Fuzzy_Slippers

6/27 - GAME DAY THREAD

Mets pitching coach (maybe the oldest person I've ever seen walk out onto a diamond mid-game) comes out to talk to Diaz

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

OMG, Segura 3 run shot off Diaz. OOF

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And segura wins it with a three run homer. Thank god this series is over, can’t remember a more painful regular season one. Organizations #1 prospect for a bad contract and a closer that can’t close unbelievable 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

austin meadows has turned into a pumpkin

It's depressing. He's already sitting 1-2 times/week. He's gotta pull it together soon.

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Mets pitching coach (maybe the oldest person I've ever seen walk out onto a diamond mid-game) comes out to talk to Diaz

tenor.gif

This guy could be my twin. The only difference is he doesn't have hearing aids. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This has to be the end of Mickey, right? He's not Brody's guy in the first place, team's in a tailspin, getting into it with reporters. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

And segura wins it with a three run homer. Thank god this series is over, can’t remember a more painful regular season one. Organizations #1 prospect for a bad contract and a closer that can’t close unbelievable 

Yup I absolutely hated the deal. But at the same time it's as vintage Mess a deal as you can get. It's really hard to find an organization that's consistently stupid. The common thread is the owner.

I wonder what it would take for the Wilpons to sell. Hopefully Mess fans will stay home and not support this moronic organization. 

------

PS, I had Wheeler and Nola going. The ratios are great, but if PHI was gonna win anyway, why did Neris have to blow it for Nola. Can't catch a break.

Edited by papasmurf

edwin diaz is why drafting closers in the top 5-8 rounds is dangerous.  reminds me of jensen/chapman last year as well

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

austin meadows has turned into a pumpkin

21 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

It's depressing. He's already sitting 1-2 times/week. He's gotta pull it together soon.

Blake Parker is here to help!

Albies has been consistently sneaky good over the past month. Hopefully this continues.

1 minute ago, rasto21585 said:

Albies has been consistently sneaky good over the past month. Hopefully this continues.

It’s not even sneaky anymore - he’s just...really good.  That lineup change worked wonders, apparently

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It’s not even sneaky anymore - he’s just...really good.  That lineup change worked wonders, apparently

Only downside he doesn’t steal a lot of bases in the bottom of the order, but I’ll take the consistent power, avg and rbi totals as a trade off :)

• Like 1

Did Kimbrel get a facelift of botox or something? Just has a little different look imo.

Ronnie with a scorcher off Kimbrel, doubled into the ivy.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

edwin diaz is why drafting closers in the top 5-8 rounds is dangerous.  reminds me of jensen/chapman last year as well

I forget what Hader’s ADP was, but it’s the highest I’ve ever taken a reliever and it’s paid off, got lucky. 

Edited by Redsfan34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

This has to be the end of Mickey, right? He's not Brody's guy in the first place, team's in a tailspin, getting into it with reporters. 

Nope. I think Brodie is using him as the scapegoat for this season even though he made the bullpen worse than I've ever seen in my life. Brodie knows the Wilpons won't want to pay Mickey and another manager at the same time so he's going to ride this out until ownership says it's time to fire the manager. 

2 hours ago, ty5592 said:

Just think Mets fans July 1st is Bobby Bonilla day. Party time.  Its good to be a Mets fan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Please let this game end.

• Like 1