Simsanityy179

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Anyone know why Mitch went to the locker room? He started strong in limited minutes. 

I think he got elbowed in the head by Markieff. It happened in the 1Q. Had to run errands so something might have happened in the 2Q if it isn’t that.

3 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

I think he got elbowed in the head by Markieff. It happened in the 1Q. Had to run errands so something might have happened in the 2Q if it isn’t that.

That's probably that, if I read the box score correctly he only played in the first quarter.

• Like 1

Hopefully he's not out too long. I have a free week this week since my opponent has Curry/Collins/Bagley/Rose/Westbrook/DJ 😂

Edited by HispasianTuna

3 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Well, he’s officially been ruled out Friday. 

Where 

Think he’s a buy low? I mean he hasn’t been doing well since the start of season...ny rotations are eh too

2 minutes ago, XNW said:

Think he’s a buy low? I mean he hasn’t been doing well since the start of season...ny rotations are eh too

He cant get much lower than he is right now so yes, buy low. One of my teams was desperate for a big and guard heavy so I decided to trade lavine for mitch (before concussion news). In any of my other leagues I would have preferred lavine though and had zero mitch stock and tons of lavine so figured why not. I wouldn't offer anyone better than a mid rounder and only if you really need the blocks. Nows the time to buy low for sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

He cant get much lower than he is right now so yes, buy low. One of my teams was desperate for a big and guard heavy so I decided to trade lavine for mitch (before concussion news). In any of my other leagues I would have preferred lavine though and had zero mitch stock and tons of lavine so figured why not. I wouldn't offer anyone better than a mid rounder and only if you really need the blocks. Nows the time to buy low for sure. 

Ty for insight. lavine a bit too much for me. Haha maybe tj Warren hmm I’ll see what I can get

Just now, XNW said:

Ty for insight. lavine a bit too much for me. Haha maybe tj Warren hmm I’ll see what I can get

Doubt an owner would take TJ Warren unless they're panicking.

4 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Doubt an owner would take TJ Warren unless they're panicking.

That’s true

2 hours ago, Toronto_Blazers said:

I was able to get him for Paschall and Marcus Morris - definitely an acquirable player right now 

That's highway robbery. 

2 hours ago, Toronto_Blazers said:

I was able to get him for Paschall and Marcus Morris - definitely an acquirable player right now 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, XNW said:

Think he’s a buy low?

Yea  I’m super into buying shares of Mitch Rob: injuries, Knicks, foul trouble, mercurial talent.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Toronto_Blazers said:

Well duh, provided you’re willing to pay.

1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

That's highway robbery. 

Lol, how in the heaven's name is that a robbery? Both are playing better than he is right now. There is no indication that he will be better. He is not a good basketball player, he is only good for fantasy. There is no reason why he should be getting more minutes, and with limited minutes his production will also be limited. 
Rankings for players like him are always a 10-20 places higher than they should be.
He was 47th last year, but nobody in his right mind would have him over guys like Simmons, Mitchel, Lavine, Griffin, Green, Love, Fox. 

7 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Lol, how in the heaven's name is that a robbery? Both are playing better than he is right now. There is no indication that he will be better. He is not a good basketball player, he is only good for fantasy. There is no reason why he should be getting more minutes, and with limited minutes his production will also be limited. 
Rankings for players like him are always a 10-20 places higher than they should be.
He was 47th last year, but nobody in his right mind would have him over guys like Simmons, Mitchel, Lavine, Griffin, Green, Love, Fox. 

Last year?  Is this a s--- post? 

Last year Mitch didn't get the chance to really produce until February, from which point on he played 25 mpg and his overall production outpaced literally EVERY one of the names you mentioned in 9-cat.  Mitch absolutely got drafted ahead of players like Lavine, Griffin and Love this year in competitive leagues, and for good reason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not to mention he’s less injury prone than guys as Love, Green, and Griffin.  MitchRob has had a lot of issues but I’m guessing he will stabilize whereas green specifically is probably going to have a lost season. Some of the others also also punt players, eg punt FT/To or FG/To. 

1 minute ago, 80version said:

Last year?  Is this a s--- post? 

Last year Mitch didn't get the chance to really produce until February, from which point on he played 25 mpg and his overall production outpaced literally EVERY one of the names you mentioned in 9-cat.  Mitch absolutely got drafted ahead of players like Lavine, Griffin and Love this year in competitive leagues, and for good reason.  

That's why he got overdrafted, because people this year were reaching for potential without considering the risk. 

The Knicks adding Randle, Portis, Morris, and Gibson should have been a giant red flag for any serious fantasy player. I know they're all power forwards but anyone who watched the Knicks last year knew there was a danger of Mitch being Fizdale'd with that many veteran options. 

I still have faith he'll produce but the people who are sweating this pick are the ones who reached, not the ones who let him fall to an acceptable risk/reward position.  

I guess there is a reason he was drafted 36th.  He is definitely not Draymond, but  there is hope he will improve in the future.  I am not too optimistic about this year though. 

For  Mitch owners ( I am not one of them) it is going to be bumpy ride. If you can stomach foul trouble, Fiz, low basketball IQ then maybe you will get rewarded when Knicks start playing for ping pong balls