1972Miamidolphins

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Do you really think he WON’T change that? 

👀

I absolutely do seeing as he WON'T step on the field

6 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

It felt like ripping a bandaid off when I dropped him.  Already over it.  Highly suggested.  

tenor.gif

• Like 1

He's done for the year.  He is not taking a chance on poor stats with a rookie qb with whom he has had hardly any reps against better defenses. Not worth the risk to perform poorly and hurt his next contract.  Enough teams and the Bengals themselves will buy into his name and previous production and offer a contract that will assume he comes back and performs the same.  No reason for him to change their mind for the worse with bad performances and no oline.  He has a smart agent.

• Like 4

Ahhh.... finally dumped. So cathartic. I feel a little lighter and have some extra bounce in my step. Feels so good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Ahhh.... finally dumped. So cathartic. I feel a little lighter and have some extra bounce in my step. Feels so good. 

Could not agree more. 

Partial keeper league, only reason I still have him. Drafted him late enough that I can keep him for next year, assuming he goes to a good offense...

33 minutes ago, jmog said:

Partial keeper league, only reason I still have him. Drafted him late enough that I can keep him for next year, assuming he goes to a good offense...

Same here. It's killing me not to drop him, but I could take him 8th round next year, if he's in a good situation of course. 

8 hours ago, trolltoll said:

Same here. It's killing me not to drop him, but I could take him 8th round next year, if he's in a good situation of course. 

I’m in same boat. If he goes to a really good team like Packers, Pats, Raiders, etc I could see him being 4th round pick. For that very reason I plan on keeping. 

ya know who wants this foo' to play? Stillers CB Joe Haden, that's who ... never was an elite WR1 so tormented and shutdown so consistently by man coverage - Haden f'n owned him back'na Brownie days. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Stangs02 said:

might be that time...

to drop? I been contemplating for weeks. I just cant do it. 

• Like 1

I would be shocked if the Bengals don't announce something about him not playing the rest of the season by this week or next.

Holding him every week is torture and wasting my IR spot while other guys could be had. Just need some CLOSURE! Cmon @Bengals  

It's very odd they aren't just IRing him at this point. Seems like he'd get what he wants and the Bengals could just stop answering questions and use the roster spot on someone else. Unless both parties are just waiting to get him back on the field for a low risk farewell game at the end of the season 

1 hour ago, RyanK said:

I would be shocked if the Bengals don't announce something about him not playing the rest of the season by this week or next.

Holding him every week is torture and wasting my IR spot while other guys could be had. Just need some CLOSURE! Cmon @Bengals  

The closure came already bro.  Look at their record and their QB.... 

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ya know who wants this foo' to play? Stillers CB Joe Haden, that's who ... never was an elite WR1 so tormented and shutdown so consistently by man coverage - Haden f'n owned him back'na Brownie days. 

Even in college Joe shut him down

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ZappB said:

This AJ Green saga feels like that Seinfeld episode where George keeps telling Susan's parents that he has a house in the Hamptons, and he drives them all the way there until he finally admits he doesn't have the house.  

Image result for house in the hamptons costanza"

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

to drop? I been contemplating for weeks. I just cant do it. 

I was debating it for a while, it really didnt hit me until I took a step back and analyzed the situation from Green's perspective:

- Wants a new contract

- Coming off an injury

- Team is 0-11 

- The QB he has years worth of rapport with has been benched. 

- If he plays with Finley at QB, they have little to no experience with each other and its highly unlikely that Green has any productive games for his standards, which doesnt help his case for a new contract.

- If he plays and posts bad tape for any reason (team sucks, no rapport with the young QB, etc) it hurts his value on a new deal

- If he plays and gets injured, he has just shot himself in the foot, massively hurting his earning potential on a new deal. Even if it's a minor injury, teams might think of him as injury prone, further sinking his perceived value. If it's a major injury, well theres no need to explain why that would sink his value.

- He's getting older. Another reason why theres no point in risking getting hurt

- He probably feels that hes proven enough on tape over the years to cement his value/warrant a team signing him in the event that he leaves Cincinnati. 

- If he stays in Cincinnati, he doesnt really need to prove anything to them as they know everything there is to know about him

- Multiple "setbacks" have occurred leading him to miss practice or games. This injury is well beyond what any initial timetable projected, by a landslide. Definitely wouldnt be a surprise of these are all phantom setbacks. 

- The possibility of contract negotiations / setbacks / maybe he wants a deal being done before he plays. 

There are a bunch of other reasons I cant recall but these are some of the reasons I felt comfortable dropping him a few weeks ago. Put plainly, I dont see any scenario in which Green playing is a sound business decision for Green himself. Now, the longer you wait to drop, the crappier your options become to replace him with. Personally, I just dont see at this point why it would be worth him playing. Yes, good game tape might help, but with the current team situation, a rookie QB hes never played with, the possibility of injury / reinjury, the good comes no where close to outweighing the bad, and this is probably his last payday. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Even in college Joe shut him down

epic shutdowns ... Haden f'n relished it 🤠

14 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Image result for house in the hamptons costanza"

first horse we ever owned was a nickel claimer from the old Suffolk Downs - we changed his name to Prickly Pete 🐎

... but he never got to run for us 😂 there was a reason he was in the shake, and Suffolk was filthy crook'd

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

I was debating it for a while, it really didnt hit me until I took a step back and analyzed the situation from Green's perspective:

- Wants a new contract

- Coming off an injury

- Team is 0-11 

- The QB he has years worth of rapport with has been benched. 

- If he plays with Finley at QB, they have little to no experience with each other and its highly unlikely that Green has any productive games for his standards, which doesnt help his case for a new contract.

- If he plays and posts bad tape for any reason (team sucks, no rapport with the young QB, etc) it hurts his value on a new deal

- If he plays and gets injured, he has just shot himself in the foot, massively hurting his earning potential on a new deal. Even if it's a minor injury, teams might think of him as injury prone, further sinking his perceived value. If it's a major injury, well theres no need to explain why that would sink his value.

- He's getting older. Another reason why theres no point in risking getting hurt

- He probably feels that hes proven enough on tape over the years to cement his value/warrant a team signing him in the event that he leaves Cincinnati. 

- If he stays in Cincinnati, he doesnt really need to prove anything to them as they know everything there is to know about him

- Multiple "setbacks" have occurred leading him to miss practice or games. This injury is well beyond what any initial timetable projected, by a landslide. Definitely wouldnt be a surprise of these are all phantom setbacks. 

- The possibility of contract negotiations / setbacks / maybe he wants a deal being done before he plays. 

There are a bunch of other reasons I cant recall but these are some of the reasons I felt comfortable dropping him a few weeks ago. Put plainly, I dont see any scenario in which Green playing is a sound business decision for Green himself. Now, the longer you wait to drop, the crappier your options become to replace him with. Personally, I just dont see at this point why it would be worth him playing. Yes, good game tape might help, but with the current team situation, a rookie QB hes never played with, the possibility of injury / reinjury, the good comes no where close to outweighing the bad, and this is probably his last payday. 

I agree with all of us from AJ's perspective... but this is why sports teams have their own medical team.  If the medical team clears you to play, you are playing.  If you choose not to play, then that is conduct detrimental to the team and you are suspended without pay.  This is how a professional sports team protects itself from discontents and malcontents.

In the case of Cincinnati, it's obvious that they 1) don't know how to use IR 2) hired DiCaprio from Catch Me If You Can to lead their medical team

f6d060b26b75ec4362112f957fe20bc1.jpg

• Like 1