Sign in to follow this  
ammutch

Dynasty trade (Bellinger & Yordan)

Would you trade Yordan Alvarez and Anthony Rizzo for Cody Bellinger in a 16 team dynasty league. OPS replaces BA as a category, so power is prioritized.

Posted (edited)

Yordan & Rizzo both have good power. Who would you pick up, to go with Bellinger, If nobody solid is available, I may pass. Imo, Rizzo still has plenty of good years left in him & Yordan is young & has shown his potential. Curious to hear others respond, as they may have different responses on how they value the 3 players in a Dynasty format.

Would also help if you can post your team & league format. Thanks for mine!

Edited by DarinB300
  • Like 1

Thanks! Deeper league, so not a lot of people available to pick up. I would probably activate Jake Lamb when he gets off the IL this week.

C - Severino

1B - Rizzo

2B - Moustakas

3B - Rendon

SS - Segura

LF - Gallo (would move him to 1B)

CF - Trout

RF - Brian Anderson (would move Bellinger here)

UT - Yordan 

UT - Riley

UT - D. Peralta

BN - B. Dozier, Asdrubel, Lamb, G. Polanco, Goodrum, M. Adams

My pitching is pretty solid, and I have a few decent minor league guys left (50 minor league players per team)

I would stick with Rizzo and Alvarez. Rizzo is as consistent as they come, you can bank on .275 30Hr 100RBIs annually. Yordan looks like the real deal as well. I also own both of them and I wouldn’t trade them for Bellinger. 

• Like 1

As much as I like Bellinger, I think that might be giving up too much for him in a Dynasty league. Especially since you said the league is pretty deep. Yordan has great value in a Dynasty. The kid should continue to produce at an elite level. And Rizzo is still a top tier 1B. I would stick with that combo and take a pass for now. Thanks for the help on mine!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ammutch said:

Thanks! Deeper league, so not a lot of people available to pick up. I would probably activate Jake Lamb when he gets off the IL this week.

C - Severino

1B - Rizzo

2B - Moustakas

3B - Rendon

SS - Segura

LF - Gallo (would move him to 1B)

CF - Trout

RF - Brian Anderson (would move Bellinger here)

UT - Yordan 

UT - Riley

UT - D. Peralta

BN - B. Dozier, Asdrubel, Lamb, G. Polanco, Goodrum, M. Adams

My pitching is pretty solid, and I have a few decent minor league guys left (50 minor league players per team)

To even out rosters, won’t you need a 2nd piece back? I actually really like the idea. Bellinger only 2 years older than Yordan, and we’ve seen Rizzo be “just average” 1B, and this is his year 30 season. But I’d try to get a quality piece to come back in return, as you are giving up a significant package.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

no. this is an insult trade offer. don't buy into Bellinger's Ted Williams like start. why wasn't he selling Bellinger a month into the season.

Edited by mlb2019
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mlb2019 said:

no. this is an insult trade offer. don't buy into Bellinger's Ted Williams like start. why wasn't he selling Bellinger a month into the season.

Yikes. You know Bellinger was good before this April, right? He’s 23 years-old. His 162 game average (as a 21 & 22 year-old, then this half)-

.282/102/39/103/14

• Like 1

I think Bellinger is the best player in the deal, but that is imo giving up 2 very good players for 1 that is slightly better.

I would look at it like this in your situation: what gives you more productivity ros and in future Bellinger and Lamb (since that was who you mentioned) or Rizzo and Yordan.

Not an exact science, but Cody is at 62/25/62/8. If Yordan had his number of AB (275), even go a little lower (YA is at 52, so multiple by 5.Yordan numbers would translate to 60/35/85/0. Add in Rizzo 50/19/55/3.

Cody has cooled a bit, which was expected, and Rizzo has as well to an extent. And Yordan wont keep that pace up, but by the numbers you would need Lamb to produce: 48/29/78/5. Even cut that by a 3rd and its 32/20/51/4. Last year he wasn't close to that.

• Like 1

Keep Rizzo/Yordan, move a mt for Belly in a new deal. 

• Like 1

Coming back to this after a couple days. What if it was Berrios with another hitter? He would want Rendon or Rizzo with Berrios. Is that fair?

33 minutes ago, ammutch said:

Coming back to this after a couple days. What if it was Berrios with another hitter? He would want Rendon or Rizzo with Berrios. Is that fair?

In my opinion that's just as bad.

He is expecting the inevitable regression in Bellinger, which he has already cooled off after the amazing 1st stretch.

Berrios is a young stud, and Rizzo isn't much worse than Bellinger 

• Like 1