Nitto22

Machado for Luis Castillo WHIR

Keep forever league. I was offered Luis Castillo for Manny Machado. 2 weeks ago I probably would've pulled the trigger but Machado has been going off and now Castillo is starting to worry me. I definitely have the depth batting wise to make the move, but am I selling low on Machado? WHIR 

C - Garver

1B - Rizzo

2B - Baez 

3B - Machado

SS - Trea Turner

IF - Peter Alonso 

OF - Stanton

OF - Gallo

OF - Oscar Mercado

OF - Yordan Alvarez

UTL - Jorge Polanco

UTL - DJ Lemahieu 

BN - David Peralta 

BN - Domingo Santana

BN - Ramon Laureano 

BN - Vogelbach 

SP - Bauer 

SP - Berrios

SP - Paddack

SP - Chirinos 

SP - Pivetta 

SP - Ray 

SP - Stripling 

SP - Valdez 

SP - Plesac

SP - Turnbull 

IL - Caleb Smith 

IL - Tyler Glasnow 

IL - Luis Severino 

L Castillo is a very solid SP, but the # of walks is concerning. With the young staff you currently have, think I would pass. Can't blame you though for accepting, as you have other players you could deal for another solid 3B. Does the other team have a solid 3B, they could throw in with Castillo?

1 minute ago, DarinB300 said:

L Castillo is a very solid SP, but the # of walks is concerning. With the young staff you currently have, think I would pass. Can't blame you though for accepting, as you have other players you could deal for another solid 3B. Does the other team have a solid 3B, they could throw in with Castillo?

The walks are what make me nervous as well but if he can get it under control he could be elite. He currently has Devers at 3rd. Pitching is so hard to come by in this league so I'm tempted to take a risk with Castillo. Thanks for your help! 

1 minute ago, Nitto22 said:

The walks are what make me nervous as well but if he can get it under control he could be elite. He currently has Devers at 3rd. Pitching is so hard to come by in this league so I'm tempted to take a risk with Castillo. Thanks for your help! 

If that is the case, then I would go after Castillo. I agree that if he decreases the walks, he can be elite. Probably won't be able to get Devers thrown in, unless you can add another player, which I would consider. Devers is having a solid year & should continue for many years to come. Good luck!

• Like 1

I like Castillo, but I feel like you could get a little more for Machado. But you know your league best, and if that is the best pitcher you can get, then pull the trigger!

• Like 1

Machado appears to be much more important to your team as is than Castillo would be. The walks, as mentioned before, are an issue that can keep him from greatness. If he throws in Devers (which I doubt he will), then go for it but otherwise hold Machado.

I wouldn't. Castillo has been great, but the walks are concerning. Thats also not something that just gets fixed and I expect that to follow him during his career. As I said on a post, Manny is on a HOF post at age 26. I would want something much greater than Castillo. 

I think looking at your team that it does hurt you unless you are able to make another move for a 3rd. DJ has played well, and I think he has 3rd eligibility, but he will likely lose playing time when all their guys are back to strength.

If you really want to get Luis, I would try something like Machado and one of the lower SP on your list for Castillo and Devers. Even if Castillo regresses a bit (say a mid 3 era guy), you are covered at 3rd

Hang onto SOCAL he's the better overall player obviously. 

You could do better.