tonycpsu

2019 MiLB Bench Coach Thread (TRIAL)

trying to trade for Lux at the moment in a 16 team dynasty forever keeper.

offered R Lewis and Sixto for Lux...you think it's enough?

Not enough context - in a vacuum it's fair, but it all depends on the other team's situation at SS/SP (and 2B given the potential loss of Lux) and whether or not that manager still believes in Royce (he's obviously a tough sell right now). Also, given that Lux will likely make his debut much sooner than Lewis/Sixto, it may also depend on the other manager's playoff window of contention.

But sure, in a vacuum the offer is fair.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:09 PM, larfboy said:

trying to trade for Lux at the moment in a 16 team dynasty forever keeper.

offered R Lewis and Sixto for Lux...you think it's enough?

I agree that you need to provide more information about the league, but I would say that is not enough to pry Lux away. It isn't a bad offer so I would make it and see what happens. I just wouldn't expect it to get accepted. 

Posted (edited)

I'm in a 5x5 redraft. OBP.

We have deep rosters and deep benches. 12 teams, but stashing Bo and Yordan helped my team a ton...is it time to stash Lux? I had a post in the main bc forum but just saw this thread and thought I'd ask it here.

C Carson Kelly*
1B Jose Abreu
2B Ozzie Albies
3B Matt Chapman
SS Trea Turner
CI Daniel Vogelbach
MI Bo Bichette
OF Yordan Alvarez
OF George Springer
OF Andrew Benintendi
OF Ronald Acuna Jr.
OF Shin-Soo Choo
UTL Scott Kingery

BN Renato Nunez, Garrett Cooper, Jose Osuna
IL Willson Contreras*, David Dahl

I know my offense is stacked, and Lux would be my new utility man with Kingery filling in (daily lineups) where needed (he's eligible at 3b, ss, and of in fantrax) so long as Lux hit the ground running. I could see Lux forcing the Dodgers' hands before September... also, never know when an injury may strike, so having that extra ammo stored away could help...esp. when I have a guy made of glass like Turner at SS.

Thoughts?

Edited by nlm

I’m in a dynasty league, 85 man roster (40 max major leaguers) 

offense OBP  RUNS HR  RBI  NSB 

PITCHING QS SVS ERA WHIP Ks

i have have to make some tough decisions in this upcoming draft and cut or keep a few of these guys. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated! 

This isn’t my full roster  just guys on the “bubble” 

Mlb Derek Fisher, franchy Cordero, Ronald Guzman, Roberto Perez, cervelli. zunino, Desmond, jake lamb. Orlando arcia. Yarbrough. Gallegos. Barraclough. Minter. Seth Lugo  Martin Perez  

Minors: beau burrows  riley pint  Jorge Guzman  Blake Rutherford  Kyle Lewis    Tyler Stephenson  Andrew knizner  nick Neidert  Luis Alexander basabe  seuly matias  yu Cheng  Taylor widener  

Notables that I’m def keeping. Joey Bart. Luis Urias. Hunter Greene. Jose Adolis Garcia. griffin Conine. Cole ragans. Chris Shaw.  Daniel Johnson. Adam kloffenstein. Justin Dunn. David Peterson. Thomas szapucki. Yusniel diaz. Jose Siri. Jorge Mateo. Jazz Chisholm. Jonathan India.   Monte Harrison. Corey Ray. Yadier Alvarez. Bobby dalbec. Jeter downs. Travis swaggerty. Daz Cameron. Mason Martin. 

I don’t expect anyone to analyze every single name here. Perhaps if someone has some insight or recommendations on one or more, feel free to reply!  I appreciate all info, good or bad. It all helps! 

Thank you! 

H

4 hours ago, Harrycubed said:

I’m in a dynasty league, 85 man roster (40 max major leaguers) 

offense OBP  RUNS HR  RBI  NSB 

PITCHING QS SVS ERA WHIP Ks

i have have to make some tough decisions in this upcoming draft and cut or keep a few of these guys. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated! 

This isn’t my full roster  just guys on the “bubble” 

Mlb Derek Fisher, franchy Cordero, Ronald Guzman, Roberto Perez, cervelli. zunino, Desmond, jake lamb. Orlando arcia. Yarbrough. Gallegos. Barraclough. Minter. Seth Lugo  Martin Perez  

Minors: beau burrows  riley pint  Jorge Guzman  Blake Rutherford  Kyle Lewis    Tyler Stephenson  Andrew knizner  nick Neidert  Luis Alexander basabe  seuly matias  yu Cheng  Taylor widener  

Notables that I’m def keeping. Joey Bart. Luis Urias. Hunter Greene. Jose Adolis Garcia. griffin Conine. Cole ragans. Chris Shaw.  Daniel Johnson. Adam kloffenstein. Justin Dunn. David Peterson. Thomas szapucki. Yusniel diaz. Jose Siri. Jorge Mateo. Jazz Chisholm. Jonathan India.   Monte Harrison. Corey Ray. Yadier Alvarez. Bobby dalbec. Jeter downs. Travis swaggerty. Daz Cameron. Mason Martin. 

I don’t expect anyone to analyze every single name here. Perhaps if someone has some insight or recommendations on one or more, feel free to reply!  I appreciate all info, good or bad. It all helps! 

Thank you! 

H

If you make this more concise you have a better chance of getting an answer. Who you are keeping doesn't matter. Clearly list the players you are struggling with as keepers and tell us how many you need to keep. Saying you need to cut some and keep some doesn't help us. Also, do not make an individual thread and post this type of stuff in this topic moving forward. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

If you make this more concise you have a better chance of getting an answer. Who you are keeping doesn't matter. Clearly list the players you are struggling with as keepers and tell us how many you need to keep. Saying you need to cut some and keep some doesn't help us. Also, do not make an individual thread and post this type of stuff in this topic moving forward. Thanks!

