Sign in to follow this  
DarinB300

Which IL drop for D Lamet?? whir

Team in sig. Have 3 IL spots: A Wood, Pablo, & Buxton, along with Thor on my roster. With D Lamet close to returning, who is my drop:

Alex Wood - good arm, but experienced some back pain yesterday & didn't throw.

Pablo - shoulder strain & no update on how long he will be out

Our league is 18 weeks, then the playoffs. Playoff spots are tight, so hate to wait on someone too long & miss out on a possible solid SP like Lamet, who may be able to help my staff sooner than later. 

21 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Team in sig. Have 3 IL spots: A Wood, Pablo, & Buxton, along with Thor on my roster. With D Lamet close to returning, who is my drop:

Alex Wood - good arm, but experienced some back pain yesterday & didn't throw.

Pablo - shoulder strain & no update on how long he will be out

Our league is 18 weeks, then the playoffs. Playoff spots are tight, so hate to wait on someone too long & miss out on a possible solid SP like Lamet, who may be able to help my staff sooner than later. 

I would definitely be dropping Alex Wood in this situation. Is this a keeper league? Pablo has too much upside and Buxton seems to be turning a corner. Lamet has looked pretty solid in his rehab outings and should hopefully slot into the rotation at some point next week 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nitto22 said:

I would definitely be dropping Alex Wood in this situation. Is this a keeper league? Pablo has too much upside and Buxton seems to be turning a corner. Lamet has looked pretty solid in his rehab outings and should hopefully slot into the rotation at some point next week 

Redraft, no keepers. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Redraft, no keepers. Thanks!

Yea I would drop Wood. It seems like he has had set back after set back. 

• Thanks 1

I think it has to be Wood, right? Lopez is an option because of the shoulder but I would drop Wood first.

• Thanks 1

My vote is for Wood. Lopez has more upside, even if you don't know the time table for his return. Thanks for the help with mine.

• Thanks 1

Alex Wood cannot help you right now and might not even later on.

• Thanks 1

Wood easily. He was elite two years ago but allowed a lot more contact last year. Considering his setback in rehab, last year's regression and his move to the springboard that is Great American Ballpark, I am fine moving on from him for the upside of Pablo and the strikeout potential of Lamet.