this case with Green having had surgery.

Even if Green does come back, can we really rely on the rookie QB?  I think he only threw 2 passes longer than 20 yards last week.  Not a very promising outlook for any of the Bungles pass catchers.

It's comical to me how the reports say things to the effect of, "he'll need to practice Friday to have a shot at playing this weekend." Lol. Umm, the chances of him playing this weekend are exactly zero. And the chances of him playing at all this year are around 5%. 

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's an amazing holdout because he is getting fully paid to do nothing.  Of course, it requires a legitimate injury with a nebulous recovery timeline, which is made easier in this case with Green having had surgery.

Even if Green does come back, can we really rely on the rookie QB?  I think he only threw 2 passes longer than 20 yards last week.  Not a very promising outlook for any of the Bungles pass catchers.

I'm only holding because of 2020 keeper value. I really have no expectations for this season even if he miraculously did get back on the field. He'd be a very easy drop for me in redraft. 

Imagine having this dude on your bench with no IR settings for the entire season. Basically playing a bench spot down. FF can be a cruel game sometimes.

26 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's comical to me how the reports say things to the effect of, "he'll need to practice Friday to have a shot at playing this weekend." Lol. Umm, the chances of him playing this weekend are exactly zero. And the chances of him playing at all this year are around 5%. 

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Imagine having this dude on your bench with no IR settings for the entire season. Basically playing a bench spot down. FF can be a cruel game sometimes.

Darkness has become me

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

This guy had us all fooled.  He deserves an academy award.

PR wise, this at least looks better for him than Gordon or Leveon Bell. Makes the Bengals look like fools for not trading him.

Really hope most people traded him after week 4 and realizing how garbage the Bengals were.

I can't believe I haven't dropped this dude yet....I've held this long I might as well keep him till the end. Horrible pick but I learned my lesson.

AJ Green is the Titanic and for some reason I'm still sitting on the main deck sipping on an Irish Coffee. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I can't believe I haven't dropped this dude yet....I've held this long I might as well keep him till the end. Horrible pick but I learned my lesson.

Me too but may drop for guice if he doesn't practice today.... 

I'm still waiting for his status to update on Yahoo to OUT so I can finally make some roster moves.  Thanks AJ.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

I'm still waiting for his status to update on Yahoo to OUT so I can finally make some roster moves.  Thanks AJ.

Yeah these late week rule outs suck. Just rule him out on Monday when you know he’s not gonna play, or IR him and get it over with. There’s no “competitive advantage” in waiting for an 0-9 team.

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Yeah these late week rule outs suck. Just rule him out on Monday when you know he’s not gonna play, or IR him and get it over with. There’s no “competitive advantage” in waiting for an 0-9 team.

Seriously.  Really for a team like this that should be tanking, everything should be put on the table ahead of time.  Why not have a "data breach" on a Tuesday afternoon that leads to the playbook showing up on the internet?

• Haha 1

My dude but i think ima have to drop. Sad day as he has been on my fantasy roster 4 years running. Wish people would stop complaining bout the wack IR thing. No way a player should be able to be put into the IR slot if he isnt on IR. Consider yourselves lucky as it is. Even if he comes back next week the only other great match up is against the Jets. Not gonna use him for playoffs against NE so what are we doing here?

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

My dude but i think ima have to drop. Sad day as he has been on my fantasy roster 4 years running. Wish people would stop complaining bout the wack IR thing. No way a player should be able to be put into the IR slot if he isnt on IR. Consider yourselves lucky as it is. Even if he comes back next week the only other great match up is against the Jets. Not gonna use him for playoffs against NE so what are we doing here?

giphy.gif

Your points are too valid.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

He's pretty much on IR for the season. So, it works.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Why not have a "data breach" on a Tuesday afternoon that leads to the playbook showing up on the internet?

Cincy execs reading this thread...

spacer.png

• Haha 1