My apologies.  Just joined last night, still getting used to posting in particular threads.  I couldn’t find an appropriate post to reply to that seemed right, so I made a new topic. 

Sorry about the “too much” info, I tend to over explain things in the hope that context helps with more informed responses! 

Where/how should I post this (in a more concise post)? 

Thanks! 

H

3 hours ago, Harrycubed said:

My apologies.  Just joined last night, still getting used to posting in particular threads.  I couldn’t find an appropriate post to reply to that seemed right, so I made a new topic. 

Sorry about the “too much” info, I tend to over explain things in the hope that context helps with more informed responses! 

Where/how should I post this (in a more concise post)? 

Thanks! 

H

No problem. I moved your post to the MILB Bench Coach Thread, which is where we are posting now. Just post a clear question and hopefully you will get some advice. Don't post about who you are keeping because it doesn't really matter. Give a list of the prospects you are deciding between and how many you need to keep. You are also in a very deep league so I wouldn't expect there to be a wide audience for your question. Not many people are going to be able to help or care to help with a league that has 85 man rosters. I recommend searching the forum for some of the prospects on your bubble and see if any of them have a thread. I would also read up on the deep sleepers thread. 

On 8/9/2019 at 5:37 PM, nlm said:

I'm in a 5x5 redraft. OBP.

We have deep rosters and deep benches. 12 teams, but stashing Bo and Yordan helped my team a ton...is it time to stash Lux? I had a post in the main bc forum but just saw this thread and thought I'd ask it here.

C Carson Kelly*
1B Jose Abreu
2B Ozzie Albies
3B Matt Chapman
SS Trea Turner
CI Daniel Vogelbach
MI Bo Bichette
OF Yordan Alvarez
OF George Springer
OF Andrew Benintendi
OF Ronald Acuna Jr.
OF Shin-Soo Choo
UTL Scott Kingery

BN Renato Nunez, Garrett Cooper, Jose Osuna
IL Willson Contreras*, David Dahl

I know my offense is stacked, and Lux would be my new utility man with Kingery filling in (daily lineups) where needed (he's eligible at 3b, ss, and of in fantrax) so long as Lux hit the ground running. I could see Lux forcing the Dodgers' hands before September... also, never know when an injury may strike, so having that extra ammo stored away could help...esp. when I have a guy made of glass like Turner at SS.

Thoughts?

i probably would... it's 50/50 at best (IMO) that the dodgers call him up, but i'd probably rather have lux on my bench than osuna. osuna's getting run with pirates right now, but i think he's playing over his head and likely won't continue to produce fantasy worthy stats. who knows tho, juiced ball.. 

that being said, in the event an injury occurs, osuna provides PAs where lux may be useless.

12 hours ago, thezing1 said:

No problem. I moved your post to the MILB Bench Coach Thread, which is where we are posting now. Just post a clear question and hopefully you will get some advice. Don't post about who you are keeping because it doesn't really matter. Give a list of the prospects you are deciding between and how many you need to keep. You are also in a very deep league so I wouldn't expect there to be a wide audience for your question. Not many people are going to be able to help or care to help with a league that has 85 man rosters. I recommend searching the forum for some of the prospects on your bubble and see if any of them have a thread. I would also read up on the deep sleepers thread. 

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. 

Need to drop some of these guys for our draft in January 

dynasty league, 10 teams, 85 man roster 

batters OBP, NSB, r/hr/rbi

pitchers ERA/whip/Ks/QS/SVs

who should I def keep and who should I def drop?

beau burrows  Riley pint  Blake Rutherford  Kyle Lewis  Tyler Stephenson  nick neidert  Andrew knizner. Luis Alexander basabe. Seuly matias. Yu Chang. Taylor widener. 

Ive done some research and these guys are on my “bubble”. Any insight into any of them is appreciated! 

H

Posted (edited)

Have a question for the pitching gurus.  I apologize as it is pretty broad, but just looking for some general input.

Looking to add one more arm to my farm to monitor until the beginning of next season when we have to consolidate rosters.  Which one of this group would you take a lotto ticket on?

Michael Grove

Dean Kremer

Adam Kloffenstein

Edited by apap414

Posted (edited)

I'd go Kloff personally - best combination of frame/arsenal/bulldog mentality. All three are intriguing, but barring a trade Grove seems light years away from an MLB rotation (certainly in LA) and as for Kremer, while he probably has the best name recognition of the trio, O's SP prospects in general haven't panned out much in recent years and the slider/change-up have a long way to go to give him a true 3-4 pitch arsenal. Good luck!

EDIT - if you're looking for proximity though, it would have to go to Kremer, who might get a September call up and has a chance at a rotation spot at some point in 2020.

Edited by Dark One
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dark One said:

I'd go Kloff personally - best combination of frame/arsenal/bulldog mentality. All three are intriguing, but barring a trade Grove seems light years away from an MLB rotation (certainly in LA) and as for Kremer, while he probably has the best name recognition of the trio, O's SP prospects in general haven't panned out much in recent years and the slider/change-up have a long way to go to give him a true 3-4 pitch arsenal. Good luck!

EDIT - if you're looking for proximity though, it would have to go to Kremer, who might get a September call up and has a chance at a rotation spot at some point in 2020.

Thanks!  Other names who are intriguing include Denaburg, Akin, Holloway and Antoine Kelly but the three I posted interested me the most.

Anyone got a good source for news on September call-ups or is it just the usual twitter beat writers?  The boards have slowed down to a crawl so I'm not as confident in the call-up thread as I am early in the year.  

I got my eye on Tucker and Lux in particular as potential impact call ups.